Viewing 40 posts - 1,921 through 1,960 (of 2,888 total)
  • Rugby – 6 nations.
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😀

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

glitchybump

anagallis_arvensis

Keet Earls bought that yellow and the dumb touch judge took it. Evans doesnt have to get out of his way or let him take the shortest route. Wendyballesque.

bawbag
    Free Member

I don’t think that sacking Robinson would be the answer. The problems are deeper than that, we just don’t have the players or at least the mentality to win.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

We do have the players to be a lot better than this and if the team are not mentally prepared right then its the coaches fault.

We have better players both than 5 years ago but still don’t win games

loum
    Free Member

What a good game.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy 🙂

edit. and all the best to Jones. hope he’s ok

Bear
    Free Member

It was a yellow card because the ref showed one.

It was cynical, ok so he might not needed to have gone down, but he still made contact and had a little pull which suggests his intention was to halt his progress. He can have no complaints.

bawbag
    Free Member

Play acting has no place in rugby and it was embarrassing for Ireland.

bawbag
    Free Member

Andy Robinson is not at ease in front of the camera.

anagallis_arvensis

Is the flying headbut a citing offence?

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Might be worth a look for sure.

Bear
    Free Member

Correct play acting has no part in rugby, but nor do cynical fouls, draw the line somewhere?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis – Member

Is the flying headbut a citing offence?

Who on who?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Bear – Member

Correct play acting has no part in rugby, but nor do cynical fouls, draw the line somewhere?

Mockery has to be the weapon – from the fans and other players

Bear
    Free Member

yup so card cynical fouls boo play acting, TJ agreed?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I think the pundits got it correct – combination of (slight) foul play and legit contact with ankles/feet. Unfortunate with the latter, but ref probably got the first correct. But a marginal call.

I used to feel sorry for Scotland due my educational allegiance, but frankly three people make feel the complete opposite these days – Andy Robinson (because its so funny to see him wound up), Andy Nicol (because of his absurd over-optimism and inability to accept that Scotland are simple not good enough) and the plod of a prop AJ (who’s main contribution seems to be stand in the way on the edge of mauls and otherwise be little more than a nuisance/puffed up hard man).

One outstanding player – Gray. Two good players – Denton and Ford. Any others get a look in for Lions even as subs? So let’s be realistic – they punched above their wait in some games and were unlucky at times. But otherwise simply not good enough at the moment. Most of us love an underdog, so lets get back to Patterson and Nicol calling it as it is, instead of spinning fairy tales.

Hmm….interesting call on irish 2nd row now!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Bear – Member

yup so card cynical fouls boo play acting, TJ agreed?

Yup.
    teh comentators should highlight it and scorn as well.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Any others get a look in for Lions even as subs?

Ford has to be in the team I would have said. Ford and Gray the only two in the team for sure with the various back row fighting for a place

There are a few who could grab a place between now and then but you would be hard pushed to say there should be any others on the plane. Hogg is good but Kearney has looked absolutely top class so no vacancy at full back.

Ten is still up for grabs – no 10 has shone so far in the 6N Sexton maybe the best of the bunch. Farrell could get his nose in with a good display tomorrow. Preistland not looking great.

Scamper
    Free Member

I’d like to see Grey and Charteris on Tour.

Still not too late for Ladyboy to claim the number ten shirt 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Girafferis certainly made an impact when he came on.

Pigface
    Free Member

Two predictions right 🙂 Any Welsh person who experienced the 90’s with Welsh rugby can sympathise with Scotland, just have to grit your teeth and believe it will get better, never stop supporting your boys.

loum
    Free Member

Hmm….interesting call on irish 2nd row now

Nice to have the two best locks, when POC’s fit again. Ryan demonstrated just why he’s first choice at Munster now , and should have played a lot more in this tournament. Gray impressed, but was a definite second best today.
    MOTM for me though was Healy. Tackles like a back row, carries like a centre, side-steps like Billy Whizz 😆
    Won his first scrum battle, then beat Murray too. I’m a big fan, but even I’ve been surprised how much better he’s getting at the scrum.
    Best had his best game too, bar a couple of darts.
    One worry was that Scotland’s try was so similar to France’s, with Kearney coming across looking like he had loads of time but not getting a hand to him. But he was good on the counter.

Good to see both sides go out and try to play good rugby.

anagallis_arvensis

Grey and girrafe boy too similar and both front jumpers. Grey needs a big ugly **** to do the grunt work. Shame Bradley Davis got banned as he fits the bill. Ryan ( the one he tossed) looked good today.

