Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 4,076 total)
  • Rugby Thread 2017/18.
  • anagallis_arvensis

Good win for Ulster got to feel Scarlets should have done better though.

anagallis_arvensis

Treviso beat Edinburgh away put TJ on suicide watch!

tjagain

FFS. I hate being an Edinburgh fan!

*sulks*

tjagain

Look out for exploding Cockerills!

apparently 4 scrum pens in the last 5 mins on the treviso line ending up with a sinbinned prop and uncontested scrums with Treviso with 13 players and we still couldn’t score

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

#SafeSpaceforTJ

tjagain

*boots kittens over crossbar* 12 pts please!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Am so glad you’re back in the rugby thread, TJ. Not just for moments like this, I hasten to add!

😀

tjagain

Ta CFH – its one of the main things I missed.

Treviso have been looking OK the first couple of games and will beat better sides than Edinburgh this season would be my bet. I had really hoped tho that the first couple of games showed a bit of a renewal in the Edinburgh ranks but from reading comments elsewhere it would seem we had no control all match. Dunno what happened with that final run of scrums tho.

wrecker
    Free Member

Teams have setbacks. It’s early in the season, don’t pass judgement just yet!
    Quins were crestfallen and resigned to relegation after their loss to the not nots, they’re looking OK now. Saints got SPANKED by Sarries, they have now beaten Tigers and Bath.
    It’s a long season. Lots can change.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Have Treviso ever won an away game other than Zebre before?

So so glad that I went to watch Sale last Friday and not tonight 🙄

Good win for Northampton over Bath, AP is shaping up to be an incredible season.

tjagain

Tom – I think they have beaten Edinburgh away before. Thats the 6th time Treviso have beaten Edinburgh

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Thats the 6th time Treviso have beaten Edinburgh

Sorry.

(Not sorry!)

Tom-B
    Free Member

😆

tjagain

I’ll remember this you two. See when the MFLs ( metrosexual festival luvvies) beat your team I shall remind you of this

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Was at the Sale game last night, was also there last week.
    I’m amazed at how much difference a week makes, like two completely different teams.
    Last week Newcastle came to play an extremely negative game & were highly effective at it, shutting Sale down.
    Last night Irish came to play rugby which allowed Sale to do the same.
    Irish came very close to scoring on several occasions, certainly see how they beat Quins on the opening day.
    In fact, my only complaint about the evening was the young & inexperienced bar staff who gave me cooking lager instead of the cider I ordered!

mindmap3
    Free Member

Thought Underhill looked pretty good for Barf last night; certainly put himself about in the tackle area.

Lakes looks pretty good again last night.

wrecker
    Free Member

Jesus H Christ. Not a good day to be a boks fan.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Just watched the ABs absolutely muller the Springboks 57-0.

First full 80 minute performance they’ve put together for a while. Helped by the Boks’ lineout totally imploding and poor Raymond Rhule tackling like a revolving door. If ever there was a player picked due to Transformation it is surely he – whilst the very excellent (and very white) Ruan Combrinck languishes at home.

The Barrett/Milner-Skudder try was totally outlandish and Scott Barrett put in a great shift at No6 but as a team they were ruthless. The last 20 minutes was an exhibition of handling skills.

“Smart people against big oafs” was the Bobby Skinstad verdict.

Reports of the Boks’ revival have been greatly exaggerated.

surfer
    Free Member

MD the real ale in the tent was quite good. I thought the win was as much to with getting our lineout (nearly) right with the return of Bryn (Wayne Barnes made a joke about how quick he is after his run to the line!!) the amount of ball that our wingers got (even Charnley looked dangerous!) and the fact that Newcastle are simply a better team.
    No doubt Sale will move slowly into the middle of the table but that top 4 still looks a long way off.

gordimhor

Just when I thought the Edinburgh performance was poor along come the Boks

tjagain

Its that supposed to help?

