Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 1,484 total)
  • Rugby 22-23 Season
  • pondo

Can only play the teams they put in fron of you – I bet the Aussies will be pro next WC!

I thought we looked great this morning – us and the Kiwis for the title…? :)

anagallis_arvensis

South Africa: Kolbe; Arendse, Kriel, De Allende, Mapimpi; Willemse, Hendrikse; Kitshoff, Marx; Malherbe, Etzebeth, De Jager, Kolisi (capt), Du Toit, Wiese.

Replacements: Mbonambi, Nche, Koch, Mostert, Fourie, Smith, De Klerk, Le Roux

Colby at 15 in Dublin is interesting!!

gauss1777
    Free Member

This thread is far too quiet :(
    Some great games coming up this weekend.

Sadly, Leigh Halfpenny a doubt for Wales. [Such a shame, he seems like a very nice bloke.] Goodness knows who Wales will field. I can’t see us beating New Zealand. Again.

I hope Hastings has a good game for Scotland. He’s looked good in the recent highlights I’ve seen of Gloucester. Does anyone know how strong the Fiji team is? They always have difficulty getting their best players altogether at the same time – however, if they play their strongest team it could be an exciting game. (I worry they might be really good, come the World Cup!).

Ireland v South Africa should be good too.

Can’t wait 😀

Kryton57

It is quiet. I have my son “Parents Club dinner” tonight so will undoubtedly be watching the games with hangover. Anyway, England to face Argentina:

15. Freddie Steward
    14. Jack Nowell (VC)
    13. Manu Tuilagi
    12. Owen Farrell (C)
    11. Joe Cokanasiga
    10. Marcus Smith
    9. Ben Youngs
    1. Ellis Genge (VC)
    2. Luke Cowan-Dickie
    3. Kyle Sinckler
    4. Alex Coles
    5. Jonny Hill
    6. Maro Itoje
    7. Tom Curry
    8. Billy Vunipola
    Finishers
    16. Jack Singleton
    17. Mako Vunipola
    18. Joe Heyes
    19. David Ribbans
    20. Sam Simmonds
    21. Jack Willis
    22. Jack van Poortlviet
    23. Henry Slade

Very strong side for us, and Manu gets to play this years international game vs Argentina before he goes off with injury. Youngs and Farrell debatable as always. I’m looking forward to seeing Jack Willis back in action, I hope he gets some decent game time.

anagallis_arvensis

Finishers

Does it not make you want to vomit reading this?

Sadly, Leigh Halfpenny a doubt for Wales

Pivac19’s decision to only have 1 old 15 recently back from a long term injury in the squad looks more and more daft all the time. If Priestland starts at 15 I don’t think I’ll bother watching, he was unbelievably bad at 15 for Cardiff a few weeks back. Can’t even shift say Zammit to 15 as the two other wingers in the squad are already injured….**** moron that **** is.
    Anscombe to 15 and Priestland to 10 is the least worst option…and that’s shit

onehundredthidiot

Off to murrayfield tomorrow. Slight worry as our scratch autumn team pushes the big boys then we bring in the stars and……..fall flat on our arses.

gauss1777
    Free Member

and that’s shit

agreed, it does all appear somewhat shambolic. You’d think that you cannot predict injuries, but here I’m confident that you likely could. Priestland at 10 and Anscombe at 15 looks the best bet from where we are; but I’d just as soon play Costelow at 10 and … actually I haven’t a clue : (

Wales could quite well be the only home team to lose tomorrow.

anagallis_arvensis

but I’d just as soon play Costelow at 10 and … actually I haven’t a clue : (

God help us, I’d prefer McNicol at 15, he’s not really international class but he is the best option we have

gauss1777
    Free Member

God help us

😂 hee hee, I said I didn’t have a clue 😏 Not ready, or not of international standard do you reckon? (Although a_a you can be a tad harsh on Wales players at times )

anagallis_arvensis

My “God help us” comment wasn’t meant to suggest your option was awful more just that all available options are awful given the lack of balance in the squad selected. I mean Cuthbert has been picked ahead of say Keeelan Giles and Cuthbert isn’t fit yet and hasn’t played all season!

Costelow is a bang average club 10, he may improve as he is still young but giving a young 10 his first taste of the international game v NZ? I’d rather we lose with Priestland at 10, even if he is no better than Costelow.

As for Tipuric at 6!!!

gauss1777
    Free Member

Cheers a_a. I had heard that Costelow was the future. I guess I’ve near given up hope of us winning today, so thought just **** it – try something leftfield. I’m worried can Owens, Tips, North, Anscombe even make it through the game?

I just saw Ireland A get destroyed by New Zealand xv on YouTube – I’m even less confident about this afternoon now : (

Kryton57

Well, I attended a Club fundraiser dinner for next years U14 tour, with special guest speaker – Neil Back MBE. What a great night. This kids did the waiting and serving of food & drink. Neil gave them an excellent pep talk and of course us an after dinner speech with many Leicester, England and Lions quips.

Neil signed some memorabilia for jnr and we got a great photo of the three of us. He’s a surprisingly soft spoken chap but does carry a presence.

