Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 1,696 total)
  • Rugby 2019 – 2020 Season
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well, that was awful. England really looking like world beaters again though.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Not so bad for Scotland, another bonus point to keep them ahead of Italy.

BruceWee

Scottish showing their class booing the kicker

Hey, we’ve got Jiffy in the house. Don’t forget to stay weirdly silent when they do the same thing in the Millenium Stadium.

akira

Ah that’s heckling that’s fine I imagine. Not sure anyone really enjoyed that. The weather was the definite winner out of the three sides.

IdleJon

Potential trivia question – when was the last time anyone scored a try against Scotland without the Scottish players going in for some afters?

It’s boring, and more than a little pathetic.

Also, if you kick a penalty three minutes from time, with the aim of scoring a try to win the game in the remaining minutes, you need to keep hold of the ball, not waste it by kicking it poorly.

tjagain

idlejohn – I think you will find its reaction to something else that happened.

BruceWee

It’sI’m boring, and more than a little pathetic.

FTFY

crikey
    Free Member

Jesus. A real watching paint dry experience.

Either side will get hammered by NZ or SA when the time comes.

OOh, the weather! It’s rugby, deal with it.

squirrelking
    Free Member

England really looking like world beaters again though.

Really? I mean it was a good try and they utterly steamrollered us but I’d hardly say they are world beaters on a 7 point win.

OOh, the weather! It’s rugby, deal with it.

Are you for real? 46mph gusts over there with 29 constant. Aye deal with it…

IdleJon

M
    BruceWee

It’sI’m boring, and more than a little pathetic.

FTFY

That’s about the same level of maturity that your players show. 😘

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m boring, and more than a little pathetic.

Irish ref and TMO for tomorrow’s game. Plenty of time for him yet.

duckman

Bruce…he is trying to get a rise out of you. The master race won and now the likes of Genge,Farrell, itoje and marler aren’t irritating, they are plucky, stout yeomen.

BruceWee

That’s about the same level of maturity that your players show. 😘

Well, that’s clearly not a boring or pathetic comment. That’s me told.

tjagain

I read the “world beaters” comment as sarcasm

A really poor game from two sides devoid of any guile or craft.

tjagain

One area of skill englands defensive lineout. the only good thing in the game

BruceWee

I really don’t see a way out for Scotland TBH. Toonie going is not going to help matters. Dodson going might but that ain’t happening so we’re ****, basically.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I read the “world beaters” comment as sarcasm

No, I really really mean it. Not only on the pitch, but as Genge showed with his deep insightful interview and Eddie with his limitless class in his, they’re world beaters off it too.

tjagain

I agree Bruce. Townsend is no international coach and he is squandering the best squad we have ever had

BruceWee

I agree Bruce. Townsend is no international coach and he is squandering the best squad we have ever had

Read my post again. Townsend going won’t make any difference.

Actually, that’s not true. We’ll get the same bump we do every time we get a new coach before we settle back to this turgid shite.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Also, if you kick a penalty three minutes from time, with the aim of scoring a try to win the game in the remaining minutes, you need to keep hold of the ball, not waste it by kicking it poorly.

I thought that as well. The commentary said they should have gone for the corner, but I thought they made the right decision, as getting a try could easily have taken them beyond the 80 min. They kicked the penalty, giving themselves a glimmer of hope, then have England the ball. Confusing.

akira

Wasn’t a good game to watch and I imagine it wasn’t a great game to play. Would rather lose a good one game than a messy game like that. Think Ireland or Wales have looked most impressive so far and can’t see past them for the win.

loum
    Free Member

Hogg dropped the ball over the tryline for the game again.
    Where’s his little celebration this week?

tjagain

Disagree Bruce – a decent coach would get better out of the p-layers. Townsend is not that man. We have the talent but not the tactics

BruceWee

Disagree Bruce – a decent coach would get better out of the p-layers. Townsend is not that man. We have the talent but not the tactics

I can’t see us persuading Gatland to take the job so who do you have in mind?

