Viewing 40 posts - 3,721 through 3,760 (of 4,076 total)
  • Rugby Thread 2017/18.
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Since  Tandy left they have been better. Look forward to seeing North at the Liberty.

anagallis_arvensis

Tandy left they have been better.

Not saying much! The lack a decent new coach speaks volumes. I fear they are going thecway of the dregs.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Really enjoyed the Tigers Falcons game last night. Good performances from Wilson and Graham again, especially after loosing three key players in the first half.

Worcester gave Donnacha O’Callaghan a winning send off putting seven tries past Quinns and relegating Irish in the process.

Everyones favourite England captain won’t go on the SA tour due to concussion issues. Surely this has got to be on his mind given the amount of time he’s missed in the last few seasons due to concussion issues.

tjagain

Went to the 1872 cup match last night – Glasgow V Edinburgh.  Good win for Edinburgh

Who would have thought at the beginning of this season that we would have two teams in the european cup, two teams in the playoffs and the two scots teams would have won the most games this season – 15 each

I would like cockers to get coach of the year.  for me the mark  of a good coach is not so much the results as what he has added ie how much the team improve and with basically the same squad Edinburgh have gone from no hopers propping up the pile to challenging for the top.

Its more than a bit odd as a Scotland rugby fan to reach the end of the season thinking ” that went pretty well”

Pigface
    Free Member

Ospreys get it done at Judgement Day 👍

Stoner
    Free Member

Wuss (36pts) shoeing of Quins (36pts) puts them in the amazing position of possibly ending 9th in the table this year. Heady heights indeed! 😀

Last match is away at a weak Saints (36pts)  and Quins are home to Exeter which is not going to go well for them the way they’re playing ATM

Bath were not even v good yesterday but made Glos look even worse. Ewels was looking excellent though until his ankle turn.

tjagain

Stoner – is Wuss your team?  you are getting a top rate scottish international 10 next year from us ( 😉 ).  The man with no neck – Dunky “meatball” Weir.  Can you please give him his confidence back?

Stoner
    Free Member

yes, for our sins, family Stoner are wusses.

anagallis_arvensis

Hidalgo-Clyne to Scarlets next season

mindmap3
    Free Member

Sale have reportedly signed Jackson and Olding next season on the cheap.

Lots of rumours about Cips heading to Bath next season despite the FH’s on the books. Toby Booth is saying it’s a no but it would fit in with the rumours about Craig having too much say in recruiting big names rather than a team.

Bear
    Free Member

Mindmap – have you got a link to Toby Booths comment?

onehundredthidiot

Watching bath from the weekend is it a tactic of theirs to flick the ball out of the tackled players hands on the ground thereby disrupting the 9s pass. Seems to happen a lot if they can’t get the turn over suddenly the ball shoots out.

Tom-B
    Free Member

As a Sale fan, I can’t say that I’m overly thrilled at signing both Jackson and Olding…..although I’ve read elsewhere that Olding is still considering his options. Our PR department (which is useless most of the time) is in for a busy summer….

mindmap3
    Free Member

Sale have issued a statement to say that they’re not signing either of them following the rumours; apparently some of the season ticket holders kicked off.

Bear – can’t find the article now. Thought it was on the Telegraph but can’t find it now.

Similar comments here;

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/other-sport/bath-rugby-wont-signing-danny-1522554

It was on the BT Sports coverage that it was hinted that Craig has a lot of control over the signings.

And Billy might be broken….again! Jesus, poor bugger.

IdleJon

I’m being thick here obviously. Two Pro14 quarter finals are on today, but there seems no evidence of another two, or indeed any semifinals. Either these are just play-offs or semi-finals – they can’t be quarters without another four teams. Am I missing something?

wrecker
    Free Member

Army vs Navy today. Alas I am not going which is a blessing really, it leaves me written off for a week.

loum
    Free Member

Quarters are second v thirds

Winners play first place, reward was effectively a bye and a home semi for Leinster and Glasgow

anagallis_arvensis

Edinburgh Munster was one for the purists!!

anagallis_arvensis

Scarlets enjoying the sun!

tjagain

What do you mean AA?.  A decent game I thought

If you had told me we would get into the playoffs at the beginning of the season I would have taken that.  Munster just to strong, Edinburgh too many mistakes,  Still we are in Europe and players are coming back from injury.  a SH and back up 10 away from a decent side

anagallis_arvensis

Last home games for S Williams, Barclay and Beirne. Scarlets will really miss Bierne best performing lock in Pro14 this season. Awesome player, wonder how he will adapt to cheating anti rugby😉!!  Williams must be gutted leaving Scarlets to go to Ospreys.

