Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Scott Twinloc – fork question
  • walowiz

Not a stealth wanted ad, though I can see how it might look like it :).

Am after a set of forks for a 2018 Scott genius which has the twin loc system & lever. The shock is oem so has the twinloc already.

I see that I can buy fox forks with 3 position adjustments. Is this the fork that the twinloc lever sets ?

I guess my question is – is this the fork to get & is there something from Scott that sits on top of the standard fox 3 position fork to allow cable operated setting of the fork (& shock) ? OR is there a ridiculously expensive Scott specific variant of the fork that is needed. Which would be a right pita & make me question how much I really like the twinloc – which I do like.

Can’t seem to confirm this info via the great inter web. Am hoping the STW massif can come up with the goods.

dex78
    Free Member

I wouldn’t bother, the bike is better without the front fork locked out on climbs, just keep the twinloc lever hooked up to the rear.

If you really want to keep it on the front you can use a standard Fox Fit4 3 position adjust fork and add the Fox Fit4 remote 3 pos topcap interface – U-Cup Push-Lock 2018.

kneed

I dont think of it as a lockout really: its most useful setting is the middle one. For the fork it’s a “top cap” that fits on top of the forks damper side. You can buy the top part separaetly (eg 820 05 332 kit) but to be honest I dont know if it only works on custom / oem forks. Someone more knowledgeable will be along shortly.

However the forks including the top cap do come up on ebay regular-ish.

BearBack
    Free Member

You used to be able to swap the remote top and lever top cap internal assemblies over with no hassle between Fox fit4 forks.
    I did a remote delete on a 2018 genius tuned fox 36 to sell it as a 3pos lever fork but ended up having to put an entire new fit4 cartridge in as the oem spec factory 36 top cap didn’t have the i-dent machining to enable the lever to click into the 3 positions.
    As you don’t need that for the remote assy then it wouldn’t matter.
    The other thing to consider is that Fox now do push to lock and push to unlock..the part number above looks right but you might be limited to 2016/17MY forks to avoid chasing slight incompatibilities.. that said, I was able to install a 2016 remote top cap into a 2019 34 and it works..perhaps it was a weird one off with the 36.

walleater

A good number of the people I know who ride Scotts have ditched the fork Twin Loc. Bike geometry and forks with high and low speed compression adjustments have made it a bit redundant for many. It’s possible to set up a fork so it doesn’t bob around too much or dive under braking, yet still open up on the chunder. I can’t remember the last time I adjusted a fork on a ride to be honest.

walowiz

thanks guys.

I’ve now bought the Genius frame, so will place up a wanted ad for the right fork.

The genius can take 27.5 x 2.8 and 29 x 2.6 tyres IIRC, does that mean the Genius is supplied with the 29″ variant of the Fox Float fork ?

BearBack
    Free Member

Yep comes with a 29/27.5+ fork. so 29

walowiz

thanks Bearback.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Scott Twinloc – fork question’ is closed to new replies.