Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Scam or paranoia?
  • tjagain

A couple of weeks ago I got an email from pure planet ( energy company) saying they want to compensate me for a failed transfer to their services adn that “wise” ( transferwise” will contact me to arrange it

I did try to transfer to them in jan and it did fail

today I receive an email from Wise asking for my bank details to make the transfer.

this just screams scam to me but am I being paranoid? I really do not like giving all my bank details to someone who has called me

So am I just being paranoid or is this a a scam?

ta

dyna-ti

Phone them. Or if you cant get a direct phone number email them using their websites internal emailing.

tjagain

I have done the internal email

I feel like an old confused man this morning. Hurumph!

reeksy

According to their own site you’d be breaching their conditions if you shared your account info.

https://wise.com/gb/blog/never-allow-access-to-your-account

tjagain

I do not have an account with wise – never used them

wise is asking me for for my bank account details to pay money into my bank account

It all looks legitimate but I need to set up an account with wise giving them my bank details which seems a bit off to say the least

If its a scam it seems very complex but sends my spidy sense tingling

Yak

Ask for a cheque instead. Last time I had some compensation from an energy company I recieved a cheque.

bruneep

Phone them.

Ha are you new here,  TJ wants everything done by email and refuses to discuss by phone

jkomo

With everything going on today why would they do this? Scam

kelvin

You can’t be too careful. Paranoia about being scammed isn’t a thing, us all being aware how prevalent scams now are needs to be a thing.

tjagain

The more I look into it it look legit – even going to pure planets website via a search engine

No phone number for pure planet. I have emailed them several times with no response and have now done again asking them for a different way to get my money

Even if it is legit I am not setting up a wise transfer account just for this

thanks guys – nice to know I am not being too paranoid 🙂

the reason they gave for the transfer failing is nonsense – but I can see why they are confused, According to pure planet I have two electricity supplies to my flat,. I do not. I have two flats next door to each other each with their own supply

beinbhan

Get yourself a Revolut account. they can pay into that if you think its a scam.

5plusn8
    Free Member

I have a Wise account (was transferwise), they are pretty good to be fair. When Scotland gets independence and joins the EU you will not need to panic buy a Euro account as you will already have one with them.
    Handy also for your pan euro trips peage shopping cashpoints etc.

edit – echo Kelvin et al, no such thing as paranoia when it comes to this stuff.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Scam or paranoia?’ is closed to new replies.