Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Saddle Bag for a Dropper Post
  • grannyjone
    Free Member

Anyone know of a good Seat Post storage solution that works with a Dropper Post ?
    Need to store Inner tube, 2x tyre levers and multi tool.

What I’m looking for:

Does not rub against the Rear Wheel/Mud Hugger
    Does not get in the way if you have to get behind the saddle
    Does not wear out in no time when riding hard singletrack
    Maybe waterproof required as a multi tool will go rusty if it’s letting water in unless there is another way around this

fasthaggis

You get the tail packs that only use the seat rails. Dirt Monkey used to do them,there must be others. Edit something like this

concrete24
    Free Member

I had the same problem and now use the ‘piggy on bike storage’ bracket to strap everything to the frame.

https://www.76projects.com/shop/thepiggy

Works well for me with the same stuff you are carrying. They do a pouch to keep it all dry/safe – but I’m cheap so a sandwich bag does the job just as well for me!

fasthaggis

Maybe waterproof required as a multi tool will go rusty if it’s letting water in unless there is another way around this

I put the multi tool in an old bit of inner tube.
    Leave the tube long enough to fold over at each end and wrap an elastic band round.
    It also stops it wearing through stuff. If you were really bothered you could put the whole lot in a sandwich bag as well.

akira

Castelli do one that fits on the saddle rails and weecog do a dropper specific bag.

lunge

I’ve got this one from Decathlon, it’s very basic and you’ll need to throw your multi-tool in a sarny bag to keep it dry, but it doesn’t attach to the seatpost so is dropper friendly.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/100-bike-saddle-bag-black-04l-id_8347394.html

Edit, just seen it’s out of stock online, they had them in store when I last went in.

scotroutes

Ortlieb

SimonR

These are great https://velotastic.co.uk/product/brands/speedsleev/speedsleev-ranger-saddle-bag/ – only fits 1 tube but room for multi tool, tubeless repair kit, tyre levers. Best seat pack I’ve used so far – nice and secure and stays well clear of the dropper.

There’s a larger option but looks like it might rest on the seat-post ….

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve got the previous decathlon one, ormaybe it was just a higher spec, it has a spring loaded clip that locks it between the saddle rails rather than velcro straps.

Problem is weight and bulk mean you won’t get “Inner tube, 2x tyre levers and multi tool” (and puncture repair kit, tubeless plugs etc) in a bag that is only attached at one point. So I put that in the bag and strap the inner tube to the frame.

highlandman
    Free Member

Wolftooth components do a very useful little clamp that does two jobs:
    Firstly, it acts as a clamp that when tightened onto the sliding surface of a faulty dropper, will prevent it ‘dropping’. brilliant idea to have with you on a long ride or multi day tour.
    Secondly, it is shaped so that if you position it at the top of your dropper right under the saddle, it will cunningly hold a bag strap and thereby protect the sliding surface from scuffing damage from dirt under a mucky strap. So you can then use any saddle bag you like…

konanige

Weecog!!!!!

TheGingerOne

Louri strap and their new drybag will fit the bill nicely, that’s what I use for those bits

mrchrist

I just leave the strap on the seat tube loose and works fine. This is for a 1 litre jobby though. Never tried it with a massive one.

jler1985
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Saddle Bag for a Dropper Post’ is closed to new replies.