Viewing 40 posts - 1,321 through 1,360 (of 4,700 total)
  • Rugby world cup
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

DD – be careful, YOU might end up as Scotlands third team! 😛

Can you kick at goal?

Pigface
    Free Member

:mrgreen:

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Front 5 were crap against Romania, and it was our first game. But we still havnt set the heather on fire.

We will step up to the plate next week. Unfortunatly its a Sunday so we will be missing a decent prop.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ta CFH – I think 😕

Muddy – this is crunch time for Scotland under Robinson. Everything for 6 months or more in Scottish rugby has been geared to these two games. No hiding places. This is a better Scotland team than the one that beat Argentina in Argentina and you have not seen the best of them yet. They will step up.

Robinson has treated the Georgia and Romania games as the final two warm up games and will have had 11 days to prepare for Argentina. NO excuses now.

toys19
    Free Member

Did I OK then, however I fail to see why toys is emptying his pram over it. I think the man has issues

Because this is a thread about rugby, and I can’t take any discussion from you lot seriously when really it’s not discussion or informed comment, its just an excuse to bash england. AA we did have adecent discussion on about page 6, it was about rugby, do you remember? But it’s just dull when you canstantly harp on about hating so and so. You haven’t seen me hate any of the welsh players. Just grow up, and grow a pair so you can actually stand winning without gloating, or losing without making excuses that it was englands fault for slaughtering Owain Glyndwr in 1324. You know every time Shane goes over against us, I don’t despise him, I respect him. Rugby is about respect. The only reason you hate Ashton or anyone else is you don’t like the idea of them scoring against you. It’s juvenile. And some of the scots are as bad, if not worse.

Teej, as others said, I reckon you’ll have bigger problems with Argentina than against us.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Wow.

All this “I hate England and hope they lose to everyone”, followed by “I hate that you hate us. Why won’t you love meeeee”…

You all sound like a bunch of dicks. There’s me extolling the virtues of rugby to my American colleagues, and then I read this kind of shite. Not sure what went on 30 pages ago, but stop bleating like a bunch of wendyballers.

Oh, and teej? Scotland haven’t got a hope against Argentina. 😀

duckman

Toys…pram..emptying…

Again;Why don’t you stop posting here? Because your increasing ranting is starting you make it look like your “standards as you refer to them are dropping.As far as I can see,it is all discussion and informed comment about rugby,apart from you trying to play the racism card,which you are increasingly trying to do,which puts us all off track.I also found it a wee bit creepy that you are willing to trawl 36 pages to find quotes from the main participants to back up your wild-eyed accusations.Perhaps you see it as a crusade

and I can’t take any discussion from you lot seriously when really it’s not discussion or informed comment

Why participate then? Start your own thread.

toys19
    Free Member

I never said racisim. I like the rugby. You lot need keeping in check. You misunderstand what I want, I don’t want you to like england, I just want you to be honest about it, which most of you have, and I want you to try and separate your hate from the discussion about rugby. Oh and try some better jokes, the toys pram thing is not very creative, original or accurate. I’m not angry. Just dissapointed.

I imagine you don’t like me going on about it because you cannot stand facing reality. But look at it like this, every time someone allows their obvious bias to creep into the discussion, I feel compelled to flag it up, that is all. In the past I have flagged it and people denied it, but know I have got those who are biased to admit they are then they cannot deny it when I flag it. Then we know what is discussion and what is just biased mouth frothing.

and this

a wee bit creepy that you are willing to trawl 36 page

, I didn’t, but I would. I’m not sure what you mean by creepy? Are you capable of discussion without insult?

anagallis_arvensis

only reason you hate Ashton

i believe I have said on this thread a few times that I quite like ashton, plays the game with a smile on his face, I like wilkinson too, never puts other players down. however the little englander views of the lkes of Foden I cannot stand nor the preening gloating of the likes of The Hask. armitage is the one who conflicts me s he is a grinning **** but does appear to be the only player in the Enland squad with a natural apprecition of space o a rugby pitch and i like that in a player. Overall though hate the fckin lot of them 😆

anagallis_arvensis

I’m not angry. Just dissapointed.

are you sure your not my mum?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Given that the thread has turned so anti-England, Wales are now my seventh team, behind England, Scotland, Russia, Australia, Canada and Fiji.

As Gatland said anyway, the Welsh team dislike the Irish more than any other team.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

As Gatland said anyway, the Welsh team dislike the Irish more than any other team.

Damned Irish racists thinking all Welshmen sound like Rhod Gilbert….

😉

Right then, nothign on today, but Italy v Russia tomorrow? Well, I reckon Russia could have a good day there. The Italian team are a little down in the dumps for some reason.
    Then, Tonga v Japan on Wednesday – I’d love to watch this one! I just love the way Japan play with such passion and spirit all game long!

Pigface
    Free Member

DD you are dead to me 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m never one to burn bridges but I feel the time has come 🙁

Pigface
    Free Member

😥 we had fun I will always look back with fondness.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

🙂

🙁

DezB
    Free Member

Who’s anti-England? Bastards!

