Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Roadbike BB help
  • carbon337
    Free Member

I have some FSA Gossamer cranks that use a MegaExo BB at the moment – I think its the:

FSA BB-6000 – Gossamer MegaExo Bottom Bracket (68mm)

Do I have to stick with this BB or is this interchangeable? I thought about just getting some new generic bearings but the tool kit to do it is about £30 so its probably just easier if i could throw in some Superstar BB or similar if thats an option.

Im not really very knowledgeable on BB’s especially not for roadbikes. A replacement ranges from £30-£50 depending on where I look.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Try rose bikes for Shimano BB’s. Sub £20 for an ultegra. I think it would be a straight swap and make sure you grease everything up when it goes back together.

LabWormy

I went through this a few months ago changing the cranks on a 2010 Kona Sutra.

That had a a MegaExo BB which which had a 19mm internal diameter. The Shimano standard seems to be 24mm.

Ended up with new everything from Ribble.

carbon337
    Free Member

Thats the kind of thing I was thinking but are FSA cranks compatible with Shimano BB’s

Had this as an issue on my Five with Race Face cranks and Hope BB not being compatible.

LabWormy

Look at this FSA data sheet BB

The diameter of the BB seems to be written on the cup bearing ends. If it says “24mm”, then the world is your oyster.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Or a nice Hope Road BB 🙂

CRC have an FSA sale ATM BTW if you want to stick with an FSA BB:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Brands.aspx?BrandID=141

carbon337
    Free Member

Think ill just chuck a 105 one in and see. They are only £11 online.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Roadbike BB help’ is closed to new replies.