Viewing 40 posts - 1,561 through 1,600 (of 2,190 total)
  • Rugby 2020 – 2021 Season
  • onehundredthidiot

England’s open side and 8 are going to have a busy day. I can Ireland sending stander, henshaw and Lowe down the 10/12 and 12/13 channels. Big carriers to challenge OF tackle, I thought he was quieter in the last game in the tackle zone.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Why is that?

It was another joke following on from Kryton’s, because he is English.

Or are you worried about him?

IdleJon

My head tells me that Wales have a 1 in 3 chance of winning. But I have a gut feeling that we’re going to do it.

So I’m crossing my fingers for 3 underdog wins: Italy, Ireland and Wales. How exciting would that be!?!

Bookies odds are overwhelmingly for a Scottish win, (100/1 for a draw could tempt me!) and decent odds for Ireland and Wales to win. (25/1 for an Ireland/England draw? I reckon those are two very close teams.)

https://www.oddschecker.com/rugby-union/six-nations

5plusn8
    Free Member

I diunno what you call good odds, the bookies have England fav to beat Ireland at shit odds, and Ireland to beat Eng at even shitter odds, IE too close to call. Hmmmm.

loum
    Free Member

I can Ireland sending stander, henshaw and Lowe down the 10/12 and 12/13 channels.

Nearly.
    Conan, Aki, Stockdale.

anagallis_arvensis

I have to go to the pub

**** show off!! What’s a pub, we have none

anagallis_arvensis

Stockdale back for the turnstile that is Lowe is good, Aki and Henshaw is chunky!!

Can anyone explain why Earls gets picked ahead of L’amour, what’s that all about?

tjagain

The Toonbola returns for Scotland. Hogg at 10!

IdleJon

Can anyone explain why Earls gets picked ahead of L’amour, what’s that all about?

Earls is very good at legally disrupting high balls. (Legality would depend on who you are supporting, but he gets away with it.)

loum
    Free Member

Ireland: Keenan; Earls, Henshaw, Aki, Stockdale; Sexton (capt), Murray; Kilcoyne, Herring, Furlong, Henderson, Beirne, Stander, Van der Flier, Conan.

Replacements: Kelleher, Healy, Porter, Baird, O’Mahony, Gibson-Park, Burns, Larmour.

bigblackshed

Can I have some sympathy please?

It’s my wife’s birthday on Saturday, I don’t think I’ll see any rugby. Well not until Sunday on catch up.

loum
    Free Member

Keenan has claimed the 15 spot.
    Stockdale’s been injured.
    Lowe is new.

They don’t usually put three noobs in the back 3. Earls job has been babysitting Lowe and Keenan. If Stockdale re claims leftwing then he can babysit Keenan and larmour and keet can have his cocoa.

Larmour was getting more gametime when Rob k was baby-sitter

bob_summers

Just realised WAL-FRA is on at 21:00 CET when the pubs are shut! Bugger, hoping it’s on a French channel that I can pick up when the wind’s blowing the right way… either that or a VPN trial.
    On Teledeporte they’re showing the English Open Badminton semifinal at 9 lol

anagallis_arvensis

I was hoping L’amour would be competing for the Lions 15 shirt, I really rate him but Farrell seems very conservative in selection.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Why is that?

It was another joke following on from Kryton’s, because he is English.

Or are you worried about him?

I think Luke pearce is very good. He is Welsh though, as far as I am aware.

loum
    Free Member

Larmour had long injury last year and missed the opportunity with rk leaving. They tried Stockdale there and it didn’t really work out. Keenans taken the chance and nailed 15 . He’s not spectacular but really safe. Like a mini halfpee. Can see him being ire 15 for a long time. Larmours been in all this year’s squads but Farrell was trying to bring Lowe up to standard, and had new 15 and half backs, so earls was the experience at the back. With Stockdale back fit he’ll be the experience, larmour will be long term right wing. Just not this time v England with all the other changes.
    Farrell’s actually brought through loads of new caps. Baird (got the charge down at the end v Scotland) is winger quick and kelleher is a good kid too.

