• This topic has 118 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 119 total)
  • Rivington Forum Ride/Pootle Sunday 9 th december with 10:30 start
  • D0NK

Me and Si should be there…now we’ve actually heard about it 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

Not worried Binners as our defence has shown itself to be nearly inpenetrable this year- its shored up like a castle.
    They need to win more than we do as they cannot afford to have us 6 points clear

I am confidently predicting goals and a sending off for Super Mario
    I did send you a text re the pootle DONK

D0NK

eventually 🙂
    I had spotted the thread a while back, was just waiting to see how long before we got an official invite 😉

xherbivorex
    Free Member

not sure if i’ll be there now- the gf managed to fracture her ankle on tuesday morning so she’s definitely out and i’ll need to help her out with a lot of stuff this weekend cos she’s essentially totally immobile at the moment (not coping well with being in a pot and on crutches for the first time ever!). i may pop up for part of the ride, but head back down to hers midway through or something…

sefton
    Free Member

cant get out until later in the day (by which time you’ll all be in the pub munching on graemes baked goodies)!

have a good un

nbt

Not seen graeme for ages – last I heard he was off to the alps. Anyone know if he’s ok?

EDIT – I see he posted yesterday so he’s still around at least! Will drop him a mail

binners

Forecast is for snow, then sleet, then heavy rain, then its going to freeze. Should keep things entertaining 😀

I can’t see Winter hill at the moment due to the enormous snow cloud presently hanging over it. I’ve ridden the San Merino in deep snow and its a right laugh!

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

Is anyone welcome to come on this ride/pootle?

binners

NO! **** OFF!!!

😉

Actually… has anyone filled in the forms for permission to ride on Loweys land?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Yes anyone can join just be there at the start

I have ridden the down from the Pike in the snow with DONK – it was a long push up that night to get there though.
    No lines no nothing everything just white – we survived but next time I might drink less sambukka [spelling?]

D0NK

sambuca, only spirit I had in the house when I was filling up the hipflask.

is hora coming?

Junkyard
    Free Member

He is down as a possible iirc and he is returning from somewhere- any wiser Binners?

binners

Given the reputation that proceeds him, lets just assume not

wors

Actually… has anyone filled in the forms for permission to ride on Loweys land?

Given the current state of his gut, and his Bike. He won’t be able to catch you 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

Are you coming wors?

wors

Are you coming wors?

No mate, i’m out on the piss Saturday, plus i take my lad to rugby on Sundays now so Sunday rides are out until May!

Junkyard
    Free Member

At least you are still pandering to northern sterotypes

D0NK

dunno what your talking about wors, loweys bike is always in fine fettle isn’t it?

binners

Wors – you in the Brewery in Rammy Saturday for post ride ales?

wors

Yes mate, be about 5 ish though i reckon.

binners

Cool. See you down there. I’ll be riding off a hangover Sunday by the looks of it then 😀

hora
    Free Member

Given the reputation that proceeds him, lets just assume not

Pot kettle….. 😉

I’m gonna try and make this (mainly to see what Hora looks like on a bike!)

I’m on the top of the first page with the fatface.

Heres me and Ton earlier

Junkyard- how long is the route? I’ve got two hours riding time available but should be ok to peel off at somepoint?

binners

We’ll have none of your stripping, young man!!!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Hora you will be able to get back within 2 hours without any issue- dont think this means its just a two hour ride folks as we need to ride a bit further so Binners reaches a pub 😉

In all honesty I have no route planned out as it depends what folk want to do and of course the weather

binners

I was banking on the usual mid ride pub stop at the Black Dog!

Just a weather update – the Belmont road, and the Darwen Road by blow job alley are both presently closed with abandoned vehicles, according to Radio Manchester! Think of all those poor doggers wearily trudging through the snow!!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Its flooded I assume given the weather this side rather than snow – get your mud tyres ready – we will stay on the hard stuff

Last time we tried that you were rather reluctant to leave iirc 😉

binners

Last time was in the middle of a bloody monsoon!!! 😉

Apparently it’s sheet ice underneath all this slush that’s the problem

simmy
    Free Member

Well looking over to Rivi today it seems to be clearing of the snow so hopefully it will not be covered In ice 😯

I’m looking forward to the Pootle, it will be my first so I will probably just wait by the car park as I’m gonna be riding over to get warmed up 8)

grum
    Free Member

It’s looking unlikely I’m going to make this one I’m afraid chaps. Feeling ok but I was going to get SWMBO along and she isn’t at all keen on riding when it’s icy, so I think we’re going to go for a (hopefully) snowy walk in th’Howgills instead. Have fun!

hora
    Free Member

Binners cancelled yet?

What are the trails up rivi like? Peaks was unrideable in parts today due to ice

Junkyard
    Free Member

what ice grum there is no ice here at all it is grippy and firm underfoot HONEST

Simmy what side you riding up from as some others are too

grum
    Free Member

Obviously I am incredibly skilled and very very manly, and can handle any conditions with consummate style and elegance, but having agreed to do something outdoorsy with the missus tomorrow, she really doesn’t fancy it I’m afraid.

Junkyard
    Free Member

will she not just MTFU 😉

E-mail me top try and sort out the wheel dishing tool if you want to borrow it

Esme
    Free Member

Grum, perhaps Mrs G would like to bring you to the Shecycles ride at Rivi on 30 December? Obviously, as you’re “very very manly”, you are only invited to open gates, mend punctures, and other menial tasks 😉

We rode at Rivi yesterday, and basically it was clear below the Japanese Gardens, but icy above that point.

simmy
    Free Member

Simmy what side you riding up from as some others are too

Coming up past the Reebok so not decided if I’m gonna go up Chorley New or go up New Chapel Lane, and across to George’s lane and drop down to the Barn

grum
    Free Member

will she not just MTFU

She would have to WTFU surely? There’s an outside chance. She’s not been on her bike for a while either after hurting her arm, and she’s not the most confident rider in the world.

Esme that sounds good, will try and pencil it in. I pride myself on my gate-holding skills. 🙂

hora
    Free Member

shecycles ride? muha muhahahaaar. (can I come?). SimonfBarnes taught me photography.

Its raining now so no icr tomorrow

Junkyard
    Free Member

Unless it is icy we will ride it 😀

LadyGresley
    Free Member

hora – Member
    shecycles ride? muha muhahahaaar. (can I come?).

Men are only allowed if they’re brought along by a shecyclist, and then only if they are well trained, well behaved, and open gates and buy cups of tea. 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Of course I’d well behaved. Noisy though.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 119 total)

The topic ‘Rivington Forum Ride/Pootle Sunday 9 th december with 10:30 start’ is closed to new replies.