Viewing 40 posts - 1,441 through 1,480 (of 3,061 total)
  • Rugby Thread 2018/19
  • dantsw13

You can never unsay that 😆

tjagain

Edinburgh beat the kings to go 2nd in their conference while Glasgow lose to Benneton to fall to second. Edinburgh now 3 in a row despite rotation and looking in good form.

Edinburgh away to Toulon next which I really fancy for an away win. comming good at the right time

Any one see the Worcester match? sounds a bit crazy!

mindmap3
    Free Member

Denying that try was a really poor decision. Tigers looked a bit more fluent again and appear to be getting their shit together. Ford had a pretty good game too. Gloucester look rudderless without Cipriani; he makes their attack so much more fluid and accurate.

Exeter were really poor and struggled against Bristol.

I didn’t see the Worcester game but it sounds a bit nuts. Bath ending the game with 11 players on the pitch with 19 minutes of extra time.

TJ – didn’t Edinburgh end up playing kids as well?

tjagain

Indeed they did. A lot of rotation for this game as we have crucial euro cup games coming up. Not necessarily a weakened side but not the first choice . Kings have been pretty dire this season tho.

Edinburgh are getting to the point where they can rotate without being grossly weakened – which is what you need to do well over a season of rugby now

Pigface
    Free Member

Ospreys beat the Blues

To be fair to Glaws they are ravaged by injuries.

anagallis_arvensis

And Scarlets beat Dregs, with Ken Owens at 8!!

Kryton57

Ford had a pretty good game too

As always when going forward…

Cipriani; he makes thier attack so much more fluid and accurate

Eddie, are you listening…

anagallis_arvensis

1/2p to miss start if six nations as still concussed from a “fair charge down”

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The length of time he’s been off, and looks like continuing to be, is deeply worrying. Fingers crossed for him.

Preistland leaving Bath at the end of the season, with lots of rumours linking him to the Scabs.

tjagain

Six nations time approaches. Your predictions and the state of your team?

Please note my record of prediction on here is utter pish thus reverse what I think perhaps?

So Scotland. Injuries are not too much of an issue but still a number of broken centres and Barclay is going to miss some / all the 6N and that will be a huge loss. Edinburgh in good form but Glasgow in a slump ( for them 😉 – only second in their conference and second in their euro cup pool)

Team –
    front row – we now have plenty of internationalists and our first choice front row will stand up to anyone. Nice to see WP coming back to his destructive best. McInally is just getting better and better

Second Row – ickle jonny looks a bit off his best, who partners him is a question with no first rate answers
    Back row – a swathe of good players but no big ball carrier. This cost us in the AIs as with no one to get go forward from the back row carrying then our quick recycling and fast paced game falls apart. Watson is playing really well and will be a pain in the arse to anyone and everyone. Stealing the ball several times per game and tackling like a demon – fantastic stuff considering he would be considered by many small for a back.

Halfbacks – here in lies some fun. Does wee Greig start for his calm head and kicking? or Wee George Horne for his running threat and zip? Russell is obviously no1 at 10 – but his time in France where we hoped he would be taught control and playing the percentages seems not to have worked. He is playing well but even more of a box of frogs than he was. Hastings as sub ? Going thru a loss of form right now and hardly a controlling player either. Weir? again in good form and a more controlling 10 so could be in with a shout. Peter Horne for his versatilely? and he seems to be one of those players who makes others around him play better. Hard to tell what way Tooonie will go.

Centres? Its all about last man standing I think. Hopefully Dunbar is back ‘cos we need him badly. Taylor would be useful but I think still broken? Nick Gregg is playing very well but we really need someone approaching 6’ and more than 13 st dripping wet in the centres – a pairing of P Horne and N Gregg must be the smallest centre pairing in the world in an adult team

Back 3 – here we haver riches. Its all about combinations. Hogg obviously the star and although injured should be back this week or next. Kinghorn a very different 15 but almost an equal attacking threat but not so good in defence. Perhaps he gets a wing spot. Tommy Seymour is what he is – but in good form right now. Maitland ditto and we also have Darcy Graham who is a real attacking threat but another midget although he did get a tackle and steal off a Glasgow forward in the 1872 cup

Scotland could actually put out virtually an entire set of backs who are under 5’10” and 13 stone! Lets milk those high tackle pens boys!