5plusn8
    Free Member

He is Welsh though, as far as I am aware.

English https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Pearce

loum
    Free Member

Hogg
    Williams
    Daley
    For lions FBs.
    Keenan wouldn’t let them down but probably behind even more than just them.
    Larmour very outside shot as wing, but lrz , Watson, may, Adams, North , Maitland , Stockdale and others in front at the moment. He can play any position 11-15 so might get the call out if there’s injuries on tour.

anagallis_arvensis

Hogg
    Williams
    Daley
    For lions FBs.

Only likely to be 2 and if Daly is anywhere near it’ll be a massive shock.

anagallis_arvensis

English https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Pearce

Place of birth
    Pontypool

nickjb
    Free Member

Place of birth
    Pontypool

Is that your measure? So Jonathan Davies and George North are English then 🙂

5plusn8
    Free Member

FYI whilst googling a witty response to AA there I discovered that in the Wales first 15 (apart from some obvious exceptions) 98.9% of them were born in Swansea/Penarth/Morriston/Camarthen. They were all born in a 15 mile radius. Must something in the water.

Starters
    North -Kings Lynn
    Davies- Solihull
    Francis – York
    Faletau- Specific Islands

Finishers
    Halaholo -Aotearo

5plusn8
    Free Member

Is that your measure?

Don’t worry nickjb, if Wales win we can blame the ref for being a one-eyed welshman, if they lose they can blame him for being English.

gauss1777
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis

Faletau- Specific Islands

FinishersReplacements
    Halaholo -Aotearo

You need to work on your spelling..

Specific Islands= Tonga
    NZ = Aotearoa

You are welcome!

5plusn8
    Free Member

Thanks teach.

Pacifically speaking Tonga is a specific Island.

I have a friend who cannot say specific and always says pacific. And then there was this:
    Specific Ocean

gauss1777
    Free Member

Sad person that I am I like occasionally to go back and look at what was said before a tournament began. There’s always some amusing comments. Like this one from a_a, how could he possibly have known what would happen.

I think Wales will struggle but favourites like England and France will benefit due to refs subconciously favouring favourites.

loum
    Free Member

Pacifically speaking Tonga is a specific Island.

No. It’s a country with 170 islands.

5plusn8
    Free Member

No. It’s a country with 170 islands.

This is true, but its not funny.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Can I change the topic to something much more important?

What’s being poured for tomorrow?

I’ve got a mixed bag of Tiny Rebel goodness, including a four pack of Cwtch that I doubt will touch the sides!

bob_summers

Pubs open here on a reduced timetable so the Ireland game will be the local porter.
    Got to choose a barrel for the Perfectdraft for the Wales game, between Clwb Tropicana and Magic Rock stout 🤔

duckman

A mini keg of Fyne Ales Jarl.

Kryton57

6 bottles of quintessential English ales followed by a fine French wine.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😉

duckman

Kryton57

Posted 44 minutes ago

Best not mix the two up.

tjagain

Ireland – please beat England so we have a chance to finish above them in the table – you owe us that much!

IdleJon

98.9% of them were born in Swansea/Penarth/Morriston/Camarthen. They were all born in a 15 mile radius.

I can’t be reading that correctly – it’s about 60 miles from Penarth down to Carmarthen? (That 60 miles covers every big club (historic and current) in Wales apart from the Gwent teams. And Morriston is part of Swansea.)

anagallis_arvensis

Pubs open here on a reduced timetable so the Ireland game will be the local porter.

Bloody show off!!

tjagain

I do hope AA was Watching the Ospreys tonight

Bear
    Free Member

Amazing finish! Not the best game but great result for them.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,561 through 1,600 (of 2,190 total)

The topic ‘Rugby 2020 – 2021 Season’ is closed to new replies.