Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 2,576 total)
  • Rugby World Cup Thread 2019
  • samperry25
    Free Member

Wilson had control of that ball and put it down so should have been Scrum 5 to Ireland (unless they’ve changed that)

anagallis_arvensis

Just nipped into the club house to get coffee, scotland making it easy for them so far!

bigblackshed

Scrum 5, not a try.

Scotland have been pish so far.

“Don’t forget about England v Tonger!” FFS!

duckman

Yup

gauss1777
    Free Member

Just nipped into the club house to get coffee, scotland making it easy for them so far!

I can see why Tj watches from behind his sofa! Ireland are getting more than their fair share of the luck; but I think that’s due to Scotland’s sloppiness. Too many wee errors from Scotland and now they’re trying to force things. Maybe.

akira

Too much ambition with too many mistakes, we need to calm down and build some phases.

tjagain

Scotland heads went straight down after 10 mins. Very poor leadership again. I thought those days of going behind and then looking beaten were behind us! Buggeration.

Watson looks like a tourney ending injury as well. The toonbola strikes again – Brown the replacement hooker on at 7 ( he did start off life as a flanker)

Why does one team get all the luck? sometimes it works for you but right now scotland would lose a winning lottery ticket.

Time to build a pillow fort behind the sofa. I may be there some time

tjagain

Wilson had control of that ball and put it down so should have been Scrum 5 to Ireland (unless they’ve changed that)

The irish player just got it to ground before wilson took the ball. Just.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Scotland look really poor this morning. Ireland look a different team to the one hosed at Twickenham. Hopefully Watson’s injury isn’t too bad.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Too much ambition with too many mistakes, we need to calm down and build some phases.

Agreed. It looks to me as if Ireland have had better warm up games and are starting well, whereas Scotland are feeling their way/ not up to speed. With Ireland being the stronger team, it’s not surprising they’re comfortably ahead. Scotland should get better over the next couple of games, to be ready for Japan. 1st or 2nd in the group doesn’t make much difference to Scotland imho.
    A real shame about H Watson, he is an exciting player.

samperry25
    Free Member

<blockquote
    The irish player just got it to ground before wilson took the ball. Just.>

I just hate Wayne Barnes

(How the hell do you use the quote thing!!)

Tom-B
    Free Member

I feel like this is going to be a very long second half.

bruk

With the rain now it’s a complete foregone conclusion. Ireland will close this out, doubt We will even get a try.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Why does one team get all the luck?

It’s funny how when one team is totally pish the other team seems to have more “luck”.

Incorrectly awarded try, or not, Scotland are getting thrashed fairly and squarely. They lack the power to bully Ireland.

akira

This is not a good start to the day.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Well that’s Pools A and B decided with just a bunch of meaningless games against the minnows to come.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Really? Japan will be feeling pretty confident today I reckon! Scotland have only got a 4 day turnaround before that game too.

bruk

At least Scotland will get a couple of games before they have to face Japan who will have targeted that game as THE one to win.

Ireland strangled them just like before and we didn’t have the power to get any control and reverted to trying too bloody hard because we couldn’t build phases well.

Ah well such is the life of a Scotland supporter, hope is a bastard

tjagain

Japan will be licking their lips at that performance for sure. Best I have seen from Ireland for a while but poor from Scotland. The forwards especially looked uninterested until about 60 mins. Nothing Russell could do ‘cos he didn’t get much ball to play with and too many gaping holes in defense. 3rd try especially – no one covered the winger as Maitland had had to come inside to make a tackle. 9 or !5 should have been out on the wing

The fans will be after Townsend and I think he must take some of the blame. Scotland looked like they didn’t think they could win. OK that second try came from bad luck ( pen not given, ball off the post leading to a 5 m scrum but there is no excuse for the team to look beaten after 10 mins. None. Somethings not right in the mental preparation.

Thompson and Graham showed they should have started

tjagain

Scotland have only got a 4 day turnaround before that game too.

Yes – but the game before is russia so we should be able to rest guys

Bradbury to come in for Watson? ( he looks like he will not play again)

BruceWee

Pish.

