Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Robo-Mowers anyone got one?
  • dirkpitt74

So been mulling over a robo-mower as I’m lazy with cutting the lawn this time of year.
    Seen a few YouTube vids and the lower end models all seem to work on the same principle of random cutting and an edge guide wire.
    They all seem to be pet friendly so not worried about finding bits of dog spread over the garden……
    So has anyone got one?
    Looking at no more than £500.
    How does the guide wire and pegs stand up to the use of a normal mower for the first ‘big cut’ of the year?

akira

I’ve got an award winning musician who has competed in the boat race, yup a mobo-rower. Ah there’s my coat.

bearnecessities

Dad’s got one. Slightly more that £500 though.

It’s bloody tremendous, and weirdly you may start to think of it as a bumbling friend as it potters about diligently doing its job 🙂

damascus
    Free Member

What’s to stop someone stealing it?

twistedpencil

Robocop…

dmorts

If I had a bigger lawn I’d consider one. Finding a time when I’m free and it hasn’t rained or isn’t raining is tricky at the moment

bearnecessities

What’s to stop someone stealing it?

Pin numbers, GPS tracking and security badgers.

TiRed

Step father has one in a big garden and it’s great, even on inclines and over the dog deposits. We have them at work and they don’t seem to scare the indifferent rabbits who provide help.

If you buy one, don’t go cheap. It’s a new technology and there will be an innovators premium at this stage.

Also they don’t cut the grass like a traditional mower, very little and very often in random directions. So no stripes and 20 kilos of cuttings each week. Mulching is probably better for the garden too.

kayak23

Do they do a ride-on version?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Very popular here in Sweden. I hate the things mind you.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Robo-Mowers anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.