• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by evh22.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Rushup Edge: your views are needed. Again.
  • Pook

DCC have issued their latest proposal for Rushup Edge (Chapel en le Frith Byway 144). Needless to say, once again its an over engineered, unnecessary design with no consideration for future maintenance needs.

All that’s needed is a little bit of hand pitched stone on some of the biggest steps.

Bike Garage/PDMTB have done a great little vid showing the very sparse bit of work that is maybe needed and ask for your comments to help shape their response.

Rushup Edge – Your input is required

Keeper of the Peak has also pulled together a draft response and invites your comments.

Rushup. “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

It’s been a long hard slog on this one that doesn’t look like ending soon, despite better noises from DCC about consultation.

Yes, it’s a pain, but it could have simply been type one aggregate for its entire length had these groups not spoken up. Let’s not give up now.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

questionnaire done.

ayjaydoubleyou

Done. Hopefully I gave a well reasoned argument in the text boxes in favour of interesting walking, cycling and running; but as i then later revealed that I was a non disabled, white British male under 40, they will probably throw out my response.

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Completed here to

Pook

Thanks folks.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Thanks for looking out for us, Pook. As only an occasional user of the route, but someone appalled by the original plans and 100% sympathetic to the collective reasoning, I’ve submitted my ten cents too.

dannyh
    Free Member

Questionnaire done. Don’t know if I was constructive, but I basically said it would still waste less money putting it back how it was and that the Peak is a wild place and shouldn’t be sanitised to look like a park next to Morrison’s on the edge of a town……

Pook

every little helps Danny.

oops, wrong supermarket

colournoise

Done.

Tracey

Done

keithb

Peak District MTB are still at it….

Rushup Edge (Chapel Gate) joint press release

Good work chaps. Have you FoI’d them for their justification for keeping it closed? I imagine it’s getting regular use despite the official closure…

sarawak
    Free Member

Done but don’t know if they will believe that I am a one legged lesbian single mother illegal immigrant fleeing religious persecution in Burma. If they do then we are home and dry.

martinhutch

Have you FoI’d them for their justification for keeping it closed?

Spite?

evh22
    Free Member

Safety was the reason they gave to allow them to keep it closed. This is despite it being open to traffic for 4 years without incident.

FOI is in development.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Rushup Edge: your views are needed. Again.’ is closed to new replies.