Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • RS Yari travel rebound query ?
  • iainc

I have fairly new Yaris on my Bird HT, which hasn’t been used much over the summer and was new last December (full build).  I noticed last night that they don’t rebound the last 5 mm or so to the top of their travel – not noticeable when riding, but when I lift the front of the bike I feel them coming up the last little bit when unweighted.  Not sure if this is a sign of something needing sorted, or normal ?  they are 130mm travel, 1 token, 80 PSI and rebound is 8 clicks of fastest.  I have tried adjusting the damper and it is still the same, and i put some extra air in and made no difference.

Thanks

geex
    Free Member

5mm or so of sag while sat at rest is pretty normal for Lyriks. So I’d imagine same to be true with the Yari being pretty much the same fork albeit with different damping internals.

joebristol

Probably the effect of the negative spring which is what helps overcome the friction in the air spring seals to get things moving over small bumps. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with your forks.

iainc

good stuff, thanks for that !  having not used the HT through the long dry summer I couldn’t remember if they were like that before, cheers !

geex
    Free Member

Poor wee hardtail

Lummox

Just converted my brand new yaris to 130mm, exact same thing happening albeit with greater pressures.

So if brand new are doing it yours should be fine.

iainc

Poor wee hardtail

I know, proper neglected it’s been 🙂

It was last used in April methinks, but was put away clean and lubed with Fork Juice on stanchions and dropper, and stored in my nice warm integral garage though !

Nice to get it out on a dark, muddy, slippery ride last night mind you !

iainc

hadn’t thought about the negative spring keeping it back a little, makes sense, thanks

iainc

Had a wee look earlier, seems perfectly normal as suggested, that’s good !

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=195160

joemmo
    Free Member

I think that post is talking about something a bit different that can occur if you assemble the fork with it compressed. AFAIK it’s normal for it to sag a little under the bikes own weight. My Yari does this and it’s more noticeable since I fitted a debonair shaft and extended it to 140

iainc

Ah, ok thanks, wasn’t sure it the link was more about the sticking down due to negative chamber getting mixed up – I had that a few yrs ago on a Reba Solo Air. Good to hear  though that sitting at 4 or 5% into the sag is normal when unweighted.

Scamper
    Free Member

Perfectly normal apparently. Think it’s the natural weight of the bike compressing on the forks. When the fork rebounds on the trail unweighted  the chances are you get back the missing travel.

iainc

Great, thanks

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘RS Yari travel rebound query ?’ is closed to new replies.