Viewing 40 posts - 1,321 through 1,360 (of 2,190 total)
  • Rugby 2020 – 2021 Season
  • Kryton57

England:

15. Max Malins
    14. Anthony Watson
    13. Henry Slade
    12. Owen Farrell
    11. Jonny May
    10. George Ford
    9. Ben Youngs
    1. Mako Vunipola
    2. Luke Cowan-Dickie
    3. Kyle Sinckler
    4. Maro Itoje
    5. Charlie Ewels
    6. Mark Wilson
    7. Tom Curry
    8. Billy Vunipola
    FINISHERS
    16. Jamie George
    17. Ellis Genge
    18. Will Stuart
    19. Jonny Hill
    20. Ben Earl
    21. Dan Robson
    22. Ollie Lawrence
    23. Elliot Daly

Daly and Hill gone to the bench, and Ollie Lawrence back on it. Otherwise, its the same ‘ol. I’m not excited TBH. There a lot of people here who need better performances.

onehundredthidiot

How long have youngs and Robson got as sharp 9s? But there’s a few in the Gallagher who would come on great guns in the England squad.

Odogwu, young Watson/Joseph.

tjagain

Do you think Farrell has compromising photos of EJ or something? Picked at 12 again. I wonder if ford will keep bypassing him to get the ball moving?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

FINISHERS

FFS

gauss1777
    Free Member

I’m still super excited for this weekend’s games.

Italy v Wales. Not many are rating the Wales team highly, but putting their wins down to luck. So, with the strong team they’ve announced a 12:66 win should be enough to cause a rethink.

England v France. Whilst a number of their tries have been questionable with forward passes and leaps into the air etc, England have shown they are threatening in attack. If France have been thrown off their game by the Covid disruptions it could be enough to give England the edge. So I’m going for a hopeful 22:18

Ireland v Scotland. Hopefully the Covid disruptions and the defeat to Wales will not distract Scotland’s focus and they can live up to their recent hype. Fingers crossed for a 13:19 Scotland win.

Just to be clear, I would not suggest anyone place any bets on these results ; )

loum
    Free Member

I’ll take the the underdogs, Italy,France, Ireland then.

Just to be clear, in not suggesting anyone else place any bets on these results.
    😉

loum
    Free Member

Just to be clear, in not suggesting anyone else place any bets on these results.
    😉

loum
    Free Member

😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My totally scientific predictions. Bet your house on these.

ITAvWAL 10-44
    ENGvFRA 18-25
    SCOvIRE 24-22

Kryton57

CFH, if England score as many as 18 or more I’ll wear your shoes for a week.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😁

tjagain

I’ll be suprised if Scotland beat Ireland

gauss1777
    Free Member

I’ll be suprised if Scotland beat Ireland

This surprises me, I believed you when you said following the England game:

Fabulous win! its been a long time coming but that is the true potential of this Scotland team

So, I’m sticking with Scotland for the win. C’mon Scotland! Then if England beat France…

gauss1777
    Free Member

gauss1777
    Free Member

So I’ve got some new rose-tinted specs and I’m fully in (never seen before) optimistic mode. I have decide Wales’ tries will be:

L Williams 1
    Zammit 2
    Adams 2
    North 2
    G Davies 1
    Wainwright or Tipuric 1

Have the other teams been announced yet?

tjagain

Gauss – I think for Scotland its actually easier to beat England than Ireland and recent stats bear that out IIRC.

I also think the loss to Wales will be a big psychological blow that makes it harder to win a close game

gauss1777
    Free Member

Gauss – I think for Scotland its actually easier to beat England than Ireland and recent stats bear that out IIRC.

I also think the loss to Wales will be a big psychological blow that makes it harder to win a close game

I agree with that tj, but whilst Ireland are a good team, there’s little to separate Scotland and Ireland. Ireland still seem a little toothless. Now is the time for Scotland to step up. They cannot let a close loss to Wales affect their game, Ireland didn’t. It will be no good Scotland supporters complaining when only Hogg gets chosen for the Lions if they get so adversely affected by one loss.

