• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 years ago by jwt.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Scribe cycling – any experiences?
  • jwt
    Free Member

Just asking if anyone has come across this brand and what their experinece of the service and product is?
    https://www.scribecycling.co.uk/
    Similar price and product to Hunt on face value but first i’ve heard of them?
    Had good experience with a set of Hunts and looking at some mixed depth carbon rim brake wheels from them, but more choice is always good.

jwt
    Free Member

So, after I posted this on here there was a resounding silence. I kept looking for reviews for Scribe wheels and forgot about posting up.
    Surprisingly I received a message through singletrack from Alan @ scribe, he explained about Scribe and how he was excited to be starting his own wheel brand, we exchanged emails for a few weeks and he gave me the opportunity to test a set of Scribe Pace wheels.
    They arrived on Thursday and after initially thinking the box was empty (as they are very light) I was very impressed with them. Very well made and they have an understated look that I really like. In the confines of a garage the freehub seemed quite loud, but once out and rolling no more so than any of my other wheels, and the pickup is as near instant as far as I can tell.
    I had time to fit tyres and have a spin round my village, but the real test came on Sunday when I completed the Fred Whitton Challenge. As with any good wheelset they just got on with the job and let me concentrate on how horrible Hardknott really is when you’ve already done the best part of 100 miles! The weather again this year was fantastic and much improved on the brutal headwinds on the Lakeland Loop last month, and the scenery really was stunning with such a clear day.
    I fully intend to buy a set of Scribe 3850 carbon wheels and in the brief time I’ve had the Pace wheelset been very impressed with them.

jwt
    Free Member

So three months on and today was the first ride on a set of Sribe Aero 3850’s.
    It’s the first time I’ve ridden a wheel deep enough to be considered to give an aero benefit.
    They were quick to say the least, it’s as if the whole bike has been dialled up to 11.
    It even manages to feel more comfortable which is amazing given how stiff and fast the wheelset feel.
    Throughout the entire time Alan and Scribe have been great to deal with and they have a happy customer in me, so I can only recommend based on my experiance.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Scribe cycling – any experiences?’ is closed to new replies.