Pretty much every Scottish coach has people calling for his head after three years. The main reason we have people saying we should bring back Cotter (who thankfully is unavailable so we don’t have to go up that blind alley again) is because he left before he got to three years.

Seriously, who’s next for the cycle?

TimP
    Free Member

idlejohn – I think you will find its reaction to something else that happened.

Go on…..

ransos
    Free Member

A really poor game from two sides devoid of any guile or craft.

I thought they played pretty well, given the conditions.

tjagain

I would be looking for a young ambitious coach from the super 15. LIke the Japanese did.

We should not have got rid of cotter when we did. townsend is clearly not ready and the team performances have gone backwards at a rate of knots under him

But it looks like we are stuck with him now for the year at least. I almost want the wooden spoon so he has to go and then we will not waste any more time with him

anagallis_arvensis

Anyway Hogg is shit Lamour my new 15 man crush. Ireland dispensed with Kearney at least 2 years too late.
    North needs some time away from the welsh team. 1/2p Adams and Mcnicol for next game.

mindmap3
    Free Member

The Scotland England game was pretty bloody dire, not helped by some diabolical weather. Fair play to the fans for sitting through that game and that weather. Jesus.

England did what they needed to do, but the lack of ambition was frustrating. After Farrell missed 500 kicks at goal, why not go for the line out and try and drive over?

What the frigging hell were Scotland thinking in the first half when they had the wind? Their tactics were bloody wrong.

dantsw13

One of the comments at 1/2 time was sometimes it was easier into the wind, as the ball held up to chase on to. Both teams struggled to kick with the helping wind.

dantsw13

The refs interpretation of “straight” at line out was interesting. In the first half, every time an English throw bent their way on the wind, he pinged them. In the second half, every throw Scotland managed to catch was exactly the same but he let them all go.

The first kick off of the game the Scotland chasers were yards offside – hence they managed to get to May even though the ball flew all the way deep into the 22.

I think Gauzerre fancied being out there even less than the hookers & kickers!

tjagain

What the frigging hell were Scotland thinking in the first half when they had the wind? Their tactics were bloody wrong.

Townsend

anagallis_arvensis

Poite made some interesting calls too. Biggar getting a turn over sat on his arse, then clearly knocking on but play on. The idea that the jackler should support his own weight has clearly gone out the window. POM would have had a field day a few years back when he was good. Cant begrudge Standers MOM but by **** Tips was immense for us.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I just **** love Furlong. He’s standing there – hands out. They know he’s coming with the ball and he just drags them all over the line. L’amour is looking good for the 15 Ireland have needed for quite some time.

gordimhor

England deserved the win, as TJ said their defensive lineout was good and some of their other forward play was effective at times. Scotland had nothing to offer in attack, gave away possession stupidly with kicks at the wrong time and too often were kicked beyond any hope of an effective kick chase.

Hastings was better than many of the Scots today but in my opinion we should get Russell back in for the next game. I think if anyone should go it’s Dodson but Gregors coat has to be on a shoogly peg too, the lack of an obvious affordable alternative is the biggest factor in his favour

duckman

Russell interview coming in tomorrow’s times, he isn’t coming back.

BruceWee

Finn Russell breaks silence for the first time since Scotland walk-out

You just know what’s going to happen. The SRU’s authority has been challenged and all challenges to the SRU must be met with the same response. Pissing Contest!

Dodson is now going to back Townsend to the hilt, regardless of results or any other ‘incidents’ with players.

We might as well settle in because it’s going to be a few years before we see any changes to the Scotland set up.

tjagain

Aha! Much as expected. Its an utter disaster and Townsend must go

BruceWee

Dodson has to go. The entire culture at Murrayfield has to change but I don’t see that ever happening.

It’s shite being Scottish.

tjagain

Its even more shite to be an adopted scot from the west country. I could have been an England and Bath fan and won a few things.

Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 1,696 total)

The topic ‘Rugby 2019 – 2020 Season’ is closed to new replies.