Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Scott Ransom, travel adjust advice…
  • smogmonster

Does the Bottom Bracket height alter in the different travel modes? If so i assume that the lockout mode will give a steeper head angle than in middle mode, which in turn is steeper than full bounce?

Or does the head angle always remain the same?

karmamac
    Free Member

In the lock mode you wont engage the usual 30% sag so the bottom bracket will be higher and the headtube steeper.

you got it pretty right tho.
    Lock is steepest
    middle is slacker and because you sink further into the travel on open mode the headtube is slackest there.

Scott Pro shop.

TimP
    Free Member

And therefore in lockout you feel quite high up and a bit perched. I tend to use middle setting most of the time with it open going down hill

smogmonster

Cheers folks, the lockout would be for roadie bits only so being perched high up isnt a problem.

BearBack
    Free Member

And therefore in lockout you feel quite high up and a bit perched.

Which makes it ideal for fireroad/paved climbing and road sections

fwiw, I ride in TC out back almost all of the time, and 100mm on the 36’s up front. Even with full on techy descents, i’ll run TC and 130mm front

If i use full travel front and rear, I feel a bit detached from the bike with the resulting slack head angle although its nice to know its there when you ‘really’ need it.
    I do love the bike though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Scott Ransom, travel adjust advice…’ is closed to new replies.