• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rocky Mountain owners
  • GolfChick
    Free Member

Had a quick look at these at Ard Rock and think they’re really nice looking bikes so I’m considering demoing one along with the new bronson, mojo hd4, pivot Mach 6 and maybe an intense. Looking up dealers they’re really few and far between. I’m based in kidderminster and my closet and most convenient is Wrexham! I’m just wondering if anyone owns one and has had dealings with warranties and trying to get a demo? Last bike has lasted me 5 years and this one has to be similar.

ryder
    Free Member

I Have the Powerplay (electric Altitude) and had a problem with the motor. Replacement was with my LBS in 2 days so they seem pretty responsive.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Only in Australia which had a really poor distributor who were ripped a new one by Rocky Canada over a few things my mate was having problems with. He got a brand new carbon slayer frame to replace the 4 1/2 year old heavily abused one he snapped.

stevied
    Free Member

Give zerobikes a shout, they’re near Ledbury (a few miles off the M50). They are RM stockists but don’t know what demo bikes they have:

https://www.zerobikes.co.uk/en

GolfChick
    Free Member

Ahh nice one cheers. Good bike shop recommendation is much appreciated! Sounds like good reports so far. Shame that it doesn’t have QR axles front and back. I’d be looking at the altitude.

shipton47
    Free Member

Ive had to use their warranty for new seat and chain stay, they lent me spares whilst new ones were getting sprayed in Canada and received them quickly. I have a Altitude and my wife has a instinct, TBH I keep looking at a thunderbolt as dont really need that much travel. Greenover have been great, when i needed to get bits sorted did some through LBS who werent a RM dealer and no issues. From what hear Setchfield (wrexham) are good dealers.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Shame that it doesn’t have QR axles front and back. I’d be looking at the altitude.

Certainly not a shame, QR front and rear on that bike would be bad!!

Trekster

Had an Altitude for a couple of years, great bike. Changed the original shock linkage for the later grease port one with parallel bushing as opposed to the tapered ones. If there is a weakness it is these bushes, rather they were bearings. Had to replace the main pivot bushes a couple of times, need to check bolt is tight regularly.

DezB
    Free Member

I had some warranty issues with mine, wasbought from Tredz, many miles away from me. Wasn’t ideal, but they sorted things out through the distrubutor (Silverfish, I think, ironically, driving distance from me 🙂 )

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Rocky Mountain owners’ is closed to new replies.