Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Same old tired apology
  • kendonagasaki

Why is it that after nearly knocking me off my bike, I always get the same old apology with the excuse of “I’m a cyclist myself, so I know how you feel!”
    That makes it ok then does it?
    Pick-up parked half on pavement and cycle lane this morning. Told by monkey in it that “There’s room to squeeze through and I’m a cyclist so I should know!”
    Jeez!

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

How were you knocked off by a parked pickup?
    You seem confused. Best get a check up.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

Fail.

BigJohn

Why were you riding on the pavement when there was a cycle lane there?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Boring.

D0NK

Why is this so difficult to understand fellas?
    suburbanreuben

Why is it that after nearly knocking me off my bike, I always get the same old apology with the excuse of “I’m a cyclist myself, so I know how you feel!”

this is an example of what happened in the past, note the crappy excuse

Pick-up parked half on pavement and cycle lane this morning. Told by monkey in it that “There’s room to squeeze through and I’m a cyclist so I should know!”

this happened today, very similar crappy excuse

BigJohn note the bold
    dirk and gary…eh?

cynic-al
    Free Member

LOL, haterz were quick to this one.

idiots.

khani
    Free Member

😀 there does seem to be a negative slant to a lot of the contributions lately..
    It must be the shit weather pissing people off..

nealglover
    Free Member

Donk, did you accidentally reply with a different userid to the original post ?

PiknMix
    Free Member

Never heard the “I’m a cyclist myself” retort, for me it’s always “sorry didn’t see you” usually followed by a witty expletive.

DezB
    Free Member

Apology?! Jeez, I’d be happy if I ever actually received one of those!

D0NK

Donk, did you accidentally reply with a different userid to the original post ?

erm no, OP made a statement that made sense, 4 replys 2 openly derisory and 2 which may or may not be dismissive, but I’ll take a wild stab at being the former. Just defending the OP neal, as khani and cynic-al said there’s a lot of negativity on here at the moment.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

Sounds like a non event however it’s worded. Fail.

nealglover
    Free Member

Fair enough, the way you replied individually to everyone who posted looked a bit the OP replying.

Replace your username with his and see how it reads 😉

asterix
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member
    LOL, haterz were quick to this one.

idiots +1

D0NK

Fair enough, the way you replied individually to everyone who posted looked a bit the OP replying.

yeah I can see your working out, still a bit of a leap to get your result tho 🙂 Second time this week I’ve been accused of defending a (non-existent) alter ego 😯

scotroutes

What the OP fails to take into account is that cyclists are not cyclists when they are driving. Upon entering the vehicle they become drivers and behave just like any other drivers. Cycle up the road from Glentress/Peebles to Edinburgh and see if the cars with bikes on the roof give you any more room than those without.

nealglover
    Free Member

still a bit of a leap to get your result tho Second time this week I’ve been accused of defending a (non-existent) alter ego

Not that much of a leap then eh 😉

kendonagasaki

So. The know it alls of Singletrack are off again!
    Suburanreuben – Where in my post did I say I was knocked off by a parked pick-up? You off for a check up anytime soon?
    Big John – Where in my post did I say I was riding on a pavement?
    Gary M – And you’re not?

Maybe you don’t commute on your bike and you roll out the same story when you cross a cyclist.

Donk – Thank you for some common sense.

I was just pointing out how cheesed off I am that I have to listen to the same old lame apology everytime something happens.
    The incident this morning was me cycling through Chester on my way to work when I came across some idiot monkey in a pickup parked up on the cycle lane & pavement. I mentioned it to him and during his rubbish excuse he mentioned that he was a cyclist so knows how bad it is. Why block the cycle lane then?

kendonagasaki

Oh and Neal, the last post was me. OP

scotroutes

😆

nealglover
    Free Member

Oh and Neal, the last post was me. OP

Yeah thanks for clearing that up

Your minder had already covered all those points though.

njee20
    Free Member

What a needlessly unpleasant thread. 😕

kendonagasaki

This is why I don’t post on here too much. I was just pointing out a common problem which I would imagine most cyclists come across at sometime or other.
    I wasn’t looking for a argument with anybody, I get that on the commute unfortunately.
    So why all the needless pointless comments?
    I’ll leave certain nobodies to their petty negative view on life. 😕

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Same old tired apology’ is closed to new replies.