The one saving grace is that it wasn’t exactly unexpected. Unfortunately I didn’t manage to extinguish all my hopes before kick off.

IdleJon

At least Scotland will get a couple of games before they have to face Japan who will have targeted that game as THE one to win.

I wonder how many injuries Scotland will get against Samoa?

It’s funny how when one team is totally pish the other team seems to have more “luck”.

Agreed. Scotland didn’t do any of the basics correctly. They couldn’t even work out that when you’ve made 20m down the pitch you don’t kick the ball into touch. And if you do, you need to compete at the line out, not stand there waiting for Ireland to give you the ball.

The single thing they did well was to charge down kicks, but that was because Ireland weren’t guarding the fringes in their normal way.

After the first quarter Ireland needed to do nothing more than run through their basic systems to win that game.

tjagain

The loss wasn’t unexpected but the nature of it was. Large steaming pile of mince

gauss1777
    Free Member

Japan will be licking their lips at that performance for sure. Best I have seen from Ireland for a while but poor from Scotland. The forwards especially looked uninterested until about 60 mins. Nothing Russell could do ‘cos he didn’t get much ball

– Scotland will (have to) get better, and the Japan v Scotland game continues to look key
    – Russell got enough ball to say he had a poor game. He seems to pass to players who are only half expecting it and have almost no time on the ball
    – Hogg must be good, everyone including Gatland rates him highly, but whilst he is fast and has a great boot, he jinks and runs straight into the defender. He’s nothing like Kolbe, which is how people talk of him imho
    – just too many errors, if Scotland had scored when they were pressuring Ireland in the ~45th min then they might have come back, but Barclay fluffed it. It was wet, but was one of many key mistakes.
    – Ireland (whilst good) were no better than their games against Wales as far as I could see, just that they capitalised on Scotland’s poor play

hols2
    Free Member

Well that’s Pools A and B decided

Come on, it’s not guaranteed that Japan will beat Scotland.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Well that’s Pools A and B decided

Come on, it’s not guaranteed that Japan will beat Scotland.

😂

tjagain

One point. I thought the refs were supposed to be keeping better control of offside – in just about every game so far players are constantly offside in the centres.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Scotland have only got a 4 day turnaround before that game too.

Yes – but the game before is russia so we should be able to rest guys

Russia will be licking their lips after today. Scotland should win, but not necessarily if they get ahead of themselves.

gauss1777
    Free Member

C’mon Tonga!

tjagain

Russell may have had the ball but it was crap ball always without space – partly due to good irish play blitzing to cut off the moves but mainly because the forwards were not getting him on the front foot.

gauss1777
    Free Member

As an aside, what game do people think will provide the biggest score in the competition?

IdleJon

Nice to see that Farrell’s first involvement is with a shoulder charge to the face. 🙄

slackalice
    Free Member

As a casual RU follower this is a great thread to follow, thanks and well done peeps.

In peril of losing all credibility with chips on shoulders though…

gauss1777
    C’mon Tonga!

Classy. 🙄

gordimhor

First of all Ireland deserved the win. As for Scotland Rory Lawson got it right on the radio commentary when asked how poor the Scotland performance was he said ” Less than 2 out of 10 I don’t have the vocabulary to describe it”

gauss1777
    Free Member

gauss1777
    C’mon Tonga!

Classy. 🙄

Eh???

Just supporting the underdog.

anagallis_arvensis

Smashed him bro!

anagallis_arvensis

Ref failing to compute that Tonga have the stronger scrum

anagallis_arvensis

Tonga looked knackered after more than 3 phases!!!

anagallis_arvensis

Eh???

ABE!!!!

IdleJon

Ref failing to compute that Tonga have the stronger scrum

Commentators also saying that Tonga collapsed. Couldn’t possibly be England in their minds. 😁

Eh???

ABE

Are English fans getting a chip on their collective shoulders because Wales, Ireland and Scotland don’t all become English cheerleaders? 😂 (So many reasons for supporting teams -or not! – buts it’s always ABE in their minds.)

Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 2,576 total)

The topic ‘Rugby World Cup Thread 2019’ is closed to new replies.