Kearney playing his way out of my dream lions 15. Run over several times v wales, eazily outpaced by Fofana and missed Grey today. Poor imo. Not sure he would be best placed against aus who will run at him and be stupid enough to pepper himwith high balls.

anagallis_arvensis

Healey still gets bent in half everytime he comes up against Adam though

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And he runs in to players when a country mile offside.

Bear
    Free Member

AA give it a rest you are getting boring.

in the game that Wales apparently murdered England at scrum time there were 3 scrums in the whole game, none of which were lost according to the stats from Accenture on the BBC web site.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Does Healey play for England now? 😕

loum
    Free Member

I put a player forward for my Man of the match, and a-a counters with a player from a different match. That’s gotta win the “Cyclop’s of the day” post, even though I’ve already compared a prop to Billy Whizz 😉
    And its nonsense anyway, Stats from the last Ireland Wales game:
    Set pieces
    3 won, 1 lost (75.0%) Scrums on own feed 3 won, 1 lost (75.0%)
    5 won, 0 lost (100.0%) Lineouts on own throw 10 won, 4 lost (71.4%)

And he runs in to players when a country mile of side.
    Very true. If you’re gonna have a player offside its worth getting a front row there. Further to run round. Sean Fitzpatrick perfected it first.
    He excels at getting in the way, like his little block for Best’s try 😉

loum
    Free Member

Your point about Kearney may be valid. I wasn’t happy with the way those trys have been run in. From recent games, Halfpenney would have got his head in the way.

Scamper
    Free Member

“Healey still gets bent in half everytime he comes up against Adam though” is my second favourite quote of the weekend behind Gerald Davies which was along the lines of, “even when we were beating England their scrum was good. Against Wales two weeks ago their scrum was shunted backwards twice in the opening passages. This has not happened before in modern times” 😆

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I didn’t think Kearney was to blame for the Scotland try it was a 2 on 1 on him – international players should always score then and he is not the only player to have bought a dummy off Gray. 🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

Kearney is the best full back out of the current home nations by a considerable distance IMO. I do think he bought that dummy a bit Too easily though and I don’t blame him. Grey is a monster! He impressed me no end today as did Denton.
    I ended the game really feeling for the scots (and I have Irish blood!), I think that they do have the players to be a good team. I’m not sure if it’s the management or just the mentality but they always seem to lack that final 10-15% to turn play into points.

anagallis_arvensis

in the game that Wales apparentn ly murdered England at scrum time there were 3 scrums in the whole game, none of which were lost according to the stats from Accenture on the BBC web site.

Well all i can say is that must not include the scrums that ended in pens rather than being completed or its just plain wrong. Did you even watch the game ffs. First three scrums in the second half ended in pens to wales. As said at the time it was suprising how dominant wales were and it was why england when the got pens at the end kicked for the corners when the lineout isnt as good an attacking option. A few englanders her could do with openning the other eye.
    As far as Healy goes i was simply making the point that he is not yet world class. Be intresting to see if he can better gethin on the next lions tour. If he continues to improve he may well but he was only propping against Cross and a player trying to imitate Murray.

anagallis_arvensis

anway here’s some links for fans of the scrummage:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2Fl0X3g-TQ

anagallis_arvensis

Kearney is the best full back out of the current home nations by a considerable distance

I would agree but worry about how he’ll cope with the aussie runners. I think Foden if he finds form could be better. 1/2p still looks like a winger playing fullback imo.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Right then, predictions for today?

Punchy Guscott has this to say;

It might be a false dawn, but I was impressed by England against Wales and I think they’re so close to delivering.
    It is going to be harder against France, though, because they are a bit more physical than the Welsh, particularly up front – the English pack is going to get a real examination from the French eight.
    The question is whether the Corbisiero/Hartley/Cole front row is hard enough to withstand the battering they will get from the hard-nut French trio confronting them.
    If they crack there’s no way back for England and they will get stuffed.
    I don’t think that will happen and if they do hold the powerful French in the scrum, which is the first line of defence, I believe England will win.

I disagree with him on the very last point. I think that the English front row is no match for the quality, not to mention depth of quality, in the French front row. Ditto the second row. And the back row.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I do not see England scoring enough to b3eat France. France will score – and england have not really looked like they have the cutting edge to outscore them

France comfortable win

gwaelod
    Free Member

Keet Earls thing

it was a yellow, but the ref should have then reversed the pen.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Oh FFS – looks like Lineen is getting sacked from Glasgow and Townsend being parachuted in – might mean Lineen is being lined up for the Scotland job.

wrecker
    Free Member

englanders her could do with openning the other eye

You Must have been giggling to yourself when you wrote that. Go on, admit it.
    No idea who will win this one. A novice side (missing a few of their better players) vs a flaky one.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,921 through 1,960 (of 2,888 total)

The topic ‘Rugby – 6 nations.’ is closed to new replies.