Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Road rim brake pads – what’s good?
  • Garry_Lager

Fitted some swissstop pads recently and, whilst noticeably good, they honestly haven’t lasted six weeks. Put them through their paces, tbf, fat lad on a precursa in gritty wet weather. Plus urban commute so a lot of stop start with the lights. Any recommendations for something else to try that’s a bit more hard wearing?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

There’s different swisstop compounds which are supposed to be suited to various condition. IME they last fine but my road bike only sees rain once in a blue moon.

6 weeks isn’t so bad, at least the soft pads will be saving your rims!

Everything other than swisstop I’ve always found to be much of a muchnes in terms of power, appart from shimano oem which offer average power last 5 minutes.

This winter feels like it’s been particularly gritty on the roads (more big downpours and snow washing crap into the road?). In another 6 weeks it’ll be May and practically summer again.

I’ve a set of spare fibrax pads I’m reluctant to use as they’re hard as nails! Not sure if they’ve aged in my saddlebag or if they started like that.

simondbarnes

Would you rather have pads that didn’t slow you down very well and wore your rims out quickly?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Road rim brake pads – what’s good?’ is closed to new replies.