Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • rooting, but mainly removing Orange bloatware HTC Desire
  • BobaFatt
    Free Member

I know a few guys have rooted their android phones on here, I’m looking for a place to start

I’ve not been able to retrieve my messages or photos this morning because my phone is chomping through its memory. I’ve backed up my contacts and what not and rebooted the phone, but I’m thinking of taking the next step and rooting the phone.

Anything I should know? more importantly I want to follow someones method that can be trusted and is known to work.

Cheers

Cougar

First thing to note is there’s two different methods for the Desire – unrevoked and revolutionary – depending how new it is. So what worked for me might not work for you.

http://androidforums.com/desire-all-things-root/503471-desire-all-things-root-guide.html

I think I documented what I did as I did it. I’ll check when I get home.

exilegeordie
    Free Member

I recently followed the instructions as posted by Cougar using Revolutionary based on the fact that I was running the stock 2.2.3 ROM. In addition to the software mentioned in that thread, I also needed to download the likes of the JDK as well to get stuff running on the PC to support the S-OFF process. By good luck, more than good judgement I think, it all turned out OK and I’m currently running Cyanogenmod 7.1 which has significantly improved battery life and improved internal memory availability.

Cougar

Rah.

It’s worth mentioning too perhaps that it’s really difficult to irreversibly ‘brick’ a Desire (or indeed, most Android phones). Take your time and you’ll be fine.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘rooting, but mainly removing Orange bloatware HTC Desire’ is closed to new replies.