Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Route suggestions, Bowness Windermere
  • ijl1969
    Free Member

Heading to the Lakes Feb half term for an extended family bash and have tentatively persuaded the other half that a good idea take the bike 🙂

So any ideas for routes out of Bowness? Imagine I can get away for a few hours so all suggestions or even GPX’s very welcome

Cheers

theturl

Claife Heights starts from Bowness and is a cracking ride, google “classic lakes mtb rides“and there are details and gpx.

boxelder

Search Jennride GPX – any year will give ideas. Car ferry across to Claife shore to start

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Garburn Pass is pedallable from Bowness, loughrigg and on to little langdale and tilberthwaite, back over iron keld. But yeah Claife heights into grizedale is probably best bang for your bucks

ijl1969
    Free Member

Thanks all will have a peruse, Claife heights sounds like a good plan 👍

ebennett

Two I did last year, can easily be stitched together:

Easy one round Claife Heights

Bigger one, got a bit lost I think towards the end coming back towards the Ferry, ended up wandering around some fields that didn’t look very bridleway-ish!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Definitely ferry to Sawrey, Claife Heights down to Hawkshead, pedal up into Grizedale and do something up there (pickup the NFT back to the visitor centre for a brew), climb up to Parkamoor and then down to Satterthwaite, Breasty Haw, Devils Gallop and a spin on the back road back to the ferry. Loads of options around there though – a personal fave location. We’re thinking about a few days away at Feb half term so I may look for something around there too!

tomaso
    Free Member

Up Jenkins Crag around Troutbeck over Garburn and back round over High Borans and Troutbeck and Jenkins to finish. That would save on ferries.

Rode Claife and Grizedale laet night and it was full of giggles. The Troutbeck ride has its moments, but it lacks the giggle factor.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Route suggestions, Bowness Windermere’ is closed to new replies.