Viewing 40 posts - 1,281 through 1,320 (of 2,190 total)
  • Rugby 2020 – 2021 Season
  • onehundredthidiot

So OF was apoplectic about the cross field kick as the defence wasn’t set and the water carriers were on the pitch?

Shall I fetch the petard and the block and tackle?

akira

Ah you misunderstood, he meant you weren’t allowed to do it to him.

5plusn8
    Free Member

I didn’t hear the ref say time off or on in that vid?

Bear
    Free Member

Was he asked to talk to his players? As said was time called off ?

As actually watching video clock is stopped so time must have been off, ref at fault for not calling time on. Same situation both reffed badly.
    No one is blaming welsh players, so to highlight Farrell is not really the point.

onehundredthidiot

Was meant to be light-hearted. Defence wasn’t set yet Farrell still kicks.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Defence wasn’t set yet Farrell still kicks.

That was not Farrells complaint.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

FFS, change the record!

5plusn8
    Free Member

umm it was the ABE’s that raised it…

anagallis_arvensis

FFS, change the record!

Good idea, back to some proper rugby.

onehundredthidiot

God forbid discussion happen on a forum.

anagallis_arvensis

Surprised TJ hasn’t raised this after all his moaning about Lee Byrne in the past after a series of Scots players ran into his boots. This is much worse.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Is Hastings 10 White? Sent off for raising his leg into the oncoming runners face?
    Looks utterly accidental, yes bloody dangerous but nothing malicious.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

Good idea, back to some proper rugby.

i forget how good henson was when he was in full flow. shame his international career went a little awry

there was a great, and possibly apocryphal, story of when the WRU were first courting Gats for the job after a fairly dismal world cup. apparently they were flying round south wales in a helicopter to give him a bit of a lay of the land. as they flew over neath one of the WRU representatives suggested they put down and nipped into his grams house for a cup of tea and bara brith, which they duly do. gats introduces him self to the this tiny frail octogenarian, first words out of her mouth were, ‘ so you going to start henson at centre then’. apparently it was at this point he realised what the game and the team mean in wales

tjagain

Red card for the haircut alone. I am quite happy that these be red cards

onehundredthidiot

It’s worryingly common. Red for contact yellow for showing studs? Knee up I can understand flat of foot not so much. Although I believe there is an argument for overbalancing but you wouldn’t leave your foot out there for that long (?).

duckman

He overbalanced then left his foot out to protect himself. Reds dished out for that for a while now.

greyspoke
    Free Member

… and the to avoid the torso rotating backwards in reaction to the left leg rotating downwards, you would raise the right leg. The alternative would have been landing on his back/head. It would be a sensible reaction to finding yourself in the air rotating backwards like that.

duckman

Doesn’t look that natural( which is academic anyway)

5plusn8
    Free Member

The alternative would have been landing on his back/head. It would be a sensible reaction to finding yourself in the air rotating backwards like that.

This is what I thought.

onehundredthidiot

It’s another area that needs looking at. There’s all sort of blocking and pushing in the kick chase.
    A free competition would be much safer if the blockers got out the way. It’s be easy to ref. In front of the catcher within area your offside. There was a game a few weeks ago where a tackler was pushed into the catchers landing area making contact when he was still in the air. Without the push it would have been a safe tackle when he landed. As it was dangerous tackle, but the push caused it.
    Opening the space, removing the blockers would reduce would encourage safer competition.

rhys
    Free Member

Totally agree about blockers, it’s pissed me off for ages. What I have never understood is why refs haven’t dealt with it before. It would seem to be one of the laws that is easiest to enforce.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😄

gauss1777
    Free Member

6 nations again this weekend. Three teams still in with a realistic shout of winning the tournament.

Wales have an easier, but by no means certain, game against Italy this weekend. Then France.
    France are unbeaten and have been the most impresive team. But they have had the difficulties of covid19 and their 3 remaining games are not easy (England away, Wales and Scotland); it is 50:50 them winning all 3 imho.

Presuming Wales will beat Italy, then Scotland have to win all their remaining games. Tough for them to beat Ireland and France but doable.

Should be great. I can’t wait.

onehundredthidiot

So the red card, off for a chat with/out biscuits, doff your cap, take your ban.

