Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Santa Cruz Hightower Alloy / C/ CC frame weight
  • davegt
    Free Member

Morning Folks

Im trying to find frame weights for the 2020/22021 frame only.

I have found a site with info on the Alloy frame at 4.2kg.

Does anybody know the weight of the C or the CC? Santa Cruz don’t seem to publish it and its lacking from all the reviews I have trolled through online.

Can anybody help?

Cheers, Dave

snotrag

Large alloy frame, DT skewer, seatclamp, and shock (I.E. as it comes out the box) I measured at 4.4kg, so pretty porky. However, I built mine up (with XTR, DT wheels, Hope etc) and ended up at pretty much the same weight as an off-the-peg ‘C’ build for about the same price. Except I have XTR, not NX…

The C and CC frames are signifcantly lighter, based on holding them in store – I dont have figures though and have never seen any.

The long thrad on MTBR is probably your best bet, 141 pages and counting… https://www.mtbr.com/threads/hightower-v2.1107287/

(Remember you cannot buy the C frame only the CC, although theres not much in it between those two variants)

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, IIRC there’s only about 200g between the C and CC.

davegt
    Free Member

Thanks, I had heard there is only 250g ish between the C and the CC.

Really interested to find out Alloy to C

davegt
    Free Member

Looking at comparable frames, its around 1 to 1.5kg lighter

So the C would be in the region of 3ish kg?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Looking at comparable frames, its around 1 to 1.5kg lighter

You sure you’re not looking at builds and comparing?

davegt
    Free Member

No, not looking at builds. Really want to know the frame weight only. Looking at 140-150mm travel frames from other manufacturers there seems to be 1 to 1.2 kg between the alloy and carbon version of the same frame.

using that only, would put the HT C at around 3kg

Poor maths but all I have to go on at the moment!

honourablegeorge

Their R Aluminium build is quoted at 15.99kg / 35.26lbs, while the R Carbon C build is 15.04kg / 33.15lbs

S Alu is 15.81kg / 34.85lbs, S Carbon c is 14.86kg / 32.75lbs

Assuming the same build ( I think it is) they both add up to the C fame being .95kg lighter than the Alu.

davegt
    Free Member

That’s about what I get from the MBR link above. Only I had 1130g lighter rather than 950g lighter.

That’s cleared up todays dilemma!

Thanks everybody!

Dave

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Santa Cruz Hightower Alloy / C/ CC frame weight’ is closed to new replies.