Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rockshox sid ultimate removing remote lever
  • akira

Only pair I can find is with the remote lock out, since I think it revert to open and I never lock out my forks, I’m thinking I can just remove the remote? This is only until the small knob adjuster comes back into stock in the UK or any shop that will ship to the UK, so 2023 or something I’m guessing.

lawman91

If Rockshox are still stupid, I think they revert to fully locked out if you just remove the lockout? Are they the latest 35mm Sids?

akira

Yeah looking at 35 sid ultimate, obviously it’s not the kind of information they make easy to find.

snotrag

Have a look at what a version with the same damper but no lockout uses at the top of the leg, you might be able to purchase the alternate top cap/adjuster and swap it over (then you have a full lockout kit to sell too!).

akira

Ah snotrag that part is currently unavailable except from a few European sites who don’t want to send to the UK, stupid brexit.

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

I have some sids without a remote lockout. I enquired about upgrading to a lockout and have been informed that they have different dampers so it’s not a straight forward swap – £££

akira

I know the older sids needed damper replaced but looking at the specs it looks like the race day damper is the same for remote and fork lock out.

continuity
    Free Member

If you don’t need a remote lockout why are you buying SIDs? Pikes aren’t that much heavier and you get a proper damper then?

akira

New sids are awesome, ideal for light trail build and funky blue. Also I don’t want to wait five months to buy forks.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox sid ultimate removing remote lever’ is closed to new replies.