IdleJon

Williams must be gutted leaving Scarlets to go to Ospreys.

He won’t know what’s hit him, the bright lights of Swansea, paved in gold. The culture and learning. The laverbread and cockles. Ahhhh, Swansea!

anagallis_arvensis

He’ll have to learn to eat cockles, not babies!!

mindmap3
    Free Member

Cipriani is back in the England squad for teh SA tour – his form has been good so he deserves a shot. Itoje and Mako are in the squad too despite needing a rest – especially Mako who looks shagged. A few new faces have made it in though – Nathan Earle (not sure why Jones likes him), Dan Robson, Ben Spencer, Cameron Redpath, Ben Earl, Jonny Hill, Brad Shields and Jack Willis.

Willis has looked bloody good for Wasps, but he’s still not a true seven.

ElVino

Also very interested in seeing how Bierne does at Munster. I seem to remember Robin Copeland tearing up trees at Blues before his move to Munster and never reaching those heights again. Saying that Copeland has been in good form since his move to Connaught was confirmed.

anagallis_arvensis

Copeland isnt even close to being comparable to Beirne.

IdleJon

Ten points given to Glos with no reference to a TMO when a try came from a knock forward by the Glos 9 – 7 points – and a penalty from Glos handling on the floor. Well done Jerome!

I didn’t realise that Jason Woodward had decided he was English as well as Brad Shields. Will there be anyone in the English team who knows anything about the country other than Heathrow’s arrival gate?

loum
    Free Member

Cracking game out in Bilbao last night. Gotta feel for Glos  but great result for blues. Real shame about the empty stadium though.

Don’t think today’s atmosphere will be quite as quiet 😀

Some players on that Racing team, and bench.

Most happy they’ve left Imhoff out ‘cos he always scores against Irish teams. But teddy Tomas and Vakatawa will take some stopping. And nakawara and Ryan.

If Leinster can keep them out for the first 20 they’ve a good chance.

Would take another 84 minute  drop goal

And thanks Isa

IdleJon

Cracking game out in Bilbao last night.

I had to rewind the last ten minutes to watch it again, it was that good.

mikey3
    Free Member

Being welsh it was good to see a welsh team win a cup but they were lucky the ref didn’t use the TMO more,14 point swing right there.

anagallis_arvensis

Congrats to Leinster obviously any win in a final is a great win but I couldnt watch it as a neutral dull as hell.

Pigface
    Free Member

One right result one wrong result for me in Bilbao, strange place to hold the finals.

i know one couple who took the ferry to Bilbao, she partied hard he had seasickness the whole time on the boat.

IdleJon

Congrats to Leinster obviously any win in a final is a great win but I couldnt watch it as a neutral dull as hell.

Its a win for negative rugby.

How many high tackles does Wayne Barnes think acceptable before he gives a warning? (Slipping up from the shoulder to neck isn’t an excuse.)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Its a win for negative rugby.

Been a tough year for you guys.

anagallis_arvensis

Leinster used to be a great team to watch now they are very tough to watch as a neutral. Obviously that English coaches fault!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cipriani to Glawwwwwwwster.

Didn’t see that coming.

mindmap3
    Free Member

And Brand H to Northampton.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Cipriani to Glawwwwwwwster.

Didn’t see that coming.

Well they’re in the Champions Cup and looking better under Ackermann – plus he needs to stay in England so it’s a match made in heaven.

I think Racing92 and Stade Francais were in the mix if he hadn’t made the England squad.

anagallis_arvensis

New Moldovan prop to Ospreys as Ahip leaves..will they have a shirt big enough!!

IdleJon

New Moldovan pro

He’ll fit in well with the fast moving, Super Rugby style they want to develop!

Viewing 40 posts - 3,721 through 3,760 (of 4,076 total)

The topic ‘Rugby Thread 2017/18.’ is closed to new replies.