Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Salman Rushdie
  • argee

Not seen anything on this here, horrific attack on a 75 year old whilst giving a public speech in the US, sounds like he’ll be lucky to survive this one with the injuries he’s got.

If this comes down to the Satanic Verses Fatwa then it’s just unreal, the attacker at 24 years old wasn’t even born when it was released, i fully expect as this has happened in the US, on a US/UK citizen if it’s linked back to the Fatwa it’ll bring more negativity to Islam and do nothing more than heat up racial and religious tension.

anagallis_arvensis

Yep, it’s a big pile of shit all round, hoping he pulls through.

longdog
    Free Member

Yeh it’s not looking great for him from his reported injuries.

I’m sure 99% of people who take issue with his book have never even read it, whether they were alive at the time it was published or not.

racefaceec90

i wish mr rushdie well for a full recovery 🙁

johnnystorm

Awful news and it also brought to light (for me) just how many of the various translators of his book have been attacked/killed over the years. 😔

stumpyjon

Unfortunately whilst the West dances around issues like this and keeps pandering to idiots who get seriously het up over a picture it will continue.

It doesn’t sound good for Mr Rushdie, sounds like he may lose an eye and is on a ventilator.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.