Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 149 total)
  • Road rage video
  • binkoth
    Free Member

People seen this one yet:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHukon1_9xo[/video]

Scary stuff and pretty mental that he isn’t being prosecuted.

samuri
    Free Member

I think there might be some more to this than we can see.

I’m not saying it’s in any way justified but antagonise stupid people in cars and they’ll come after you, that’s from experience. I reckon for the guy to stop and jump out so quick (and they actually meet three times) he’s either being making plenty of hand signals at him or they have history.

It’s pretty appalling that they haven’t pressed any charges though. That assault is completely and utterly damning evidence and yet nothing? Christ.

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

hmmm – from what I can see…

cyclist attempts ill-advised undertaking manoeuvre between van and reversing car. ends up cutting in front of van from undertaking position.

cyclist obviously set up for confrontation with helmet cam and stupid little compressed air horn.

hey presto – idiot van driver rubbed up the wrong way

100% avoidable

scaredypants

not quite clear to me why the bike went past the parking car before the van could – he’d chosen to “filter” and then his way was blocked. IMO it was the van’s road first, not the biker

Also, getting pwned by a oompaloompa ? 🙄

samuri
    Free Member

IMO it was the van’s road first, not the biker

Agreed. However, Grown ups simply don’t behave like that when something annoys them. The problem is allowing children in men’s bodies to operate heavy machinery. Make ’em ride a bike until they can pass an adult test of some description and then they’ll be allowed to drive a car. 😉

maccruiskeen

It’s pretty appalling that they haven’t pressed any charges though. That assault is completely and utterly damning evidence and yet nothing? Christ.

would be interesting what the longer term consequences are though. The guy’s business works with schools – a caution for assault would have show up on his CRB, I’m not sure what a ‘Local Resolution’ is so whether that would show up or not I’m not sure.

IMO it was the van’s road first, not the biker

the van didn’t have anywhere to go though – except half a car length to a queue of more stationary cars. The cyclist was filtering past him and might have surprised him by doing so but it wasn’t scoring any advantage by it.

scaredypants

Oh yeah, the oomploompa was in the wrong for overreacting. I just wonder whether biker was doing “something” to make the van wait while he pulled out in front of it

sadly extreme vehicular tetchiness is pretty much standard human behaviour, isn’t it ?

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

In my head* I’d like to think that if it was me, the moment a driver jumped out of the car at me, I’d jump off the bike, stash it out of the way and tidily incapacitate the driver before he took his first swing.

All of these kind of videos seem to end in a bit of ineffectual handbags followed by the lycra-crad biker sitting on top of a mangled bike whining for the police. surely your average cyclist must have a decent bit of strength, determination and short-burst anaerobic capacity over typical white-van-man?

*in my head I said. I’d probably sh!t it too….

wrightyson
    Free Member

You’ll never win unless you go toe to toe with twunts like that! He’ll just keep doing it to everyone who marginally upsets him until someone puts him clean on his arse!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Why didnt the cyclist just pummel him? Taught him a lesson, the **** wouldnt do it again.

aracer
    Free Member

I think there might be some more to this than we can see.

So what? I agree with others that the initial riding of the cyclist where he goes on the inside of the van and gets stuck behind the parking car is pretty poor and does inconvenience the van (even if the van was only driving up to the back of the queue), but that doesn’t excuse the subsequent behavior of the van driver at all – if anything I’d argue that behaving in that way due to that sort of provocation (or maybe hand gestures if there really were any) is just as bad as a completely unprovoked attack.

As for

cyclist obviously set up for confrontation with helmet cam and stupid little compressed air horn.

🙄

I have to admit I hadn’t realised the “one bite allowed” rule applied to assault as well as dogs – personally I think I’d have gone for the caution, as that does at least go on his record (and as discussed would screw up his job). It does seem somewhat baffling that he gets credit for admitting the offence given that he only does so when presented with the weight of evidence, having previously tried pretty hard to deny it.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Although thats true. Setting himself up, then acting like a whining little prick when the guy in the van has a go.

Should be ashamed of himself. Not a **** roadie, thats for sure. A little commuter bitch.

What would Hinault do!?

aracer
    Free Member

Setting himself up, then acting like a whining little prick when the guy in the van has a go.

😕 so only big hard blokes who can handle themselves should be allowed to use helmet cams?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Hinault wasnt tall!

epicyclo

Never pick a fight you can’t win. I think that’s roughly the core of most books on tactics.

pingu66
    Free Member

Should have knocked him clean n his retarded arse as soon as he showed any sign of agression.

He would not have been expecting it, as he probably goes through life bullying people, and probably pissed his pants.

However OK have your cam but why in this case, if you were assaulted or threatened and you have sufficient evidence go to the police, if they fail to do their job escalate. But I he should lose the bloody air horn!

aracer
    Free Member

Video now at

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehqBtcjOIc8[/video]

(I presume the perpetrator, his wife or one of his friends got the original taken down – there’s no way this actually breaches youtube terms).