*still sulking*

IdleJon

Maybe they could play against each other. Edinburgh might win! 😆

gordimhor

Don’t blame me tjagain I’m waiting for Ballachulish to win a shinty match

tjagain

🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

and the fact that Newcastle are simply a better team.

I didn’t think they were actually. I think they are getting too much credit due to the result. Sale were more threatening, but they didn’t play it quite safe enough given the conditions. Newcastle box kicked the shit out the ball all night and Sale just lacked that final 5% IMHO. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Sale do OK this year. Wuss on the other hand…….I hope they get a win soon otherwise it will be very hard to change the habit they seem to have.
    Saints revived, very pleased for Jim M, he (along with Baxter) are the two AP coaches who seem to have the most integrity.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Always some interesting comments here….I was at Sale last Friday….I too thought Sale were by far the better team but just lacked that killer instinct.

I was also sat by the Saints try line first half of the opening game of the season 😯 crazy stuff. After that game everyone online seemed to be predicting that this would be Jim M’s final season…. incredible turn around from them in the last two games, they’ve looked very good.

Wuss look most likely to struggle of anyone I’ve seen this year….and I’ve thought that Leicester have looked pretty poor too!

anagallis_arvensis

Thought Underhill looked pretty good for Barf last night; certainly put himself about in the tackle area.

Pleased to hear it, he’s a big lad aint he!!

tjagain

Especially considering he is a hobbit

Bear
    Free Member

Stood next to Underhill last night, he is indeed made of something else other than flesh and blood. An impressive specimen was one of the few good things from Bath last night, the other being Faleteau who is also extraordinary.

anagallis_arvensis

the other being Faleteau who is also extraordinary.

He’s got to be one of the best players in these islands.

Bear
    Free Member

Having watched him quite closely for bath a fair bit he’s phenomenal, a real priveldge to watch and by all accounts a nice bloke.

Pigface
    Free Member

Holy cow, were NZ brilliant or were the Boks awful? That is a thumping.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

were NZ brilliant or were the Boks awful?

Bit of both really. SA probably had more possession and territory (didn’t see the stats) but the ABs took every opportunity quite brilliantly.

It’s bad for rugby. The Boks have usually been in the top three or four in the world over the last 20yrs, won the RWC twice and always presented a unique challenge. In the last RWC they came closest to beating the ABs in the semi final and that was only 2 yrs ago.

Now with Transformation and the player drain to Europe they’re struggling. Really struggling.

duckman

Poetic justice, I am sure AA will be even handed in condemning the ref in the Cardiff/Glasgow game. He was such an equaliser that Glasgow nearly lost to a Welsh team.

gordimhor

Meh Too many mistakes from Glasgow in the first half. They need to improve but there are better players to come in.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Now with Transformation and the player drain to Europe they’re struggling. Really struggling.

No such thing as positive discrimination plus getting politics involbed in sport is never a good thing. I am certain the player drain is related to the selection policy. Agreed it’s tough to see as the Boks have given so much since their return to International rugby. 57-0 🙁

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Watching it now. Boks good for first 10 – now quick tap and try. I guess here we go …..

And then the interception !!!!

namastebuzz
    Free Member

I am certain the player drain is related to the selection policy.

Indeed Jamba, it is. Apparently it’s killing domestic cricket in SA too.

Look at all the Saffas qualifying for other countries by residence. It used to be older players going overseas nearer the end of their careers. Now it’s younger players who’ve barely played Super Rugby yet drifting to Europe and ending up in the 6N.

wrecker
    Free Member

Absolutely. They are reaping what they have sewn. I said a while ago that if I were a talented young (white) saffa, I’d be heading off to europe as soon as I could secure a decent contract and hope that I could qualify for another country. It wasn’t a popular opinion, but it’s exactly what is happening and I can’t blame them at all.
    The boks are still 3rd in the rankings, and wins over the (awful, and in even more disarray) argentinians will flatter their position but it will fall and it will fall sharply. To my mind they aren’t as good as any of the home nations at present.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 4,076 total)

The topic ‘Rugby Thread 2017/18.’ is closed to new replies.