Had to stay away from the thread cos I didn’t want to know the result of Wales-Samoa until I’d watched it. Then we were in a shop… radio on.. news..bum. Great result though and I’ve watched most of it, was a dogged perfomance by Wales. Read a lot of abuse of Andy Powell on here, but that man doesn’t miss tackles eh?

toys19
    Free Member

are you sure your you’re not my mum?

I might be, had to fix your grammar.. 😆

Listen you are all lovely don’t get hot under the collar, you just have to accept if you are going to bash England, I’m going to give it back. Simple.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I hate Wales.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I hate whales.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I used to hate James Whale.

Pigface
    Free Member

Good call on Tonga Japan that should be loads of fun 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Indeed. That should be a cracking game. Tonga is my eighth team.

toys19
    Free Member

Right then, nothign on today, but Italy v Russia tomorrow? Well, I reckon Russia could have a good day there. The Italian team are a little down in the dumps for some reason.

I’m go for Italy, but very worried that the Russian muscle might overcome them. Is anyone else actually really enjoying the mornings at work with the rugby on t’internet.. All sport should be like this then I can spend the weekends cycling and playing with the offspring. I had to trade both my rides this weekend for Ireland/Aus, Eng/Georgia.

Read a lot of abuse of Andy Powell on here, but that man doesn’t miss tackles eh?

I don’t get this either, I don’t enjoy it when he’s opposite us, a good defender, OK he does look a bit donkeyish at times but then so does Paul O’Connell…

DezB
    Free Member

South Africa to thrash another second string team and again be hailed as RWC winners by the ITV panel. Duh.
    I’m picking Fiji-Samoa as the entertainment in this round 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yeah, PO’C is crap.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’m picking Fiji-Samoa as the entertainment in this round

Hell yeah! That should be a fun game!

toys19
    Free Member

Yeah, PO’C is crap.

I’m assuming this is irony, he’s effing awesome.

DezB
    Free Member

I think DD took your “Donkey” comment to heart. But PO’C is a lock!

toys19
    Free Member

DezB yer I know, it’s just he (POC) has been berated in the press as a bit of a drongo, despite the fact he has most of an engineering degree, deferred. I thought he was easily the best physical player of the 6N. So I was comparing him to Powell both v physical, both at some stage seen by the press as duhh brains.

ocrider

Robinson has treated the Georgia and Romania games as the final two warm up games and will have had 11 days to prepare for Argentina. NO excuses now.

This. I doubt there will be a try scored during the game, but it will be intense. They wont beat England, mind you, even if they can’t get over their discipline problems (what’s going on there?)

Still, enjoyed the games on the weekend. Wales did what they needed to win: Give it to Shane! 8) Gorgodze showing why he is worshipped alongside Trinh Duc and Ouedraougo at Montpellier. Ireland…say no more.

Looking forward to the games in the week and ABs-France next weekend, if the right France show up!

DezB
    Free Member

Can’t see France pulling another shock win out of the bag… certainly going to be interesting

duckman

Eighth favourite is it DD,worrying level of interest in WC there fella!How many teams are in it? 20 is it? Ok; England are now my 20th team,I’m feeling left out of toys list of ungrateful colonials, 😀 actually scratch that, Grandad Duckman would never have approved of me supporting the Japanese, so England 19th favourite. Scotland,Wales,Ireland, Scottish Exiles,going to be enjoying the rest as a neutral

Shandy
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVD7ZcA4p-M[/video]

toys19
    Free Member

,I’m feeling left out of toys list of ungrateful colonials

Dunno what you are on about, you are vying for the top slot.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Japan is my ninth team. Then Zew Nealand. With the anti everybody theme going on here from the Welsh contingent, they’re slipping slowly down my list though.

And yes toys, irony. O’Connell is awesome though not back to his best form. God knows what we’d have done to the Aussies if he was. It was O’Brien, Ferris, Heaslip and Best what did it for us. I think.

toys19
    Free Member

O’Connell is awesome though not back to his best form. God knows what we’d have done to the Aussies if he was. It was O’Brien, Ferris, Heaslip and Best what did it for us. I think.

I dunno I was too busy dealing with two kids and watching out of the corner of my eye, I cannot even remember if O’Connell played on sat 😳 . All I can remember is Beales tache and BODs near catch from the rebound, how great would that have been.

DezB
    Free Member

Not quite as great as if Kearney had had the legs on O’Connor… but that was never gonna happen 🙂

toys19
    Free Member

Not quite as great as if Kearney had had the legs on O’Connor… but that was never gonna happen

Dez, I’m being thick, I didn’t understand this? What are you saying? Single syllabubs please..

Shandy
    Free Member

He means Bowe with the intercept. He was doing well for the first 60-70, then O’Connor just reined him in. I think O’Connell is steadily getting back to his best. Healy is becoming a key player for us, he has somehow managed to add bulk to aid his scrummaging without sacrificing his ball carrying. He is good for a turnover a game these days and he absolutely mangled Cooper at one point as well.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,321 through 1,360 (of 4,700 total)

The topic ‘Rugby world cup’ is closed to new replies.