Oh and what’s with all the negative comments about the cyclist – what exactly did he do to deserve that?

bwaarp
    Free Member

The guy was riding like a bit of a twit but he didn’t deserve that.

Aggressive little shits like that need putting in their place. I don’t think it’s very fair to label him a whining little prick, not everyone can handle themselves in a fight…I can to an extent and I don’t think I’d have any problem with that little scouser…but people shouldn’t be looked down upon because they can’t.

Gentle folk are what makes the world go round, even if some meek little git annoys you on the road….I think it’s utterly shameful to just get out your van and start smacking them. You should only pick fights with other people who are looking for a good fight, not with people who clam up like that.

Some shaved head 30 year old bloke stopped his car and had a go at my old man when we had to pull over because of a loose bike on the back. With things like “**** come over here so I can slap you mate”…my old man looked a bit shocked…so I get out and scream “Alrigt..you ****”….start walking towards him starng him down… and the little **** chickens out and get’s in his car and drives off.

I’ve had three run ins with aggressive shaved head white guys who’ve seen a 50+ year old guy in the car and thought they could have a go. Can’t stand them, most people are bullying cowards and only fight if they think they can win.

pingu66
    Free Member

@bwaarp

For what reason have you concluded he is a scouser as he does not have a scouse accent.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Manc? Sounded scouse with the speakers down low! I’ll listen again!

EDIT: Headphones, I apologize. Brummie sounds almost like a yamyam to my untrained ears.

piemonster

Regardless of whether the cyclist was at fault. The drivers response was totally OTT and deserves prosecution regardless of any provocation.

FuzzyWuzzy

Can’t say the cyclist did much wrong, OK slightly impatient but he waited a few seconds after the car reversed in and the van had plenty of time to pull around if he wanted to as there was no on-coming traffic at that point.

singletrackmind

WHy couldnt the cyclist simply ride away from the short little angry man?

It is totally obvious he is going to stop , get out and have a word.
    He has a passenger , maybe a colleague / family , to impress with his macho ways.

Let him stop and get out the van then turn round and ride off in other direction?

Cyclist did nothing wrong, so WVM needs a talking at by the police for that handbags incident.

anagallis_arvensis

First rule is only run if you are sure you can get away. If not stop get off your bike, if necessary pick up the bike and get it between you and the idiot.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Regardless of the final attack surely the bit where he carves in front and opens his door on the cyclist is enough for a due care/dangerous driving shout?

monkeychild
    Free Member

I really dont see the issue I would have made the same manouver. I permanently carry bombers so would have owned him ;). Mr van driver clearly has issues and his actions are shocking. I do like how the bus just sits there watching.

Lifer
    Free Member

Meh handbags on both sides but no-one deserved a pummelling for it.

boxfish
    Free Member

SPD shoe swiftly interfacing with WVM’s bawbag is what’s required there…in theory, of course. Wouldn’t condone such behaviour etc.

nealglover
    Free Member

Brummie sounds almost like a yamyam to my untrained ears.

Yamyam is Brummie ?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Bloody ridiculous little man!
    Absolutely no patience.
    See it all the time on lanes round here – I have a right to overtake cyclists, irrespective of other traffic or road conditions.
    There is absolutely no reason for the physical assault whatever the rider has done wrong.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Videos been removed again. Someone’s obviously getting twitchy..
    Sorry embedded video not linking now but it’s still there.

patriotpro
    Free Member

I can’t see why the cyclist jumps on his horn when the driver goes past?

To me it’s 2 massive over-reactions from the 2 people involved, it was inevitable that they were gonna end up in some kind of tussle, even if wasn’t with one another on that day.

pingu66
    Free Member

Well whatever he is he isn’t a scouser which is such an easy target and when listened to “with the speakers down low” you might expect someone would like to validate and verify their assumption rather than jump too conclusions.

It doesn’t change the fact that the driver was a tool even if the cyclist had agravated him in some way its a lot easier to just be a little annoyed and g about your business rather than starting t use your vehicle as a weapon.

PiknMix
    Free Member

The brummie/wolves accent definitely adds comedy value. Unessacary air horning and way ott violence.
    Not sure why the cyclist who is wearing a helmet doesn’t defend himself with his fists?

ianfitz
    Free Member

Two people being a bit silly is one thing.

But giving chase and jumping out your car to chase after a person you feel has ‘wronged you’ is quite another. If you have that little self control its a bit scary.

Silliness is not illegal. Common assault is.

I had a very similar situation a couple of years ago. I had dared to offer an open hand gesture (what are you doing type thing) to a 4×4 driver who clocked me in his mirror, saw me slowly (like walking pace) flittering up the inside at a traffic island queue – then put his left hand down to drive towards the curb. I had to stop and get on the pavement to avoid being driven in to.

He then caught up with me after he had driven the wrong way down a one way street and jumped out his car. I avoided him there but he finally caught up with me, in the end I decided to stop near a bus stop with people at it (witnesses) because the next road I was going on was fast dual carriageway and no way did I want to be encountering him at speed.

