Viewing 40 posts - 3,681 through 3,720 (of 4,076 total)
  • Rugby Thread 2017/18.
  • mindmap3
    Free Member

Enjoying the Falcons Sale game; Falcons have been pretty damn good 25 nil up after 30 mins and have missed three conversions. Richards has been doing some good stuff. Gary Graham is having a cracking game; big tackles, lots of metres made, good link play and a try.

Sarries continue to flog Mako; under the agreement about player welfare, he should be due a rest weekend having played four consecutive weeks. Instead he’s picked against Bath.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Good couple of games for Munster in SA so far. With their 85 travelling fans.

Murray’s kick to take them 19-17 ahead (final score). He’s got skillz.

anagallis_arvensis

Osprey finally manage to gift wrap a run in for Ulster. Maybe Ulster should have let Ospreys have more ball as it was their only chance of getting a try. Both teams almost comically bad!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Stockdale again. 🙂

mindmap3
    Free Member

Just seen the score AA; sounds like a cracking game…😴

Grahamis going to get cited for punching Ben Curry twice in the head. Certainly got a bit feisty at times.

duckman

That must have been some half time talk by Diamond! How improved are Newcastle though? If you look at Worcester, there was always much of a muchess between them and Newcastle. Newcastle actually look like a team now. In other news, Ulster have sacked Jackson and Stockdale.

anagallis_arvensis

Ulster have sacked Jackson and Stockdale.

Bit harsh on Stockdale!!!

I presume you mean Olding? If so, good.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Duckman – Richards and Walder have been doing some good stuff up there and are playing a good brand of rugby. Diamond said in the first half at 25 points down that maybe it was time for him to put his boots on. He’s been doing good stuff on a limited budget (compared to Bath, Wasps, Tigers, Sarries etc). It’s a shame they’re loosing Haley to Munster, but the lure of international rugby has swung it.

Kryton57

Not sure if people are aware but – PSA – Leicester V Northants is on Channel 5 today for the cheapskates amongst us.

IdleJon

Just seen the score AA; sounds like a cracking game…😴

It should have been 3-0 without the gifted interception in the last 10 seconds and would genuinely have been the best 3-0 game I’ve ever seen. Both teams’ defences were brutal and effective. Neither side managed to put together much of an attack but that was because the defence was so tight. I love flowing, running rugby but this was enthralling.

tjagain

Edinburgh rather cruel to a bunch of welsh kids 😉  52 : 14

Kryton57

That Leicester Saints game was good – Genge obviously wants his place back!

theotherjonv

Just seen the CWG womens 7’s finals, not sure if this belongs on here but anyone that doesn’t think women’s sport is worth watching…..

OK, at times it looked like they couldn’t catch a cold but if sport is about endeavour and excitement it’s the best I’ve seen in in a long time.

anagallis_arvensis

7’s leaves me cold I’m afraid.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yeah, me too. I do give it a try every so often, both the women’s and men’s games but I can’t be doing with it.

Good win for Benetton Treviso yesterday – they were applauded off the pitch by Leinster fans, fair dues to both.

tjagain

I enjoy sevens.  A day at the melrose sevens is great fun and it also allows you to play a whole tournament in a short time so good for Olympics and commonwealth games

mindmap3
    Free Member

Good win for the Saints at Welford Road this weekend – Ford needs a rest / time to find his form because he was pretty poor. Hopefully he won’t be taken on the SA tour. There was actually some rugby played rather than people just fighting!

Exeter booked their home semi slot with a solid win over Irish. Sarries will be there and then it’s a fight for the other two spots. Wasps have a soft underbelly which will be their downfall. I’d like to see Newcastle make it.

Spud

Tigers v Saints was a good game, Welford Road was packed and after the past 5 games was hoping for more of the same. Tigers’ decision making and execution let them down. Youngs’ throw-ins weren’t great at all and shipped points. Ford likewise, in the latter part of the game, I can see why he might have been wanting to kick the points but a man up and inside the Saints 22 the corner should have been the option and muscle it over. Anyway, two critical games now but not sure I fancy our chances to win them with an excellent Newcastle and a tough Sale.

mindmap3
    Free Member

The line out for both sides was pretty bad, but Youngs seemed to really ahve ‘one of those days’. Genge had a pretty good game for the Tigers – if he can tame his desire to try and smash people he’d be a lot more effective in the loose.

