Viewing 40 posts - 1,281 through 1,320 (of 4,700 total)
  • Rugby world cup
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m going to go hunting for a quote…of mine 🙂

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Look, if the Welsh and Scottish fans want to play at schoolground racism and hate the English then so be it, it doesn’t make me any less happy to be English.
    I’ve just spent the day in North Wales and had a great time, even watched the England game in the CRC marquee before the ride – only one bloke wandered through muttering ‘c’mon Georgia’ and he was laughing!

Those of you saying how much you hate/loathe/detest another Nation and/or their team just come across like wendyball fans – and thats the worst insult i can think of!

EDIT: I just want Scotland to lose to see how TJ will squirm and pretend he never claimed Scotland would top the group… 😛

IdleJon

muddydwarf – Member
    Look, if the Welsh and Scottish fans want to play at schoolground racism and hate the English then so be it, it doesn’t make me any less happy to be English.

I’m sure that you aren’t confusing real racism with a sporting rivalry? I’ll happily drink with any of you, but I don’t have to support your team.

IdleJon

Anyway, bye for now, and play nicely. It would be a shame for the thread to be shut down after squillions of posts.

toys19
    Free Member

Me neither, but I won’t let it pass without pointing out. I won’t drop my standards jsut because they want to.

PS the wendyball comment is accurate. 😀

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I’m sure that you aren’t confusing real racism with a sporting rivalry? I’ll happily drink with any of you, but I don’t have to support your team.

I’d hope not, but some comments are IMO boredering on racism. I don’t want you to support my team, i certainly don’t want to support yours!
    A few yrs ago i did used to cheer Wales, but i encountered so much anti-English bile on various online rugby boards that i now want Wales to lose every single match they play – even if they are facing France!

I don’t hate the Welsh or the Scots, i just find some of the latent anti-English stuff to be ignorant and heading towards racistly offensive – not particularly from here to be fair but it does exist.

duckman

Ahh is it getting to you, realising that you can’t raise a thought without have to despise england first?

Toys; why don’t you just nail yourself to a cross?

Rugby; Wales, England, Ireland all looking good for quarters, having beaten the Argentinian 2xv in the summer, can we step up? IF the two different Scotland teams turn up (backs from Rom,fwds from Dode) I think we can. In all honesty it will be our Australia, but on form did any of us really give Darcys mob a chance?
    Murray to decide Argies are the de’ils servants,Jackson to notice the name “John Rutherford” next to father on his birth certificate.
    Mozzie brings his kicking boots. I know we are shecht, all I want is for us to play one game the way that I think we can.

duckman

dwarf/toys; please cite the examples of racism you refer to.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Agreed.’there’s been none of that on here, so’let’s please just drop it.

Apart from Darcy thinking all Welshmen sound like Rhod Gilbert. Racist. 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

When’s the Scotterland Argie game then?

This thread is anti-England in mood. There’s no doubt about that. So they’re now my second team. 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Fec off O’Flashearty, that commentator this morning did sound like Rhod Gilbert!! 😡

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Are you sure? It’s best to be sure to be sure….

🙂

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Well A-A did say he loathed England, fine to dislike another team but that sort of comment gets backs up and is completely uncalled for.
    I might dislike the current Irish method of tackling that seems to involve dragging a player around by the neck but it doesn’t make me ‘loathe’ Ireland or the Irish.

Keep it to the sport and all’s fine, don’t let bigotry spoil things.
    Do you really all want to sound like wendyball fans singing stupid songs?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

This thread is anti-England in mood. There’s no doubt about that. So they’re now my second team

If even DD sees it then i’m definitely not imagining it! 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well A-A did say he loathed the England rugby team

FTFY. Now, leave it. Please?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Fair enough, but it can be offensive.

EDIT: England ARE the team in question, i never said he loathed the English.

duckman

DD; Sunday,best watched here;

http://www.speedwell-bar.co.uk

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Its unfortunate that the anti English thing seems to spread to everything English when most of the time its aimed at the English media, not the team.
    I mean what a lot of rubbish that was talked about the English team and them having a bit of relaxation and team bonding. I bet the team hate the media just as much as the scots/welsh/irish.

Said it all in the highlight show were they were looking forward to possible combinations for the 1/4 finals and they couldn’t even bring themselves to imagine that Scotland could beat Argentina let alone England. They had the other home nations in the 1/4 except Scotland, now considering it was a hypothetical scenario then that really speaks volumes

muddydwarf
    Free Member

In all fairness Steve, Scotlands games haven’t exactly shown how they aim to get to the quarters have they? The pundits can only go off the current form and Ireland, Wales and then England have all made a good case for their advancement past the group stages whilst Scotland couldn’t even score a try against Georgia – a team that the allegedly poor and turgid England managed to run 5 tries past this morning.
    I didn’t see any unfairness from the pundits, just a realism about the chances of 3 of the 4 home* Nations.

*I know Ireland aren’t a home Nation in the real sense of the word but for whatever reason they often get lumped together with the other three.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Right then, how about a look at your predictions for winners on current evidence?