Scotland main problems imho are their decision making at the time of penalties and their accuracy in the final few metres.

onehundredthidiot

Ireland’s game management around 8,9,10 will win them the game. Unfortunately

loum
    Free Member

15. Hugo Keenan (UCD/Leinster) 9
    14. Keith Earls (Young Munster/Munster) 91
    13. Garry Ringrose (UCD/Leinster) 33
    12. Robbie Henshaw (Buccaneers/Leinster) 50
    11. James Lowe (Leinster) 5
    10. Jonathan Sexton (St. Mary’s College/Leinster) (capt) 97
    9. Jamison Gibson-Park (Leinster) 8
    1. Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster) 107
    2. Rob Herring (Ballynahinch/Ulster) 19
    3. Tadhg Furlong (Clontarf/Leinster) 47
    4. Iain Henderson (Academy/Ulster) 61
    5. James Ryan (UCD/Leinster) 34
    6. Tadhg Beirne (Lansdowne/Munster) 20
    7. Will Connors (UCD/Leinster) 8
    8. CJ Stander (Shannon/Munster) 49

Replacements:

16. Ronan Kelleher (Lansdowne/Leinster) 9
    17. Dave Kilcoyne (UL Bohemians/Munster) 41
    18. Andrew Porter (UCD/Leinster) 35
    19. Ryan Baird (Dublin University/Leinster) 1
    20. Jack Conan (Old Belvedere/Leinster) 18
    21. Conor Murray (Garryowen/Munster) 88
    22. Billy Burns (Ulster) 6
    23. Jordan Larmour (St. Mary’s College/Leinster) 27

loum
    Free Member

Scotland: Hogg (capt); Maitland, Harris, Johnson, Van der Merwe; Russell, Price; Sutherland, Turner, Nel; Cummings, J Gray; Ritchie, Watson, M Fagerson.

Replacements: Cherry, Bhatti, Berghan, Gilchrist, Haining, Steele, H Jones, Graham.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Just seen a fixture list for the Lions/SA.

Not in SA.

Not sharing yet…

duckman

We are a decent 8 away from having a knarly set of forwards there. Nel getting on a wee bit but I shouldn’t imagine scrummaging against him is much fun. Now if only Sam Simmonds had a Scottish Grandpa.

tjagain

Apart from Gilcrest on the bench and what did kebble do wrong?

duckman

tjagain
    Apart from Gilcrest on the bench and what did kebble do wrong?

Not be as good as the guys picked?

Twodogs

Just seen a fixture list for the Lions/SA.

Not in SA.

Not sharing yet…

the one circulating on Twitter?

Spud

Wales by a lot; France by 7; Ireland by 3.

anagallis_arvensis

Wales by 10+ ( I hope)
    The others really are tough to call I’ll go Scotland by 3-5 and France by similar

gauss1777
    Free Member

I like to see Italy do well, but not today thank you.

C’mon Wales. It’s time for things to click.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Wales by 10+
    France by 10+
    Ireland by 5+

molgrips
    Free Member

That was a lovely pass for that try.

akira

Well that’s the tiny glimmer of hope for Italy gone.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Lots of love for Josh Adams.

5plusn8
    Free Member

This shows the quality of the welsh side, it took Eng a lot longer to get on the scoreline.

gauss1777
    Free Member

What a beauty!

– almost

anagallis_arvensis

Bloody refs 😉

Not much of a match is it…

whytetrash

Pensions looking safe😉

5plusn8
    Free Member

Its always small margins make massive differences, if you could measure performance accuratly, then I bet wales are probably only 5% better, but you only need 1% to beat your man, so if they are 5% then they just look bloody awesome.

fazzini

Historically the Italians played some lovely rugby, and, every now and then show glimpses of this. If Wales keep going they will get walloped in the 2nd half. Surely now is the time for one of the other European nations to get a go in the 6 nations. As a staunch England man, apologies to my Welsh relatives, its about time that Georgia/Spain/Romania etc or preferably Japan (not European I know but very exciting) got a chance to replace England. Fed up with ‘boring’ rugby. 🤣 I’d love to support Wales and can’t wait for the crowds to return. The national anthem followed by Bread of Heaven still gets the hairs on the neck standing up.

tjagain

Georgia are way behind italy and romania are even further.

I do think there is a good case for treating Georgi as Italy were – 5 years plus playing 3 games against 6N teams every autumn then when they have a few wins bottom place in the 6N plays off against top of the 2nd tier 6n ( which is usually georgia)

If you think Italy are poor then Georgia would be even worse

molgrips
    Free Member

As a Wales fan, it’s going to be really difficult to pick a side in the next match!

Viewing 40 posts - 1,321 through 1,360 (of 2,190 total)

The topic ‘Rugby 2020 – 2021 Season’ is closed to new replies.