Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 149 total)
  • Road rage video
  • aracer
    Free Member

The cyclist is as much of a dick as the van driver.

My honest opinion

In which case you’re an idiot. There I’ve said it.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Yamyam is Brummie ?

Slight difference I seem to remember, my old mans from Walsall.

pingu66
    Free Member

aracer not read the facebook page you mention but certainly should take the opportunity to condemn the behavior if its the hubby and apologise rather than claiming its nobody to do with the business. So fair point, I don’t always cross reference other sites but thanks for pointing that out. Just makes it a little worse form than nipping it in the bud. If it had been me etc my OH would have put on facebook that I was being a complete tit but probably having a bad day, although I would like to think I would never behave like that in the first place.

DezB
    Free Member

I thought it was funny. He should dub some music on, send it to You’ve Been Framed and get £250.
    “Running” away after getting all lairy with someone isn’t the way to handle a situation. If you can’t back it up, don’t get lairy.

funkmasterp

I had an absolute arse of a van driver almost knock me off on my way back from the gym once. Slapped the side of his van to tell him I was there. He pulled over in front of me and got out, swinging his arms and swaying his fat belly, telling me he was gonna kill me blah…blah, so I threw the bike at him!

He did not expect that to happen at all. I guess I am saying if your willing to start with the aggressive behaviour, you damned well better be able to follow it through. Put up or shut up! If you can’t handle yourself don’t start acting like a fool.

scaredypants

Slapped the side of his van to tell him I was there

nah, sorry, that wasn’t why
    Otherwise, fair enough

funkmasterp

You got me 😳

Junkyard
    Free Member

The cyclist is as much of a dick as the van driver.

Debatable but only one of them has got of[out of] their vehicle chased someone down and then committed an assault on them.

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

This reminds me a bit about a TV program I was watching the other week about a young lad with Tourettes syndrome. From an early age, the lad was prepared by his parents and carers for for the fact that someone would probably stick one on him one day, for behaviour that he couldn’t help.

No, it isn’t right, and violent thugs should be dealt with robustly by the law. But they will always be out there (useful in times of war, if nothing else). It’s just a fact of life and the way we all conduct ourselves in public whether on a bike, in a motor vehicle or just down the pub should reflect the fact that we don’t always know who we’re dealing with.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ta aracer, just watched the vid.

Salutory lesson, no point in being antagonistic on your bike, if that hadn’t been on video nowt would have happened, and dare I say it, having a go at the wee twunt might have been the only way of getting a result.

alaslas
    Free Member

How many of you would seriously have given the oompahloompa a fair go back, in all honesty? He’s stocky, low centre of gravity, angry as a great ape and quite probably up to his gullet in Red Bull/Carling. There’s a reason for that swagger – he’s a thick-headed yob. You could throw commuter self-defence at his head all day and he’d still be coming at you. No?

bwaarp
    Free Member

How many of you would seriously have given the oompahloompa a fair go back, in all honesty? He’s stocky, low centre of gravity, angry as a great ape and quite probably up to his gullet in Red Bull/Carling. There’s a reason for that swagger – he’s a thick-headed yob. You could throw commuter self-defence at his head all day and he’d still be coming at you. No?

Meh if someone makes a move my mind goes blank and all I can think about is pummeling the guys head into the ground….it goes beyond conscious control once the first punch or push is thrown….

Doesn’t mean to say I’d win but whenever these things happen either I win or I get carted off.

Lifer
    Free Member

The complete package.

bwaarp
    Free Member

But I might add I’d never and never have had an altercation with anyone who doesn’t physically threaten me first.

The best thing to do is just to avoid giving people evil eyes and insults. Some people seem to spend their lives inviting violence.

Lifer
    Free Member

Do you get physically threatened a lot?

bwaarp
    Free Member

No not really… used to when I was younger in my home town, school…especially after rugby matches… and with my brother. We were competitive as hell… so we ended up scrapping a lot even till our late teens.

I might add that bloke would have punched you guys even if you tried to be nice and meek to defuse the situation, there are times when you should just get nasty. Unless that is you’re happy to take a beating that may or may not be brisk in the hope they go away. That kind of man is the kind of man who’s going to chase you up the street to hit you, no use running…stand your ground…shout and scream as loudly as possible to attract by standers and batten up the hatches.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Unless they have a knife, then running is a good idea.

ski
    Free Member

Salutory lesson, no point in being antagonistic on your bike

Pretty much sums it up.

bruneep
    peterfile
    Free Member

The problem with that little angry man, is that regardless of how you ended up annoying him, there will never be any logic or reason to the situation. You can’t rationalise or diffuse a situation like that, the guy was wound up and probably gets like that quite easily.

I’m sure that I have annoyed a heck of a lot of people throughout my life (both intentionally and unintentionally), but it is just good fortune that I have never annoyed someone who isn’t able to control his anger.

When I watched that clip, all I thought was that the cyclist was a bit unfortunate in that he annoyed a ****.