Saffers for me. NZ will choke again! I hope….!

Pigface
    Free Member

Dwarf = phlegmspitters comment = racist 😆

The axe wielding shorty has a very selective memory.

I want it on record I loathe the English XV 😆

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I still think Aus can win this, They have the current pedigree not withstanding the Irish result. None of the Northern Hemisphere teams have the firepower or the nous to do it unfortunately.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Pigface – it was and i apologised to you for it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

No hand-wringing from me. Ireland is a home-nation. 🙂

England are amazing. Ashton = gr8 😀

anagallis_arvensis

Well A-A did say he loathed the England rugby team

Did I OK then, however I fail to see why toys is emptying his pram over it. I think the man has issues.

AA spent a year trying to say he was impartial unless England were playing Wales, which I knew was bullshit, and he finally accepted that he is small minded just like the rest of them.

What are you talking about? To be fair this is the team that see Wales as a subordinate smaller brother.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

muddydwarf – Member

EDIT: I just want Scotland to lose to see how TJ will squirm and pretend he never claimed Scotland would top the group…

Where did I say that? 🙂

Georgia / Scotland – well Georgia didn’t manage a try against Scotland and Scotland never looked in trouble even if they didn’t smash ’em. 🙂

Scotland beat a full strength Argentina twice in Argentina. Scotland have bested 3N teams and England in recent years. (well 4 yrs ago for England IIRC)

Semis at best tho for Scotland – the talent is limited. Beat a team above them in the rankings is plausible, doing it the 3 or 4 times needed to win the WC rather is less so.

However the difference between Scotland, Argentina and England is not large. There is nothing for Scotland to fear from either. Respect yes. Fear no. Both games are perfectly winnable.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

Right then, how about a look at your predictions for winners on current evidence?

Saffers for me. NZ will choke again! I hope….!

Still can’t see beyond NZ.

aus – pack too weak – someone will beat them. SA – lack the creativity to score enough tries. England – too poor / slow at the brakdown but probably the best strike runners in the back 3.

England could still come good – the potential is there to win but the selection and coaching is wrong. They look so much better without wilko and tindal. They have such good strike runners in Foden Aston and Armitage (seems to be coming back to form) – just get the ball to them.

Pigface
    Free Member

No worries Dwarfin just like winding up the saes 😆

You did say sorry and that was much appreciated but I still have a small twig to beat you with 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

:mrgreen:

muddydwarf
    Free Member

You did say sorry and that was much appreciated but I still have a small twig to beat you with

It’s not like it needs to be any bigger is it???? 😛

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Can’t see beyond my second team. As of today.

molgrips
    Free Member

I know it must be hard, but just for once, seeing as everyone’s cheered for Wales and Ireland, could the other home nations bury their tiresomely childish hatchet and just be happy that England have actually turned up?

No.

England are rivals. Therefore I want them to lose heavily. The fact that commentators fawn all over them means that whenever they do lose I can’t help smirking 🙂 However – the worst thing I would wish on any Englishman is that their Rugby team gets hammered – no more!

I have to admit though to feeling a bit sorry for them in the early Jonno years – they were that wretched.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

As i said after the Sco/Geor game the weather clearly played a part in the score. And i precicted what would happen after England ran a few trys past them.

4 trys agains Romaina and a very solid forwards game against Georgia i cant really see where the issues are.

Point was it was hypothetical and they still couldnt force themselves to dream that all the home nations would make it through, what can i say.

I for one would love to see all the 6 nations teams geat as far as possible, as long as we beat England in 2 weeks 🙂

Saying that i wouldnt mind losing all games in the WC as long as we bet England in 2 weeks 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

molgrips
    I have to admit though to feeling a bit sorry for them in the early Jonno years – they were that wretched.

Agreed – schadenfreude became tiresome. However Ashton makes it OK to hate them again 😆

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I don’t see Scotland gettin one over on Argentina – although i can see them beating England if England don’t get a grip on the penalty count.
    I still think Englands defence will stop Scotland from scoring IF they can stop giving away penalties, we got away with it today but against a wilier team it will really hurt us.

I feel the same as Molgrips – Wales are the old, old rivals and the misery yrs of the 70’s as Wales ran over us repeatedly mean we will always want them to lose. Doesn’t mean i can’t admire the way they play though and the way the whole Country loves the game.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

muddydwarf – Member

I don’t see Scotland gettin one over on Argentina

why not?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Please note, TJ is not a racist. Often an idiot and blinkered towards Scotchish rugby, but not a racist. 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

why not?

Because they’re rubbish. 🙂

muddydwarf
    Free Member

TJ – i just don’t see it. Scotland don’t look like they can score tries and against Argentina penalties won’t cut it. I know Scotland have beaten them recently but this is the WC and Scotland haven’t really pulled up any trees. Yes, they scored against Romania but you let in 24 points – do that against Argentina and even England and its an early flight home again.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Scotland are now my third team. 🙂

Parkes = gr8

Viewing 40 posts - 1,281 through 1,320 (of 4,700 total)

The topic ‘Rugby world cup’ is closed to new replies.