So, he was asked – when does he think England’s next WC will come. The answer came in 2 parts – a) within the next couple of weeks time and b) the men have a very long wait. He went of to reveal that Cluve’s plan went on very much further than the England team we saw, he had them learning about each other in league games and outside of Rugby. The imnpact of this was that the 2003 team instinctively knew every play, every nuance and every move of their team members without having to discuss it. His view, Eddie has failed to field a consistent team for long enough to achieve that, and we don’t have the tools to overcome that as a major factor in our play.

Anyway, I’m somewhat obviously nursing a hangover so need to put the screen down, what what a pleasure to meet the guy.

pondo

Second women’s semi-final was quite the match! :)

gauss1777
    Free Member

Second women’s semi-final was quite the match! 🙂

Yes. The England v Canada game was pretty close too.

Kryton57

I just finish watching the England game. What a match!

joelowden

Dear Lord Scotland 🙄🙄🙄

anagallis_arvensis

Look at how far Jack Dempsey has fallen!

gauss1777
    Free Member

😂

Bit of a dull game. Darcy Graham man of the match 🤷‍♂️

Priestland at 10, Anscombe at 15. All my fingers crossed 🤞, but I fear it will not be enough. Again 😭

anagallis_arvensis

1:0 home win for the singing, let’s leave it there shall we!!

gauss1777
    Free Member

😩

😭😭

Good job they’re not at their best

anagallis_arvensis

Pleased to see Dyer score, kids rapid

anagallis_arvensis

Tipuric off at half time, Christ on please. Won’t happen though.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Pleased to see Dyer score, kids rapid

Indeed, he’s had a great first half debut.

Tipuric off at half time, Christ on please. Won’t happen though.

I wouldn’t be too surprised to see him come on quite soon.

anagallis_arvensis

I wouldn’t be too surprised to see him come on quite soon.

Bet they keep Tipuric on and take Reffel off, making Tipuric captain is another Pivac error…blokes not match fit and isn’t a 6

frankconway

In other news…England’s teams in men’s, women’s and wheelchair rugby league world cup all going well.

gauss1777
    Free Member

a_a call for someone else to be taken off 😏😂 (agree with you by the way)

anagallis_arvensis

Better than I expected tbh. Anscombe at 15 was an empty shirt, no pace since his bust knee. I would have shifted Zammit to 15 for last 20, North to wing and Watkin to 13…would have maybe lost by more by at least Zammit can run

gauss1777
    Free Member

Better than I expected tbh.

Thoroughly miserable, but some Wales players played well imho. Falateau, Tomos W, Tompkins, Tipuric to be fair to him, good debut from Dyer, Christ good whilst on.
    I reckon I could live to a hundred and still not see Wales beat NZ : (

Scotland will be confident after their win against Fiji, so their game against NZ next week will be interesting.

Ireland v SA: can Ireland maintain their consistency?

anagallis_arvensis

Ireland holding on, doing well to keep SA out so far

anagallis_arvensis

I wish he’d stop talking about the “Argies”

joelowden

Fair play Ireland, great result.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

They can, yeah.

Tbh, I’d have been disappointed with anything other than a win given SA were playing without a recognised 10. Although losing McCloskey, Murray and Furlong at half time didn’t bode well. Impressed that they won scrum penalties in the 2nd half against possibly the cheatingest scrum in international rugby.

2022’s been good fun so far.

All Blacks ✅
    World Champions ✅

All setting up nicely for a crash and burn at RWC2023 😂

The-Beard

Just back from Murrayfield. Think we have a bit of a problem brewing in the team. Hogg looks generally grumpy and it feels like there’s something missing in terms of team spirit. Then they all come out saying things like they’re happy with how things went. That’s not what anyone in the stands were saying…

onehundredthidiot

Hogg was trying to captain but he’s been found wanting…….. wanting to keep the ball and any glory for himself. Our part of the west stand reckoned Darcy got mom for player folded in half by the opposition the most and staying on the pitch.
    We ran pretty shapes but behind the gain line.

The-Beard

Darcy got folded up right in front of us! Think they lacked patience to just hold onto the ball and work through the phases.

anagallis_arvensis

Great win from Ireland, I fear Ireland, England or France (or all 3) could put 50 on Wales…

Kryton57

England… ….could put 50 on Wales…

ROFL

tjagain

Scotland were predictably mince. We will remain so why Townsend is in charge. Selection is inconsistent and confused, they players do not agree with the gameplan, there is obvious poor man management and no one on earth believes Finn was dropped on form.

When the team play consistently below their potential then the coach carries the can

Ive never been a Gatland fan but if he was Scotland coach do you think the team would look so ill at ease? He knew how to get the best out of Wales and had them playing better than the sum of the parts. Townsend cannot do this

peteimpreza

They saved the best game to last.

If you not seen it yet, go watch France vs Australia, awesome game

gauss1777
    Free Member

They can, yeah.

Congratulations to Ireland. I am seriously envious.

I only saw the highlights of France v Australia, it did look like a good game. The World Cup is going to be on us very quickly, methinks. Whether there is enough time now for Scotland and Wales to close the gap is doubtful. Where England stand is unclear, today’s game will be interesting.

Hopefully a thrilling game to come. Best luck to both teams.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 1,484 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.