Clearly, from a moral/fairness perspective, the driver should have been floored/charged, but the reality is that some people are just better avoided altogether. If the cyclist had knocked into him in a pub, his instinct would have told him in about half a second that he was one to walk away from. That’s the problem with cars/vans, you’re effectively “bumping” into people all the time, but it’s like wandering around a pub with your eyes closed and hoping you don’t knock into the local maniac.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Meh if someone makes a move my mind goes blank and all I can think about is pummeling the guys head into the ground….it goes beyond conscious control once the first punch or push is thrown….

and you are studying to be a doctor…………..

brooess
    Free Member

Only one person broke the law there…

That’s the problem with cars/vans, you’re effectively “bumping” into people all the time, but it’s like wandering around a pub with your eyes closed and hoping you don’t knock into the local maniac.

Exactly. You don’t know whether you’re dealing with a bit of an idiot, a thug or a psycho… and there are different degrees of harm are likely to come to you depending on which of these you’re dealing with…

I had a driver try to run me off the road a few weeks ago (when I was driving) but I didn’t chase him down and try and start a fight.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Stupid white van drivers, when will they ever learn 🙄 .

jimmers
    Free Member

Video now removed for being too graphic on Youtube.

Crikey must be bad… Anyone know of any other links?

peterfile
    Free Member

It’s not graphic at all really jimmers.

Seems to be either the can driver or his company who keep reporting it (as you would I suppose!) to try and get it taken down.

miketually
    Free Member

Video now removed for being too graphic on Youtube.

Crikey must be bad… Anyone know of any other links?

It’s not that bad. The attacker and his wife/friends keep reporting the video to YouTube saying that it’s unsuitable, so it keeps getting taken down. A search for the reg number on You Tube should get you a mirror of it.

jimmers
    Free Member

Just seen, not read the other posts (busy day at work). Hope the perps get the book thrown at them.

Edit: Type the reg number into YouTube, there are now nearly 20 copies up there. Good stuff YouTube posters!

aracer
    Free Member

Here’s the link I’ve already given a couple of times in this thread, which still seems to work. Doesn’t violate YouTube policy at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehqBtcjOIc8

warton
    Free Member

hmm.

the van drivers a dick, think we’re all in agreement there.

The cyclist needs to make a call the first time the guy tries to get out the van.

1) I haven’t got the skillz to fight, get off the road, down a path the van can’t go down(there seems to be one on his right) or keep in the middle of the road until he can do this

2) Lets be having it mate, go a bit further down the road,get off bike double quick and try and get the first punch in.

the one thing he shouldn’t do is wait for the guy to catch him ,and then ride around in circles while being punched. but, that’s what he did.

wrecker
    Free Member

That’s a very cowardly attack. WVM knows full well that the cyclist can’t do anything on his bike. Rather than pushing him off and letting him get up before doing anything, he goes for the easy option. Little w***er.

MicArms

Just realised I ride past that shop to and from work.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

What I want to know is, when he saw that vehicle start to try and park, why didn’t he sit back and let it, instead of trying to jam his way past in front of the white van>?

Jam past – end result – embarrassing video. 🙄

miketually
    Free Member

Hope the perps get the book thrown at them.

The ‘perp’ had to write an apology letter and pay a small amount of compensation. That’s it.

allthepies
    Free Member

He made a mistake, something we’re all capable of. Didn’t warrant getting assaulted though.

mattrgee
    Free Member

From what I can see:

Car parking, van pulls out, van waits for car to park. Cyclist can’t be bothered to wait so pushes through while giving a condescending shake of the head. The van driver is probably a bit annoyed so the sound of the air horn is simply the excuse he was waiting for to do something about it.

Cyclist should have waited but that by no means justifies what the van driver did obviously.

Also, is the cyclist wearing jeans? A minor point but it might give us the opportunity to stereotype the cyclist as ‘not a proper cyclist’. He’s also using flats.

Just saying.

wrecker
    Free Member

Also, is the cyclist wearing jeans? A minor point but it might give us the opportunity to stereotype the cyclist as ‘not a proper cyclist’. He’s also using flats.

Brilliant. 😆
    That was meant to be a joke……….right?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

What tires for road rage?

craigxxl
    Free Member

Winter Ice Spikes of course for when you have to throw your bike at the attacker whilst you give legs down the street.

aracer
    Free Member

the one thing he shouldn’t do is wait for the guy to catch him ,and then ride around in circles while being punched. but, that’s what he did.

To be fair, he appears to have tried to do a tight turn to get away (one the driver couldn’t follow in the van), which might have worked if he’d done a rather better job of it. Though he does appear to have ridden straight past a couple of better escape routes.

Oh and definitely jeans and flats – which makes all the comments about fighting in bike shoes irrelevant.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Always amazing the number of folk on here or I assume ride a bike of some sort, who all seem to be looking to either blame the cyclist or pick holes in what seems to be a fairy obvious case of road rage and assault. The dude is on a bike ffs, nothing he does warrants being attack. And the under take while the car should be so minimally annoying that it shouldn’t even register on most peoples radars, never mind be used as some sort of mitigating factor or provocation for assault.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 149 total)

The topic ‘Road rage video’ is closed to new replies.