Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rockpool beaches – North Wales
  • Stevet1
    Free Member

Howdy all, staying in Caernarfon for a few days and the kids want to go rockpooling. Have seen a few beaches recommended on Anglesey – Cable bay, Poth Nobla and a couple of others on the mainland – Black rock sands (slated for having to dodge cars but otherwise looks good?) and Pwllheli beach. Anyone got any comments of these beaches, or alternatives to look at within 30 mins of Caernarfon?
    Cheers.

ElShalimo

There must be lots of the Lleyn Peninsula

As kids we used to go near Trefor and Pistyll (North of Nefyn)

tewit
    Free Member

Setting off for Benllech on Anglesey tomorrow. Somewhere my parents took us pretty much every year and some great rock pooling (and crabbing) at the bottom of the cliffs below Golden Sunset campsite. You mentioned Porth Nobla near Rhosneigr was the other one that sprang to mind is great.
    Kids can’t wait. I can’t wait.😃

leonidbrezhnev
    Free Member

Closest to Caernarfon probably the Ynys Mon coastline between Malltraeth and Cable Bay (Porth Trecastell). Park at either Malltraeth or Aberffraw then walk around the headlands to loads of unspoiled and deserted beaches. Also take in Eglwys Cwyfan – a church on a tidal island near Ty Croes.
    For sandy beaches, Newborough is unparalleled, but the south beach gets busy and is pricey to park. Instead, park at the Malltraeth end car park and walk through the forest to the empty north beach.

beicmynydd
    Free Member

Borth y gest nr Porthmadog, on the way to Morfa Bychan aka Black Rock

Stevet1
    Free Member

Thanks for those suggestions, I’ll check them out.
    beicmynydd – are the cars on black rock as bad as the reviews make out? Or are they over-reacting as it looks perfect otherwise.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.