Viewing 40 posts - 1,601 through 1,640 (of 2,190 total)
  • Rugby 2020 – 2021 Season
  • tjagain

Predictions?

France by 5
    Ireland by 10
    Scotland by 1 pt ( maybe)

anagallis_arvensis

Ospreys beat Leinster in Dublin last night 😮😲😳😮
    Looks like the result could shaft Glasgow.
    I see Hastings is playing 15 v Dregs this weekend…TJ you were so dismissive of my suggestion that he looks like a 15 playing 10…..meanwhile Hogg starts at 10 for Scotland, mind you he was better than Russell at 10 last week.

anagallis_arvensis

I do hope AA was Watching the Ospreys tonight

I watched most of the first half but have not been sleeping well this week and was knackered so went to bed 🙄

Got to stay up late tonight!

No predictions other than I will be slightly overwrought!

onehundredthidiot

When Hogg got his first call up there was talk of him at 10 but then Russell appeared. Not sure how good his pass is off his left and given a little room he’ll be tempted into running everything.

tjagain

TJ you were so dismissive of my suggestion that he looks like a 15 playing 10

Don’t remember that. I have never been a part of the Hastings fan club. I’d rather have Weir playing 10 for Scotland. Hastings runs up blind alleys all the time and makes far too many mistakes

I sort of see the point with giving Hogg a run at 10. With Russell he is only ever going to be subbed if injured so there is no point in having a 10 on the bench – better to get one or two of our other players primed to play 10 if Russell gets injured.

fazzini

What’s being poured for tomorrow?

A couple of bottles of French red, and if Wales beat France (channelling my 1/8 Welshness cos England I predict will lose as a) its a French referee and b) we is England so we think we rule the rugby world innit but aren’t actually that good 🤔🤣) I may even treat myself to an Irish whiskey.

PS – one, or more, of my comments is tongue in cheek 😂

duckman

mind you he was better than Russell at 10 last week.

The Biggar hype train is up early this morning.

5plusn8
    Free Member

LCD good at darts.

tjagain

Yes but ireland are good at reading the throws – or were excellent against Scotland. It wasn’t poor throwing – it was excellent lineout defense

Given the way England have been playing I think ireland have the perfect game to counter them

tjagain

Calm down calm down – its like two bald men fighting over a comb!

anagallis_arvensis

Given the way England have been playing I think ireland have the perfect game to counter them

Having Beirne at 6 helped Ireland as did England having Lawes at 6, both teams are back to playing real 6 at 6 rather than locks are they not?

Kryton57

Could we please enjoy a great Saturday of rugby today?

England by 5
    Scotland by 15
    France at the death by 3

5plusn8
    Free Member

tjagain
    Predictions?

France by 5
    Ireland by 10
    Scotland by 1 pt ( maybe)

If wishful thinking to suit your preferred outcomes is what we are doing then:

France by 5
    England by 20
    Italy by 7

gauss1777
    Free Member

It was probably me who said that I’d chose Liam (and 1/2p) over Hogg. I did at the time however point out that Gatland has said how much he rates Hogg and he knows more about it than me.

I do not understand why anyone cares what anyone else on here thinks. If you like Darcy and Van De Merwe, but I’d chose Adams and LRZ (or maybe Watson) why get annoyed?

anagallis_arvensis

Ah; so I am a sore loser for slagging your running down of Russell

Don’t fret I’m sure he’ll get you a grand slam next year

tjagain

Saucer of cream? for 5 plus?

Italy have been poor this season – it would be a major upset if they win

France have too much firepower for Wales I think and surely wales luck will run out 😉

Ireland have the perfect game to counter Englands stodge Kick deep and hope for mistakes or kick to touch and pressure lineouts just will not work against ireland and Farrell in the centres takes away all the pace from the attack

gauss1777
    Free Member

France at the death by 3

I have a dream of a Wales drop goal in the 81st minute to win the game after being 9 points behind at 78 minutes 😀

gauss1777
    Free Member

Scotland by 30+
    England by 10 to 15
    France by 5 to 13

But I still think Wales might pull of the Grand Slam with a performance that people will acknowledge was outstanding.

duckman

Again AA; “I can’t” would have saved you time.

fazzini

tjagain
    Predictions?

France by 5
    Ireland by 10
    Scotland by 1 pt ( maybe

Scotland by 10+ pts
    Ireland by 3 pts
    France by 8 pts

Kryton57

Ireland have the perfect game to counter Englands stodge Kick deep

You didn’t watch last weeks match? It’s the perfect setup to make Ireland wonder how we will play. I predict a frantic first 20 mins but England to have slightly too much for Ireland IF they play well. But a close match for sure.

anagallis_arvensis

Again AA; “I can’t” would have saved you time.