He ranted at me while I stood astride my bike asking him calmly to get back in his car. He swung at me and gave me a feeble right hook, which I blocked. I shouted at him at this point again telling him to get back in his car and go away, at this point I got off my bike and this was sufficient to get him to go.

He then proceeded to do a 7 point turn in his 4×4 while I borrowed a pen from a lady at the bus stop. Wrote down his number plate, and the distinctive sticker on his car.

A call to the police, a statement he was arrested and admitted hitting me. He took a caution for common assault. The police didn’t even want the details of witnesses they took my report at face value.

I work will people with Learning Disabilities and challenging behaviour. So I’m used to people exhibiting disturbed and or aggressive behaviour. We are well trained in how to manage this safely. Don’t get me wrong I’m no hard man, far from it, and I don’t like conflict or violence. Also happen to know the law as it relates to self defence and what is reasonable force.

aracer
    Free Member

Videos been removed again.

The link I gave is still there, just doesn’t embed (I think you realised that, but just to point out for anybody else).

To me it’s 2 massive over-reactions from the 2 people involved, it was inevitable that they were gonna end up in some kind of tussle, even if wasn’t with one another on that day.

Using a horn when somebody overtakes too close is directly equivalent to thumping somebody? 🙄 I suspect in the absence of an idiot in a white van who drives badly and uses his fists too readily the cyclist wasn’t going to get into any sort of tussle at all.

antigee

annoying move by cyclist, but not outrageous – should have waited or gone to outside but irrespective of any horn blowing / verbals / gestures – white van man chasing him down, running across road and hitting him is the sort of violent act that is an unacceptable reaction
    bus driver was presumably a witness

as to day to day – i try to ride like my hands are gaffer taped to the handlebars – plenty of angry and violent people around who will react and its not unpredictable behaviour – my guess woukd be the guy has history – its in the swagger at the end

globalti
    Free Member

The white van driver had already been blocked and probably annoyed by the parking car. Squeezing through then giving him the horn wasn’t a wise move; I’d have sat back and waited for the situation to sort itself out. The driver himself is short in stature and short guys are somtimes aggressive – it’s called a Napoleon Complex.

Mowgli
    Free Member

So does this guy work for Weird ‘N’ Wonderful Ltd or is the info in that youtube video wrong?

The driver was not charged. He was brought in for interview and initially claimed provocation, that I kicked his van and kicked him in the chest. He changed his story when told there was video evidence. He still claimed I kicked him and the van and only after the officer pointed out that she couldn’t see any of that, on his solicitor’s advice he finally accepted full responsibility.

Because he had no police record and admitted to the offence, under the ridiculous scoring system imposed on the police he was eligible for a caution. As the victim I was given the choice of the driver receiving a caution or I could accept a local resolution, the terms of which that I would receive an amount in compensation and a written apology. I’m far from happy about it but reluctantly accepted the resolution. *I don’t think the police are to blame* but the decisions made by Government departments that govern them. This was a violent, unprovoked attack that has no place in society and I’m very disappointed and angry that the driver will not face criminal consequences.

I was cycling along the A435 in Birmingham on 16 March 2013 and the driver pulled out ahead from a shop forecourt, straight into a queue. Held up by another driver making a hash of his parallel parking attempt I filtered through and went into a side road, eventually followed by the van. Due to parked cars on both sides and oncoming traffic the driver could not safely overtake. He passed too closely while gesturing at me and cut in sharp so I used my AirZound. He stopped in front of me and I, not wanting a confrontation, carried on and was almost taken out by his door as he got out.

He then tailgated me up the road. I’m never going to outrun a motor vehicle so attempted a U-turn in the next road where he caught me, landing blows across my back and neck as he dragged me across the road and eventually off the bike to the ground.

It’s bad enough that he did this to anybody at all but while wearing the company logo of Weird ‘N’ Wonderful Ltd to somebody recording their ride, this was particularly stupid.

FP07 KJN: WHITE, 2007 VAUXHALL COMBO 2000 CDTI 16V MPV

Logo on his top seems to match the one on the website

bails

I was the victim of an almost carbon copy attack a couple of years ago. Except I hadn’t done any slightly dodgy filtering. I was riding along on a quiet suburban road, (short!) bloke overtook too close across double solid white lines over a humpback bridge, as he came over the crest of the bridge he saw a car coming the other way so veered left and hit me.

He thought I’d kicked his car so stopped in the middle of the road as per the van in this vid, so I went around. Heard him revving after me so hopped onthe pavement to let him through. He got out, I was still astride the bike so unable to do anything when he launched himself at me. I fell, legs tangled in the bike, one arm trapped under my body while he punched me in the head and face seven or eight times.

I went to the police with the headcam footage (clearly I was asking to be attacked by using a cam…. 🙄 )

That was also West Midlands Police, and wasn’t even given the choice of a caution. It was just “We can get him to write a letter saying sorry, but we won’t bother doing any more than that. Also, there’s nothing wrong with the driving.”

It’s an absolute disgrace.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 149 total)

The topic ‘Road rage video’ is closed to new replies.