Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 1,484 total)
  • Rugby 22-23 Season
  • scotroutes

Nah. Wales to beat France by 27 points ..

ElShalimo

Let’s hope so

akira

Score flattered us today, but a wins a win. Third behind the world number 1 and 2 is fairly acceptable I think, obviously that’s unless any odd results happen this afternoon.

Twodogs

Anyone else finding the commentary is fractionally ahead of the picture? V irritating

duckman

Now I can relax and enjoy the rugby. Unlike the majority of posters on here 👹

gauss1777
    Free Member

Anyone else finding the commentary is fractionally ahead of the picture? V irritating

me too, like a second or so.

That was a lot better than I’d feared.Another half similar to that and I’ll be content enough.

Twodogs

me too, like a second or so

“Tomkins gets smashed”…then he gets smashed. Unless they’re psychic…

fazzini

Think this going to get even more painful for Wales. 😳

joelowden

France looking very clinical here, could be a very long day at the office for Wales

Kryton57

The only hope for Wales is that they can concede less than England v France therefore look marginally better.

gauss1777
    Free Member

The only hope for Wales is…

3 converted, unanswered tries! 😀😀

molgrips
    Free Member

The only hope for Wales is that they can concede less than England v France therefore look marginally better.

Wales fans in a certain age bracket are pretty comfortable with this concept.

onehundredthidiot

It was happening a few weeks ago too. It’s a bit strange.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Fair play to Wales to stay in that. Given where they’ve been this 6N, they did well to score 4 tries against France when it was beginning to look like it might be a hammering. 21-21 in the second half. Not sure France are as good as they looked at Twickenham.

gauss1777
    Free Member

After dreading a horror show, there were several things to be happier about from the Wales performance imho. I can picture us hopefully getting out of our World Cup group now, which appeared a dream a couple of weeks ago.

We need England to put on a big performance next to keep the entertainment going.

jimw
    Free Member

Not sure France are as good as they looked at Twickenham.

or it could just be that Wales had a better game plan. England had the poorest score against France compared to all the other sides.

fazzini

We need England to put on a big performance next to keep the entertainment going.

Should ‘we’ apologise now or after?

Kryton57

I’m doing the best I can but I really can’t drink any faster.

tjagain

Well England look up for it all right

dantsw13

Please can we just stop the clock now??

joelowden

Good try Ireland

jimw
    Free Member

He deserved that red. The ITV commentary is poor

sharkbait
    Free Member

You should ask for a job.

anagallis_arvensis

Took my boy to Bath duathlon today. On way home KFC had run out of chicken, I shit you not, just as I thought things couldn’t get worse the car broke down on the M4, only took RAC 2.45mins to arrive..just got home. Have I missed out?

dantsw13

I’m done with international rugby. Referees looking for every chance to send players off. Every ruck players charge in headfirst, but if any back has the slightest head contact it’s a red.

mrhoppy

He deserved that red.

Give over, he was trying to avoid the collision. Peyper has been his usual cross all game and that was the crowning turd on the top of that half.

The ITV commentary is poor

Well duh, the pope shits in the woods too.

duckman

By the letter of it law it is a red I am afraid, but to avoid it Steward would have to have not protected himself and got his ribs caved in.

jimw
    Free Member

but if any back has the slightest head contact it’s a red

That wasn’t a “slight” head contact though.

Kryton57

Steward hard done by. He can’t tackle a player without the ball and his instinct is to protect his ribs. Small man syndrome Pieper does it again.

onehundredthidiot

What should he have done? Tackles him properly.
    He wouldn’t turn that shoulder if the ball was live so why turn the shoulder, and hence the elbow head contact?
    Red card I’m afraid. More importantly it’s annoyed sir Clive flubadub and this a good thing in anyone’s book.

Oh and today’s bit of delightful commentary ” they’re forcing the unforced errors” honestly wtf

tjagain

Its a clear red under the laws.  Harsh as hell for sure but if he had time to drop his arms and turnside on he had enough time to put his arms out to attempt a legal tackle or to turnaway.  He didn’t.  He turned into him and dropped his arms

Harsh, not really what the laws are for but correct in the law

dantsw13

Peyper says “clear shoulder to the head” he’s obvs blind as well as useless.

onehundredthidiot

Peyper says “clear shoulder to the head” he’s obvs blind as well as useless.

Absolutely, he should have said clear elbow to the head.

duckman

See the size of that Irish replacement tight head?

Bear
    Free Member

Hi tackle on Watson by Hansen surely?

Kryton57

I have massive respect for Kyle Sinckler in this match. Council house kid has trounced his demons and is doing his job in a strong, quiet robust fashion with no errors.

Hi tackle on Watson by Hansen surely?

Yep, around the neck.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Forward final pass anyone? 🙄

Kryton57

That’s a forward pass!

FFS now we are playing the official as well, it 18 vs 14!

Pigface
    Free Member

😂😂😂😂😂 England discipline is awful

onehundredthidiot

Although apparently nonofsidebline if you’re in white.
    And Willis yellow.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 1,484 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.