Viewing 40 posts - 1,881 through 1,920 (of 2,888 total)
  • Rugby – 6 nations.
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Clancy = male chicken.
    Bergamasco, as above.
    That was just a yellow, but only just.

duckman

Errr….no he didn’t; yer man barely left the ground and took out a player in the air.

Hang on! How can you be in the Millennium commentary box and posting on STW at the same time?

loum
    Free Member

I’ve just worked it out…Has anybody ever seen A-A and Jonathan “Cyclops” Davies in the same room? The beeb shouldn’t allow commentators to cover their home country.

Sorry mate, I think your wrong there.
    “Jiffy” can spoil almost any game he commentates at.
    I’d rather he’s this one than have to put up with him later, really looking forward to that game.
    Now if you’d said ” The beeb shouldn’t allow cyclops within a mile of a microphone…”

“ref’s being consistent- Wales penalty : ref’s being picky -Italian penalty”

inigomontoya
    Free Member

Yellow was fair.
    At least jd hasn’t said “turn the screw” for a while

duckman

Ok, I stand, and I am bloody standing…at a bar…DYING OF THIRST HERE! corrected.

Flash;On seeing foul play… Oh Christ!= yellow
    Oh ****! = red

donsimon
    Free Member

Yellow was fair.

What’s done is done.

anagallis_arvensis

Cuthbert deserved that has worked hard all game.
    Anway duckman whats your take on Clancey?
    Has ruined the game imo. Has been like watching paint dry. Lets hope for better this w/e.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well, a win is a win. Not the spanking many predicted, but a win nonetheless.

Pigface
    Free Member

Job well done, not the greatest performance but did enough. Big game next week.

anagallis_arvensis

I know i am a cyclops but 1/2p got his hand to the ball. Never a yellow.

Oh christ Gusset agrees with me, i retract.

drewfus
    Free Member

what a dull game, ref didnt allow the game to flow. Wales always had enough to win and italians did manage to slow everything down. but no real variation by wales.

duckman

Try not to slag off refs,but that was dire. You have to use the rules to make the game flow.(Disclaimer; I only get the odd opp to run touch in the robo and ref prem b up here, so he is better than I will ever be)….he didn’t.

Kryton57

Numbers! FFS, how irratating to hear that 50 times an hour…

wrecker
    Free Member

Awful game. Italy didn’t seem interested in playing, a real shame IMO. A couple of breakaway tries and that was about it.
    Hoping for better now. I may be wrong, but I think that the scots could actually do this. Then again if Bowe gets a few half inches there will be points on the board.
    Good luck both!

Bear
    Free Member

Wales are becoming one dimensional? Discuss

For a side which promises so much they have threatened very little in the last few games, mainly I feel because England and Italy have worked them out and worked out a defensive plan which works.

Now not being overly critical of Wales here because no matter which northern hemisphere side are the best at the time no one seems to have the inventiveness of the big three. Can’t see NZ or Australia failing to unlock the Italy defence and not score more tries or create more tries. Is it because the lines of running and support play are in built into them from a very young age?

wrecker
    Free Member

Bear, I just don’t think they’re That good. I’ve not said this to be belligerent, Wales are currently the pick of the home nations sides. But not by as much as some would have you think.

loum
    Free Member

First, well done Wales, and good luck next week.
    But glad that’s out the way, it just didn’t inspire in any way.
    Poor game, badly reffed, and irritating commentating – but the result was key.

anagallis_arvensis

Fair points duckman. At least wales never looked like losing and have next week to look forward to.

anagallis_arvensis

Classic lock try! Will ireland tire again if scotland hang on

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Aye, nice dummy there too!

Looks like Ireland have gps or similar as well. Little box type thing between the shoulder blades of shirts.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Arrgghhh – score a nice try and get back into it, fail to secure the kickoff and give away a try

Arrgghhh!

Will Matt Scott get on? – the last of the young backs many off us have been screaming for since the calcutta cup match

Albanach
    Free Member

What is it with Scotland and restarts – ever since Argentina in the world cup we’ve had a complete inability to secure possession from restarts. Defence from Scotland has been terrible…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Gawd knows – dare I say poor coaching?

Albanach
    Free Member

When we’ve only lost one lineout in the entire 6 Nations to not claim a restart is unforgivable. We look so vulnerable when Ireland attack and when we attack it is so lateral.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

FFS i think Scotland dont want to win this.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Just noticed – both Wales tries were solo efforts from inside the Welsh half.

Which is nice.

wrecker
    Free Member

I think that the Scotland players actually hate andy Robinson so they play quite well to show that they’re not shit but stop short of winning a game. They just want shot!
    WTF is that horrible yorath woman doing there? My dog knows more about rugby than she does.

donsimon
    Free Member

Clancy would have blown for not releasing… 😕

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Ouch.. Sore heed….

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Tell you what probably the best Ref so far in the 6 nations, the standard of refing has not been good imo.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Agreed, Steve.

Very impressed with this chap, handling the game well. Especially the immediate stop for this injury. Chapeau.

Scamper
    Free Member

Solid win for Wales – another two tries would have put more gloss on it. Well taken tries.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Bah humbug – hollywood from the irishman. I hope he is embarrassed

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It was a dive, but it was also a yellow, TJ.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Yet another loss…

Seriously its got to be time for Andy to call it a day, i have to assume that Italy are going to pump us too.

I dont think Scottish rugby has ever been so bad.

We need a NZ coach

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Surely if its a dive its no penalty?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

It well past time for Robinson to be sacked

bawbag
    Free Member

Agree, no need to go down. Scotland have disintegrated. We’re better than this.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The dive, although very poor form, was irrelevant to the offence for which the penalty was given.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

but you wouldn’t say that if he was in a red shirt 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1,881 through 1,920 (of 2,888 total)

The topic ‘Rugby – 6 nations.’ is closed to new replies.