Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Rockshox Revelation vs Sektor?
  • thorpey0
    Free Member

I know the Sektor is a cheaper Revelation, is the Rev worth £80 more than a Sektor for trail riding? What are the differences between the 2? Stanchion size?

If so…. Is the Pike worth £100 more than the Revelation…. 😉

submarined
    Free Member

What year? I had a 2016 Sektor Gold that I swapped for a 2016 Pike RCT3.
    It is a better fork in every single way.

Main reason I swapped was that the chassis of the Sektor was really twangy, even with my scrawn. Pike is infinitely better, much plusher (I fitted a Debonair air spring) and the damping circuit feels so much more controlled.

jjprestidge
    Free Member

Revelation has been 35mm for a while so is much stiffer than the Sektor. Damper is similar, but you can eventually upgrade the Revelation to a Charger 2.1 for about £150. You can’t do that on the Sektor.

JP

thorpey0
    Free Member

I’m looking at 2019, the price difference may well be worth it then. I am running 32mm on my full suss and would like to go to 35 on the new hardtail I am building….

Is there any difference between the Rev Charge RC and Revelation RC?

ta11pau1

Revelation all the way, they actually have an upgrade path, they’re basically a pike with a cheaper damper.

The charger version will be good, the motion control damper in the standard RC fork is a very basic damper which can be harsh over repeated hits

joebristol

Revelation always above the Sektor –
    Especially if it’s only £80 more. The Pike is again worth £100 more than a Tev RC, but if you don’t have the cash now you can always stick in a charger damper at a later date to make it effectively a Pike.

Rev charger rc has a better damper than the rc – although it’s not a full charger damper like the Pike.

thorpey0
    Free Member

Helpful, thanks folks!

endomick
    Free Member

I’d avoid sektors, I had some in 150mm travel, the fore/aft flex was worrying for hard riding, the difference between my Lyriks was huge.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Revelation vs Sektor?’ is closed to new replies.