Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Scott MTB marathons, any updates?
  • hutchweb

Hi, anybody know if the Scott MTB marathons will start up again this year?
    Have really missed them.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Not a sausage on the socilas

mccraque

They’re great. Last one I did was a LLandovery super soaker. It rained for the whole ride other than the last 30 mins when the sun appeared.

We need them back!

mattbee

Have 2 entries for the ‘20 series that I’m hoping will eventually be rolled over when they come back again, they are great events but the communication from the organisers is woeful.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Only marathons I know of that are running are these https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/mtb/article/20211122-mountain-bike-British-Cycling-announces-mountain-bike-calendar-for-2022-0 & https://www.yorkshiremountainbikemarathon.co.uk

National Marathon Series

Round 1: 2 – 3 July, Pippingford

Round 2: 31 July, Isle of Man

Round 3: 13 August, Kielder Forest

steve_b77
    Free Member

National Marathon Series

Round 1: 2 – 3 July, Pippingford

Round 2: 31 July, Isle of Man

Round 3: 13 August, Kielder Forest

Brilliant, so a £450 round trip to the Isle of Man, yey, said no-one ever!

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I know right??

I don’t understand why the Yorkshire MTB Marathon isn’t their in its place.

Whose going to travel to the IOM? Beautiful place but £££!

padkinson
    Free Member

As far as I know it’s due to UK laws about racing on rights of way and landowner things.

The Yorkshire marathon and Scott series get away with it by not being races, but for anything where you get a position (as opposed to just a time) it needs to be on private land (Pippingford, the FC land at Kielder etc.).

The IOM has different laws, so they’re one of the only places in the British Isles you can do a proper 100km single loop race.

Speshpaul

There are 3 dates and locations on my planner but as of yet not confirmed. But the dates are out there with suppliers and sponsors.
    I’d expect to see something soon.

gingerflash

“As far as I know it’s due to UK laws about racing on rights of way”
    “The Yorkshire marathon…get away with it by not being races”

It’s the other way round. The Yorkshire one is absolutely a race and is held entirely on private land.

hutchweb

Great hope you are right speshpaul, thanks for that

jonba
    Free Member

Would love to see the Selkirk one happen. Was one of the first events I did. It was definitely a race, it was the national champs one year – but maybe that was a Scottish right to roam thing?

chapelbay
    Free Member

Not sure what timetable you are looking at. Liverpool – IOM return with a car plus 1 passenger is £239 for that weekend.

Betamax
    Free Member

I’m looking forward to it, it’s the hardest UK race I’ve ever done and the organisation is spot on. Well worth the effort

padkinson
    Free Member

It’s the other way round. The Yorkshire one is absolutely a race and is held entirely on private land.

Taken straight from their website: “Please note: As the event is a challenge event we do not publish the results in order of finish times. However if you are interested in how your finish time compares to others overall you can select on the results cell and filter the results ‘smallest to largest’.”

hutchweb

I received the following email from them last week, no update on website yet but looking good!:-
    We’re back!!!
    Yes, you read that correctly, we’re back, it’s been a rough few years but we can’t complain – we’ve survived a pandemic and for this and for the immense understanding of you guys we give a massive THANKS!!!!
    The last couple of months have been a whirlwind but we’re finally in a position to announce that the 2022 Hope Technology MTB-Marathon Series will kick off with Round 1 in our hometown of Builth Wells where it all began over 20 years ago. On 9-10th of April our events will awaken from their slumber and will bring us all back together for the first time since September 2019. The awesome guys from Hope are again stepping up as headline partners bringing along not only THE BEST UK MADE cycle components but also the Hope Women’s rides. Exposure Lights will be illuminating the hillsides for the Exposure Lights Big Night Out, traction will be provided by Schwalbe tyres UK and nutrition as always taken care of by Matt and his team from Torq – what feels like our family, will be all back together and it’s going to be incredible to get you guys all on the start line at Penmaenu Farm Campsite for what we hope will be the best season ever!
    Chilled out beers with your mates, miles of awesome singletrack, that festival vibe that we’ve all missed so much awaits not only you MTB-Marathon veterans, but also those new to our beloved sport who’ve not yet experienced the most all-inclusive events the UK has on offer. Those of you who entered way back in 2020, we can only thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your patience, without your understanding, we as a business, would never have survived the last couple of years, as promised your entry can be transferred to the event of your choice this year. So far, we can confirm that Round 3 will take place in Ruthin, northeast Wales on 10-11th of September and so far round 2 is work in progress for Minehead, looking likely to be early July, as soon as we know more you’ll be the first to know.
    That’s all for now, we’ll be in touch very soon with more details, but you can’t believe how good this feels to be hitting “send” on this mail shot and re-lighting the fire in you all.
    Happy trails, Ga, Dave and the crew

core

I’m entered for the Mini Marathon after not riding a mountain bike for almost a year, I might die… Who else is in?

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

I’m so looking forward to it. Doing the full marathon and throwing in a peddle up day at BPW on Saturday to make a weekend of it. Can’t wait.

oldenough
    Free Member

Looking to do the full marathon Sunday, weather dependent, not going to pre enter, will take my chances on a late entry.

Kryton57

I decided not to enter this year as much as I like the Builth marathon. I hope you all enjoy it – a lot!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.