Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rize vs Prophet
  • matt_outandabout

Anyone ridden both and care to compare?

Rickos
    Free Member

Rize is said to be more all day XC orientated with steeper angles and ting, so depends on your bag.

matt_outandabout

Aye, it seems:

Rize – more pivots, but lighter, stiffer and marginally better climber.
    Prophet – single pivot, and better DH

glenh
    Free Member

I was very surprized (see what I did there!) to find out how much more a Rize seems to weigh compared to my rush when I picked one up in the shop.

Ben_Haworth

It depends what model Rize you pick up 😉
    The high-end ones are significantly lighter (and more expensive!)

Rize is an all-day XC ride bike.
    Prophet is better at more “ragging” type riding 🙂

glenh
    Free Member

True of course, but my Rush has a Lefty Max and deore + basic wheels and finishing kit, and still felt lighter than a £2k Rize.

mboy
    Free Member

There’s 2 degrees or more difference in the head angle. The Prophet is very much the more “fun” bike, and the Rize the more serious all day XC kind of bike.

Prophet is also significantly better VFM I’d say, but then its a frame design that has been around for a good few years now (with good reason I say). In fact, it has already been dropped in many international markets, including the US (do we get to keep it for 2010 still? I hope so!).

Weight wise, ally Rize is marginally lighter than a Prophet, but there’s not a huge amount in it. Only half a pound or so in the frame, a bit more in the componentry.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Well the rush is a 110mm marathon bike – I’d imagine the frame isn’t up to the same abuse as a rush…

glenh
    Free Member

My rush has 130mm both ends, does rocks, drops etc and it ain’t broke yet.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Rize vs Prophet’ is closed to new replies.