Scotland must be aiming to win 3 games at least but that means winning on the road in France or England or beating Wales which we haven’t done since AA was a boy! but anything less will be a disappointment

1. Dell
    2. McInally
    3. Nel
    4. J.Gray
    5. Gilcrest
    6. Ritchie / wilson
    7. Watson
    8. Ashe
    9. Laidlaw
    10. Russell
    11. Seymour
    12. Johnson / dunbar
    13. Jones
    14. Maitland
    15. Hogg

16. Allan
    17. Ford ( others too broken)
    18. Berghan
    19. Fagerson M
    20. Wilson
    21. Horne / McDowell / graham
    22. Hastings
    23. Kinghorn

Final 6N table
    Ireland
    Wales
    Scotland
    England
    Italy
    France

Others – England – Farrell is now going to be watched for his petulance and high / no arms tackles. 2 yellows at least and they still don’t have a captain or whatever it is who can change tactics on the field. too inflexible slow and ponderous. Jones is a nitwit.
    Wales seem to have injury issues but Gatland always seems to make them more than the sum of their parts but the welsh pro14 and euro form is pure pish
    Ireland – the best in the NH by a long way. Hard to see who can beat them. Grand slam?
    Italy – Pro 14 form is not bad and I think they might surprise a couple of teams
    France – who knows?

Finally – I bet Scotland surprise with some trick plays. Townsend loves a trick play.

anagallis_arvensis

Wales…**** everyone’s broke.

15 Liam
    14 George
    13 Davies
    12 Scott Williams or Parkes
    11 Adams
    10 Anscombe
    9 Tomos Williams ( Davies playing shit)
    8 Dont know Maybe Navidi
    7 Tipuric
    6 Wainwright
    5 AWJ
    4 Beard
    3 Francis
    2 Owens the 8
    1 Rob last man standing Evans

16 Wyn Jones
    17 Dee
    18 Lee
    19 Cory BIL Hill
    20A N Other backrow who is fit
    21 G Davies
    22 Biggar
    23 Amos

tjagain

Wales…**** everyone’s broke.

Does that mean we have a chance AA?

anagallis_arvensis

Always a chance! If we win first up in Paris its all on. Lose and we will struggle same for England in Dublin fisrt week.

5plusn8
    Free Member

I’ll be honest sadly I don’t think Scotland can sustain form, I am honestly expecting them to be 5th or 6th behind England and Italy. Other than that Wales France and Ireland vying for top spot will make things uber interesting, but the Irish will pip it, despite their only losing game to England.

anagallis_arvensis

despite their only losing game to England.

Cant see England winning first up in Dublin but they look to be the second best team imo.

5plusn8
    Free Member

I get you, but I think it will be their only bit of form after the improvement at the end of the autumn, then it will be back downhill again..

5plusn8
    Free Member

England will get beaten by Wales for sure and will struggle like hell against Scotland and Italy. Its only because they are last that we will have a chance of beating them as there will be need to redeem crapness agasint Wales and Ireland… France will depend on which french team turns up..
    Just my opinion, from reading the tea leaves..

5plusn8
    Free Member

Ireland 4 wins. Lose to England by 1 -3 points so Ire get losers BP
    Wales 4 wins. Lose to Ireland.
    France 3 wins. Lose to Ireland and Wales Try BP against Italy and Scotland
    England 3 or 2 wins. Lose to Wales and France, may lose to Scotland, but it will be super close and embarrassing for England.
    Scotland 0 or 1 or 2. May win against Italy, may beat England.
    Italy 0 or 1 wins. May beat Scotland but losers BP to England who struggle to prove they can even beat Italy who will look soooooo close.

anagallis_arvensis

If England beat Ireland away first up Wales wont beat them!.
    Bookies have it Ireland then England then Wales

5plusn8
    Free Member

If England beat Ireland away first up Wales wont beat them!.

