• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by nofx.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rst 181 24″ MTB forks?
  • nofx
    Free Member

Would the 181s be ok for a part time 7 year old MTBer? Our little un had a major off about a month ago. I’m trying to blah him back onto an MTB by building him up a nice used Trek. He’s got autism, Asperger’s etc. So I’m sorting out a bike that’ll fit him better than his 20″ wheeled spesh. The forks on the bike are fuggered 😞. I want to get his confidence back up to where it was. He was following me on damp grass, I hit the brakes,he hit the brakes too hard & span span out. The end of the bars got him in the chest and armpit. Thank god I’d fitted bar plugs the night before 😳. He went down so hard that the back wheel got moved in the frame. Anyone,has anyone had experience with the 181s? Tia 😊

Poopscoop

Glad the little fella’s ok mate!

Tbh…. He’s 7, the forks will be fine.

nofx
    Free Member

Cheers mate 😊. I’ll I’ll measure up the fuggered forks in the morning & get on & order the 181s if they’ll fit 😁

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I’m selling some RST F1rst Airs soon, which are great little 24″ forks

ads678

TBH I wouldn’t bother, just googled them and they weight a ton* and will probably not do a great deal. If your going to fit suss forks so he can go actual mtbing find some air forks like the RST F1rst Air 24, will be a load more expensive but they actually work. Some people have had success removing one of the springs so the forks are only working on one to make them more supple for littleuns. Otherwise just fit rigid forks that will be a load lighter.

*assume it these

Glad your son is ok though, sounds a nasty crash.

nofx
    Free Member

Cheers guys. I’ve never known anyone to shift a back wheel in a crash. I know it was tight because it was me who did it up. I’m a chronic pedant with the MTBs. Every single thing has to be perfect. I set up a mate’s little un’s Halfords special last Xmas. The poor sod was used to having V brakes that barely work. On Xmas morning she grabbed the brakes as normal & went straight over the bars 😬. She was fine though. The forks on the bike at the mo are suntours. They’re working intermittently. I’ve ordered the 181s. I’ll have a fettle with them once they’re fitted. Cheers for the replies 😊

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Rst 181 24″ MTB forks?’ is closed to new replies.