Hell of a result for Benetton too, beating Leinster at home. The Italiam teams seem to have improved a lot this season.

tinybits
    Free Member

Sadly Youngs lineouts this season have been utter bilge. I know he’s got a lot on his mind with his wife, but how he’s still captain and first choice I’ll never know. After missing (I think) 3 lineouts that were really crucial, there’s no way that Ford should have gone for the corner in the latter stages, it simply had too high a chance of failure. Loving Genge however, he’s an angry, angry man!

Exeter / Saracens / Wasps +1 for the playoffs. If it’s not Exeter Saracens final then there’s no justice. They are simply better than the others.

duckman

Bristol Bears eh???

IdleJon

I had a conversation in work yesterday about the Bristol Bears rebranding. I don’t know whether it’s true but was told that they hadn’t checked to see if the obvious URLs were available – they aren’t apparently – and also the Bristol Bears is the name of an existing gay club.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

There is a gay pub called Bristol Bear Bar.

Ooooh, titter, titter.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oops, Spain. 😮

wrecker
    Free Member

There is a gay pub called Bristol Bear Bar.

Got any plans for friday night darce? Raaaaaar.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ve had a back wax wrecker so looks like you’re the 🐻 this week. 😬

wrecker
    Free Member

I’ll tape some merkins on and we’re good to go.

duckman

This thread has gone a bit Grindr. Back to rugby 😀Ashley Johnston on the naughty step for taking slimming pills..thats the front row Ashley Johnston.

IdleJon

Ashley Johnston on the naughty step for taking slimming pills..thats the front row Ashley Johnston.

Looking lean must be the new thing in rugby. 😁

Owen Watkins (Ospreys) was told recently that he needs to lose some weight. (His mum was slightly miffed because she cooks all his meals.)

anagallis_arvensis

Scarlets got a big ask today. Leinster team is very very strong. Only two backs on the bench for Scarlets. Any back 3 injury to be covered by Cubby. Hope he doesnt get injured then!!

anagallis_arvensis

Crackin win for Blues over Pau!

Caher

Scarletts seem to be having the best of the opening exchanges  from what I can see on my juddering Chromcast enabled nowtv picture.

anagallis_arvensis

Leinster far too good so far.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Bonus point for Leinster.

anagallis_arvensis

Funny really, only Scarlets player that competed and looked good was also an ex Leinster player!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Only listened on radio, and to be honest, it sounded like Scarlets didn’t quite turn up today, although going by Leinsyter’s performance, it wouldn’t have mattered if they had. Given Scarlets’ start in the pool stages, they’ve done very well to make a semi and against the other two teams, and maybe with a “home-neutral” venue, they could be contesting a final. IMO, they came up against the best club side in Europe today and when Leinster are on fire, they’re almost unstoppable in the cup.

I fear tomorrow’s game is already a play-off for a runners-up medal. 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

Nothing went right for Scarlets but it was because Leinster creamed them with their big carriers and were soooo precise at the breakdown.

kilo

Premier Icon
    IdleJon

Subscriber
    Ashley Johnston on the naughty step for taking slimming pills..thats the front row Ashley Johnston.

Looking lean must be the new thing in rugby.

Diuretics as as a masking agent isn’t a new thing though.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Shame to hear that Horne has ben forced to retire after the injury he sustained against Tigers last week.

Didn’t catch any of the rugby this weekend – sun shine and dry trails meant that bike riding happened instead. Newcastle’s season suffered a bit of a wobble getting booted out of Europe against Gloucester.

anagallis_arvensis

North to Ospreys, poor ****.

Allen to be coach permanently, obviously no one else to do it!

Viewing 40 posts - 3,681 through 3,720 (of 4,076 total)

The topic ‘Rugby Thread 2017/18.’ is closed to new replies.