So me saying Hogg was better than Russell at 10 last week, means I think Williams is better than Hogg and Biggar is better than Russell and warrants calling me a bell end does it, other than that no I can’t be bothered with your bitterness and acting like a sore loser.

anagallis_arvensis

France have too much firepower for Wales I think and surely wales luck will run out 😉

I agree but when France get 2 reds and yellow in the first half the jam Slam will be on!

tjagain

Kryton – I did watch Englands last match but could not detect anything different in substance from how they have played thew last couple of years. Just executed a bit better. I still say Ireland have the skills to counter englands kicking game and the better breakdowna dn lineout. england will not be able to do anything without the ball.

AA –

Biggar is better than Russell

Now that is some deluded nonsense right there

personally i would play biggar at 10 for the lions – not because he is a better player but because he plays a much more conventional game that would fit a gatland game plan and limited training time better

Russell is clearly the best home nations 10 by a long way.

Drac

Can the children please stop fighting at the back.

gauss1777
    Free Member

No. No he is not, imho. You would have to define what makes one 10 better than another. There are things that Sexton, Ford and Biggar do better than Russell. He is far too inconsistent, again imho.

Ps a_a was not the first person to suggest that Hogg had a better game at 10 than Russell. I’m pretty sure I saw that written in a piece in the Guardian and elsewhere.

anagallis_arvensis

Biggar is better than Russell

I didn’t say that Duckman, wet his knickers because I said Hogg was better at ten last week and tried to bring Biggar into it.
    Russell clearly has more talent in his little finger than Biggar, he just come up with too many daft errors at key points.

personally i would play biggar at 10 for the lions – not because he is a better player but because he plays a much more conventional game that would fit a gatland game plan and limited training time better

I agree but would go for Fax. With Garland coaching and limited game time to bed in any complex plans most selection will be done on weight!! See also Tips and Watson missing out.

Potentially, but I think Ford is a better option, although Russell’s defence is much better than his.

I’d take
    Ford
    Russell
    Faz

I think Garland will take
    Faz
    Russell
    Sexton/Biggar

tjagain

Gauss – Sexton is beyond his best. russell is no longer the inconsistent man of a few years ago – I suggest you watch Racing play. what does ford do better than russell?

Biggar plays the conventional game well and has the best kick chase in the game

anagallis_arvensis

Off for a bike ride now. Want to get everything done in time to see Hogg at ten v Italy, could be epic!!

anagallis_arvensis

what does ford do better than russell?

Doesn’t kick 50:50 cross kicks or kick the ball touch in goal from pens….(yes I know he doesn’t kick to touch for England). IMO he organised things better.
    Watch squidges video on him

duckman

Haha, I wet MY knickers? Anybody new here should just click on page 4 for the full AA experience.

Kryton57

The problem with Ford for Lions as highlighted by Squidge you need a forward to help him out in defence, and you’ll need a very solid defence vs SA.

The potential there to pull players in from the wing is large.

Off for a bike ride now. Want to get everything done in time

+1!

5plusn8
    Free Member

I have to shop, get diesel, walk the dogs, do the census. No time for a ride.

loum
    Free Member

Ireland have the perfect game to counter Englands stodge Kick deep and hope for mistakes or kick to touch and pressure lineouts just will not work against ireland and Farrell in the centres takes away all the pace from the attack

This is just very wishfull thinking, they really don’t.
    That’s why England keep winning v Ireland.
    Ireland have done well when their pack can dominate. It’s not happened v England recently and England know that. Ireland attack is not flowing at all under Catt, good lineout defence doesn’t mean point’s..
    and the forwards don’t grind through the bigger England pack so can go 20 phases and make no gains. defence hasn’t coped well with being kicked over and turned by fast wingers like may, Watson, Daly.
    England, like Wales, can beat Ireland on 30%possesion. Ireland will need some bounce to go there way and to play like it’s a final.
    Some hope – Keenan covers back field better than Stockdale or henshaw so maybe less tries for may. And Billy v looked a bit less on form this year , Ireland hasn’t coped with his running before. And Ireland players know their attack isn’t working so might just ignore Catt and let henshaw and aki play like they used to for Connacht. And stander might get a few tries in with his thirty carries and tackles 😉

tjagain

We will see Loum but my money is on Ireland

olddog

Scotland by 15 after going a try down in the first 5 minutes

France leading by 8 with 20 minutes to go then a French player get binned and Wales nick a quick try and pen to sneak it by 2

Ireland England is such a turgid grind of endless rucks, rolling mauls and penalties that nobody watches long enough to see the final score

anagallis_arvensis

Anybody new here should just click on page 4 for the full AA experience.

What was so wrong on page four?

loum
    Free Member

TJ would love it to happen, and it’s possible, but it’s easy to see how England are confident.
    Still, best when underdogs – not favourites.
    It’s crazy the difference that Cullen and Lancaster get out of the same players compared to Catt.

Silver lining might be a change there.

gauss1777
    Free Member

I hadn’t realised that Scotland are at home today. And the Sun is shining. Scotland could put 60+ on Italy, so long as they’re patient/don’t try to force things.

Kryton57

Scotland could put 60+ on Italy

Lol

Viewing 40 posts - 1,601 through 1,640 (of 2,190 total)

The topic ‘Rugby 2020 – 2021 Season’ is closed to new replies.