But Ollie Thorley gets a red, so admits foul play? But it looks at though he gets a shove before contact which drops his height to make a head on head. So does he admit foul play even though it wasn’t his actions?
    Admit it 2 week ban don’t 4 weeks?

loum
    Free Member

loum
    Free Member

Pro 14, Leinster Munster final. Rightly so.
    Two best teams in it, imo.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

has there been any further news on when france v scotland is likely to be re-scheduled to? there was some commentary (in wales online i think) that it would be held the weekend after super Saturday, but not seen anything further

IdleJon

has there been any further news on when france v scotland is likely to be re-scheduled to? there was some commentary (in wales online i think) that it would be held the weekend after super Saturday, but not seen anything further

That’s the same date that the Rugby Post suggested yesterday.

whytetrash

Wales have an easier, but by no means certain, game against Italy this weekend….. I think I’d quite happily bet my pension on a bonus point win!…. if you seriously don’t think Wales will significantly outscore Italy you’re delusional 🤪 question is how affected by covid the French are… I wasn’t strong on the bike for a couple of weeks after I had it

gauss1777
    Free Member

I think I’d quite happily bet my pension on a bonus point win!

Italy have looked threatening – never count your chickens. Wales could get 2 red cards. But yes, I expect Wales will win. I’d play Sheedy at 10, with Jarrod Evans on the bench – it seems wrong to me to bring a player into the squad and not give them any game time.

anagallis_arvensis

I’d play Sheedy at 10, with Jarrod Evans on the bench

Sheedy played for Bristol this w/e so may need a rest. Biggar needs to at least bench so Northampton can’t play him. I’d rest Faletau by putting him on bench as he played for Bath. Francis. Was a sub for Exeter so could be rested.
    Might be tempted to match Italy’s ploy of putting best props on bench and starting the bench two so R Jones and Brown to start with Wyn Jones and Francis on bench. Otherwise go fully loaded but sub of AWJ as early as poss if all going well.

gauss1777
    Free Member

a_a fair enough, I was unaware of those subtleties. Jarrod Evans and Biggar? I’d love to see what Evans could do.

Predictions everyone? Wales for the first game, but the other two could go either way. Much as I love watching France play, I shall be cheering on England on Saturday!

5plusn8
    Free Member

Don’t waste your breath, England will get beaten hard on saturday.

mrhoppy

Don’t waste your breath, England will get beaten hard on saturday.

This, England barely squeaked past France 3rds in the autumn and they were playing reasonably well then. The way they’re going at the moment it could be a humping.

I keep hearing/seeing England described as a team in transition but I’m struggling to see where they’re transitioning? It looks like the majority of the same players, the only transition appears to be from them having form to being bang out of it yet EJ is still picking them despite better options available because he’s stubborn.

Kryton57

Even worse new , EJ has confirm subject to fitness 70% of this team will be be in the RWC.

You can thank us later for relinquishing that space on behalf of the rest of the home nations.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

Wales team to face Italy: Liam Williams; Louis Rees-Zammit, George North, Jonathan Davies, Josh Adams; Dan Biggar, Gareth Davies; Wyn Jones, Ken Owens, Tomas Francis, Cory Hill, Alun Wyn Jones, Josh Navidi, Justin Tipuric, Taulupe Faletau.

Replacements: Elliot Dee, Rhys Carre, Leon Brown, Jake Ball, Aaron Wainwright, Lloyd Williams, Callum Sheedy, Uilisi Halaholo

wales have named their team early. pleased to see we’ve kept some consistency, but feel sorry for beard as i thought he was great last week. hopefuly see sheedy on with plenty left on the clock, get the backs firing and hopefully catch italy as they start to wane a little

5plusn8
    Free Member

Even worse new , EJ has confirm subject to fitness 70% of this team will be be in the RWC.

You can thank us later for relinquishing that space on behalf of the rest of the home nations.

Oh dear.

anagallis_arvensis

feel sorry for beard as i thought he was great last week.

I can only think he’s picked up a knock!

whytetrash

Seriously strong and consistent selection there… wins for Wales,Ireland and probably France this weekend

onehundredthidiot

It’s a bit strange from EJ. Surely you sacrifice this 6N bring in some fresh blood, try a new younger squad. Let’s face it the big game front row is creaking now, Billy V is inconsistent, there’s a lot of youngster back doing great things.

Get Simmonds in at 8. He’s too scared of losing his job because the suits want wins and world rankings, never mind that a fresh team could win WC.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,281 through 1,320 (of 2,190 total)

The topic ‘Rugby 2020 – 2021 Season’ is closed to new replies.