Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Save money – cancel your Orange contract early
  • steveh

I've just given notice on mine now. 30 days to sort out a new contract and i can keep my number. A good deal for me as I got a £35 a month contract with a free ps3. Now I can keep that and get a cheap contract or another freebie. Ace.

Time for some phone shopping.

ell_tell
    Free Member

So does this only work if your on pay as you go then, and not on a contract where you get free minutes?

Mind you, last time I said I wanted to leave they offered me 600 anytime minutes, 500 texts and unlimited mobile internet for 20 quid a month. Having a decent phone to access the net would make the last part a bit more attractive though.

Candodavid
    Free Member

will this work on business contracts??

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    steveh

I'm on a contract with loads of free minutes. how would it work on PAYG as you can cancel at any time.

I think it can work on business stuff. Just give customer services a call and ask them. I just mentioned something about changes in call costs and did it apply, they said yes and I said to cancel.

Surfr
    Free Member

I've just had the text. Phoning now.

Surfr
    Free Member

Wow. Phone call lasted less than 20 seconds and theres a PAC in the post 😀

ski
    Free Member

Candodavid – Member

will this work on business contracts??

I have just had a text on my business contract mobile, mentioning a change in call costs for roaming calla in zones 3-7, not sure if this is the same price change as other people are getting here?

I guess you might have to wade through the T&C to see if you have the option to cancel?

rhid

So if I cancel my orange contract, then say go to a high street phone shop I can re-sign up with Orange on a new number and similar tariff and pick up a free laptop (as I need a new one)?

Flaperon

Yep. You can even keep your old number if you transfer it to a PAYG phone first (get a free SIM from T-Mobile or something), then transfer it back.

cp

the tariffs with free laptops don't seem that great of a deal IME – better off getting a seperate deal. Having said that, what have you found?

dan1980
    Free Member

Re: Pac codes

The robbing bar stewards wouldn't give me one (ooh err….) without charging me another months line rental. They wouldn't tell me why this was the case, and no amount of complaining, or speaking to a supervisor was getting them to change their mind. Overall they were argumentative and a real pain to deal with in the end to get canceled, but I am now experiencing happy joy feelings with T-mobile who have so far been wonderful compared to the evils of Orange. I guess it's the luck of the draw as to who you get to speak to, and how cooperative they feel.

A change in my number is a small price to pay for better service and happy feelings. I'm going to miss the reminders for Mr Plangs dental appointments 🙂

Surfr
    Free Member

PAC received after phoning Orange to find where my letter was (7 days later). They sent it to me in a text instead and I'm awaiting delivery of my iPhone from O2 tomorrow 😀

BoardinBob

They've changed their minds about the price increases btw

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2009/aug/12/orange-call-charges-u-turn

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Couldn't get a PAC code of them when i rang so i just cancelled mine anyway. It disconnected that evening. I bought a new phone, arrived next day, texted everyone the new number. sorted.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

i canceled mine and now cant get credit for a new one! bloody credit checks got plenty of dosh, but as being in the Forces i move alot and i just moved into a new place 2 months ago, so now im phoneless ffs

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Save money – cancel your Orange contract early’ is closed to new replies.