Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Save money – cancel your Orange contract early
  • Flaperon

Just a heads up to those who still have time left to run on an Orange contract. I got a text yesterday telling me that call charges are going up from September.

This is ground for an early termination by the customer as per the contract (section 4.3), allowing us to leave early and keep the phone.

I called today and cancelled 4 months into a 2 year contract – my PAK code is in the post and I've saved myself about £500. The phone is going on eBay. 🙂

Nothing stopping you porting your number to another network, then signing a new contract with Orange and taking it back. Ahem.

Hope it saves someone else some money too.

Drac

I don't pay for calls.

speaker2animals

Cheers for that. Want to go pay as you go so this will save me 6 months to end of contract.

kinda666
    Free Member

Mmmmmmmmmmm just the chance i've been waiting for! Can get my hands on an iphone now! Was looking at March 2010 otherwise!

Free Member

Kinda

Let me know how you get on im thinking just the same

Telemaster18
    Free Member

tell me what to say to them so I can cancel them

Telemaster18
    Free Member

I hate orange!

kinda666
    Free Member

Ok Stick, Keef's just signed up to Orange, wonder how long that'll last now??

Flaperon

Relevant point is section 4.3.1 of the terms and conditions, forbidding them from increasing prices above the RPI. Also useful is section 14, which states that the phone has nothing to do with the contract, so they can't ask you to give it back.

JxL
    Free Member

Anybody else tried this? My parents have Orange contract which wanted to get out of. What kind of charges are you looking at?

Mof
    Free Member

I have no problem with Orange whatsoever.. although I'm now on Pay as you go coz I'm a low user, but previous contract was faultless.

oxnop
    Free Member

Has anyone else tried thus yet?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

my contract for 200 minutes and unlimited texts plus unlimited internet (5gb) for £17 is quite good on orange 🙂

jon1973
    Free Member

600 mobile minutes anytime and unlimited anytime landline calls and a few hundred texts for £20. Plus a nice handset. Irrelivant if they increase the call charges charges. If you threaten to leave once your contract is up, they fall over themselves to keep you on.

Surfr
    Free Member

Can anyone find the info from Orange on this? I want an official doc I can point to when I call them up so I can be sure it applies to me.

Haze

Worked for me, had to argue my case a little as I was nowhere near my call limits – told them there was potential for my minutes to increase as I was moving to a new house without a landline.

Cancelled free of charge as of tomorrow. Best get phone shopping, needed a new ipod!

Cheers Flaperon 😀

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Can someone tell me what the text message they send you says as they're gonna phone me back to check whether i've had the text message.

bruneep

Surfr – Member

Can anyone find the info from Orange on this? I want an official doc I can point to when I call them up so I can be sure it applies to me.
    Here yo go…..
    http://www1.orange.co.uk/mobileterms/#4

the_lecht_rocks

same applied to my home phone and broadband package – i terminated the contract with 8 months left to go at no charge to me 😀

jimmy

I'll never go with Orange again. Bunch of idiots.

Haze

Been with them 2 years, never really had any problems.

Phone & Ipod got water damaged, so it's a nice easy way to get replacements in…

andyl46
    Free Member

Doesn't work with the Nokia music 25 contract as the changes dont apply allegedly…

oxnop
    Free Member

Cheers Flaperon, just cancelled my orange contract 5 mts early.
    No probs at all, just made sure i stayed calm and used loads of big words.

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Sorted, didn't even query. Once I said I'd had the text they didn't question it! Quite fancy that T mobile G2 same as the HTC hero.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up!

i have nothing but trouble from Orange. Kept sending me refurbished phones when mine broke, none of them worked. Wouldn't supply an address to make a formal complaint. grr..

Will try it tomorrow!!

runswithscissors

does this apply to business accounts too?

psychle
    Free Member

Don't see why you get to keep the phone? Nothing in the terms and conditions about that…

dan1980
    Free Member

Because the phone isn't part of the contract. Hence when you loose it, they can still charge you line rental etc.

The bit in the contract that covers it is:
    “14.1 your Device is not a part of your Contract – your Device and Accessories are acquired by you outside the terms of your Contract.”

Going to try this today as I've had nothing but problems with Orange.

ski
    Free Member

Has anyone been successful yet?

I have not received a text about the price change, do I need it?

molgrips
    Free Member

I hate orange!

I like Orange. Been with them for 10 years, never had any problems and they now give me really sweet deals. And free broadband 🙂

dan1980
    Free Member

I've been with them since 98 when I got my first phone when I went to uni. I'd built up years of extra deals (10% of for so many years, 15% off for another so many years ect. I'd upgraded my phone in January due to a buggering my old one, and added a 500Mb internet bundle as I was using mobile internet a lot at the time. The bar stewards removed all my discounts upping my bill from £10 a month to over £50.

When I rang up and asked what was going on the person on the other end of the phone basically said that as I'd taken out this 500mb bundle, they'd had to re-do my contract on their system and had "accidentally" removed my discounts, and now they were gone, there was no way of getting them back. As compensation they said they'd change my renewed contract from 18 months to 12. Strangely on their website, it still says I'm on an 18 month contract.

I tried last night to get through but after 30 minutes on hold got bored.

Flaperon

Worked for me, though the woman was a bit arsey about it. Can't blame her too much, tbh, can't be fun working in the disconnections department when little toe-rags like me ring up and quote small print at them.

First person you speak to, ask to be put through to disconnections.

cynic-al
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

I hate orange!

I like Orange. Been with them for 10 years, never had any problems and they now give me really sweet deals. And free broadband

I've been with them for 5 odd years and am happy enough. Now 6 months into an 18 month contract which is 400m, unlimited texts & internet for £22 per month and free broadband.

It would be interesting to cancel but I can't see how I would get that deal anywhere else unless I am missing something?

walla24
    Free Member

Worked for me…thank you for the post Flaperon! just make sure you have a plausible story ie. am moving away from a landline and use the phone for business etc…
    back to pay as you go for me!
    or maybe a new contract and new phone to sell on ebay 🙂
    good luck guys

nicko74

Yep, I'm another saving money by staying with Orange – £10 a month for 200 minutes, 2 magic numbers and unlimited texts 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

I really shopped around for a new contract with phone + contract + broadband this time but nothing came close to Orange – presumably due to my loyalty.

WipeOut
    Free Member

Worked for me as well. First time. Thanks for the top tip Flaperon. Now waiting for my PAC.

dan1980
    Free Member

I rang up last night and and spoke to possibly the rudest phone operator I've ever had the misfortune to ring.

She said, categorically that I was not eligible to cancel my contract as I had not had the text message, but gave no reason as to why I was ineligible. After a circular argument for about 5 minutes I asked to speak to a supervisor. I was put on hold for an absolute age(probably almost half an hour) eventually the supervisor told me that the person I'd just spoken to had "an old version of the customer database", and was wrong, and I could cancel my contract. Annoyingly she was only prepared to do it there and then, and not give me 5 days to sort out a new phone.

Haze

Dan, there's plenty of places that will get a new phone/contract to you with nxt day delivery.

Mine cut off yesterday (a day later than advised), new one's arriving when the postie finally gets out of his pit.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Save money – cancel your Orange contract early’ is closed to new replies.