Viewing 40 posts - 1,961 through 2,000 (of 2,888 total)
  • Rugby – 6 nations.
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Right, neck on the line time…All predictions to be in at least 15mins before kick off (To deny any sneaky edits!)

For me, France by 8-12 points.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Glitch? What glitch? 😉

brakes
    Free Member

I’ll let my heart rule my head and say England by a nose.
    England 18 – France 15.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

France by ten.

bruk

France by 10-15.

Rolland to make a couple of iffy decisions so there can be what ifs afterwards.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Hartly to get pinged for standing up in the scrum, England a yellow card for persistent offside / breakdown infringements

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Rolland to make a couple of iffy decisions so there can be what ifs lots of whining that “it was a try! No, it WAS A TRY! THE VIDEO REF ROBBED US, IT WAS A TRY! SHOULD HAVE PLAYED THE ADVANTAGE LONGER. IT WAS A TRY GODDAMMIT!” and “Oh, if only Jonny was still playing” afterwards.

😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

double post glitch.

brakes
    Free Member

“it was a try! No, it WAS A TRY! THE VIDEO REF ROBBED US, IT WAS A TRY! SHOULD HAVE PLAYED THE ADVANTAGE LONGER. IT WAS A TRY GODDAMMIT!”

but it was a try 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Brakes,

🙂

anagallis_arvensis

englanders her could do with openning the other eye

You Must have been giggling to yourself when you wrote that. Go on, admit it.

I was, 😆 but my point was about the bloke who thinks there were only three scrums in the England Wales game and England were not shoved backwards a suprising amount and gave away loads of pens (mostly for the 9 being offside).

Looking forward to today’s game after the 1 shit and one decent game yesterday. My prediction is that France will take england apart up front and win by 12. The back back 5’s of each pack look like complete missmatches to me. Having said that I dont think Fofana looks the best defender if England can get Tuilagi or Morgan down his channel regularly it could be intresting.

Kryton57

England by “some” if they get behind the french in the first 15. Otherwise a dull, mistake ridden (by both side) game leading to a fortuitus win by France.

brakes
    Free Member

France will take england apart up front and win by 12

even if they don’t take them apart, you’ll say they did anyway

anagallis_arvensis

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqpl4imtqp0[/video]

just to fuel the pre match debate, my eye still cant see how this was a yellow, he clearly went for and got his hand to the ball.

love the tag line though

Midget scumbag leek muncher takes Argie out in the air

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Errmm- took a man out in the air. Didn’t get off the ground hrdly, didn’t really go for the ball

anagallis_arvensis

France will take england apart up front and win by 12

even if they don’t take them apart, you’ll say they did anyway

happy to say when I’m proved wrong, like with farrel pre the England Wales game, but the welsh 8 were certainly in the ascendency in most aspect v england (lineout was better for england). Look at what the welsh pack did when Priestland was binned. The current England pack as a whole is not fit to fill the shirts of some of its previous incumbants.

anagallis_arvensis

didn’t really go for the ball

look at 1.20 his hand is on the ball trying to knock it back.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Not buying it – he knew exactly what he was doing and that was taking Parrise out

brakes
    Free Member

I give up

anagallis_arvensis

not buying what? his hand is clearly on the ball, to me thats a rugby incident, pen at most.

brakes.. do you have anything to add? Oh you give p, fair enough not sure you’ve said anything worthwhile yet.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

AA – if its a pen its a yellow card. Waving your hand towards the ball is no help

bruk

Hadn’t seen the Welsh game, just watched that clip and had to laugh at Cyclops claiming there was nothing wrong just clumsy. You can see 1/2p grab his shorts in the last bit of the clip. Odd as he is not normally daft like that but he got nowhere near the ball and took man out so clear yellow.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nearly as bad as that diving git Earls 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

You can see 1/2p grab his shorts in the last bit of the clip. Odd as he is not normally daft like that but he got nowhere near the ball and took man out so clear yellow

Indeed the grab at the shorts is key, glad someone is able to actually see and present a considered opinion. But he did get his hand to the ball. He however didnt just run into his legs and flip him or not go for the ball, Parisse is just taller and won the ball I think its harsh.

anagallis_arvensis

Nearly as bad as that diving git Earls

if your referring to Parisse rolling about on the floor I agree. Great player but sometimes a bit of a panto clown.

anagallis_arvensis

AA give it a rest you are getting boring.

in the game that Wales apparently murdered England at scrum time there were 3 scrums in the whole game, none of which were lost according to the stats from Accenture on the BBC web site.

from espn who say there were 6 scrums:

16:16 Wales pile on the pressure at scrum time leading to a penalty on half way – Priestland drills it forward

16:22 Wales obliterate England’s scrum. They win the penalty and they’ll go for the three points.

wrecker
    Free Member

I think the England front will be fine, just a bit short of experience at the moment but they’ll improve which is the whole mentality of this team. In the back row, I expect to see robshaw go to the blind side when wood comes back and undecided on Morgan. He needs more conditioning or England need a different player.the second row worries me. Botha isn’t an international quality player, parling has a specific use. It must be lawes and another, I’d like to see Atwood in there. Things will be much improved when care is back ( I know, I know he’s a knob) and it would help if Farrell gets more time at 10 for his club.
    youngs, Ashton and catflap need to be dropped post haste.
    So, a lot of work needed but we knew this and it ain’t gonna happen overnight. This 6n is essentially a training camp for England.

donsimon
    Free Member

Convincing French win, 15+ points.

anagallis_arvensis

Have to agree wrecker, parling and botha are fine but underpowered. One would be fine but england need more grunt at lock. If you will pick fat ugly Turks you have to expect them to be fat are were sure he has no Quinnel genes?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Separated at birth

Napoleon

French coach

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Self

For me, France by 8-12 points.

Brakes

England 18 – France 15.

TJ

France by ten.

AA

. My prediction is that France will take england apart up front and win by 12.

Bruk

France by 10-15.

Kryton

England by “some” if they get behind the french in the first 15. Otherwise a dull, mistake ridden (by both side) game leading to a fortuitus win by France.

Think that’s all of them.

Boxfish

3-3 draw

boxfish
    Free Member

I’m going for a 3-3 draw 😈

wrecker
    Free Member

If you will pick fat ugly Turks you have to expect them to be fat are were sure he has no Quinnel genes?

I don’t get it. He’s a proffessional sportsman, he just needs to be thrashed until his eyes bleed. FFS, give him to the marines or paras for the entire off season. That’ll do it.

Kryton57

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!

wrecker
    Free Member

He’s a **** animal.

boxfish
    Free Member

Great try. Wouldn’t fancy tackling that!

Think I may have got my score prediction wrong…

bruk

Will be interesting watching how Les Bleus handle that.

He’s fast for a big unit.

donsimon
    Free Member

Well taken try from the French mistake.

allthepies
    Free Member

8)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😯

Viewing 40 posts - 1,961 through 2,000 (of 2,888 total)

The topic ‘Rugby – 6 nations.’ is closed to new replies.