Ha ha it is so funny how local confidence varies. See I reckon we will be all nervous about Ireland and play really well. Then be all swagger and cool after beating Ireland away and assume Wales will be a breeze- call it the return of English arrogance. Wales will think, OMG England look awesome, **** it nothing to lose, lets relax and play our best, no stress. Plus its in Wales.

Never discount Wales when they are the underdog, its when they play best, in fact I think Gatland probably tries to undermine everyone else’s opinion of them.
    Also England have to get past France before you lot.

If we get stuffed by Ireland then I would be more confident in beating Wales. But I have a feeling that Ireland will be in for a small disappointment.
    PS bookies want England fans to think that, we have got the biggest population so more people will bet on England coming 1st or 2nd.

tjagain

No one will beat Ireland especially England. 5th place last year for England and they have only got worse since then with still no idea of tactics or team they should be playing

Ireland are clearly the best team in the NH by a long way.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Well I shall be looking forward to coming back here in 9 weeks time to see how our predictions have fared.

tjagain

My record of predictions on here is pretty poor!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Ireland clear favourites….could Grand Slam again

2nd-5th is close……Wales slightly ahead, England/Scotland very close and France could either be good or garbage.

Italy to lose all 5 again, although they may beat France.

Kryton57

Ireland 1st yes but England a clear second easily.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ireland clear favourites….could Grand Slam again

Could?

Should.

tjagain

Really Kryton? What do you base that on?

anagallis_arvensis

Ireland 1st yes but England a clear second easily.

England are away v Ireland and Wales so could find it tough. Wales have a decent set of games if we assume the crap version of France turn up in Paris first week.

Kryton57

Really Kryton? What do you base that on?

Its just my humble opinion that England are a better more experienced team and will want to make a statement. We also have a lot of returning talented players and now an amazing amount of experienced depth.

tjagain

Fair enough

mindmap3
    Free Member

It’s hard to look past Ireland winning (again) this year. A good autumn and good form in Europe for key players means they’ll be full of confidence. I may not enjoy the rugby that they often end up playing but they’re accurate, disciplined, have a quality set piece and are good at the breakdown. There aren’t many holes in their game.

England? God knows. If we play like we did for 40 mins against the AB’s every game then we could have a good tournament. Revert to type and it’ll be another disappointment.

The welsh are mostly broken but they’ll still do Ok.

Scotland will be confident and players seem to generally be in good form.

France I think will spring a surprise or two but will come undone against Ireland.

Italy will prop the table up.

anagallis_arvensis

I may not enjoy the rugby that they often end up playing but they’re accurate, disciplined, have a quality set piece and are good at the breakdown. There aren’t many holes in their game.

Our only hope is that they get bored themselves and try to open up.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Underhill out for the 6N.

A big loss for England, that.

tjagain

Indeed it is CFH – but would he have been picked? JOnes seems allergic to playing a ball stealer

Kryton57

Underhill out for the 6N.

A big loss for England, that.

Although Tom Curry is playing well, and suddenly we have a glut of locks & back row forwards again. Underhill has one excellent game, I’d have loved to see if he could repeat that through the 6N.

Cips back playing this weekend as well, just sayin’

anagallis_arvensis

JOnes seems allergic to playing a ball stealer

Underhill isnt a jackler, he’s a typical English 6.5. Bloody good one but winning turnovers is his weakness. Tackles like a bulldozer and built like a rhino.

tjagain

I thought that was him that was their only jackler – who am I confusing him with? England need a jackler!

mindmap3
    Free Member

Shame about Underhill after a very good autumn.

As for replacements, Curry is going well and Kvesic has had a good season but plays for the wrong club.

Sobering night for Gloucester who got dicked by Munster. Cipriani outplayed by young Carbery.

Bear
    Free Member

Underhill is an immense talent and if he keeps fit will be one of the best England has produced.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

one of the best England Ospreylia has produced.

FTFY.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,441 through 1,480 (of 3,061 total)

The topic ‘Rugby Thread 2018/19’ is closed to new replies.