Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • RIP Mark Reilly
  • onewheelgood

dogxcd

I’m very sad to hear that
    Never met him, but through buying bikes from him and a number of phone calls, he seemed like a very nice person indeed
    He was extremely generous to me on a couple of occasions

jamj1974

Obviously a very talented person… I have admired Enigmas work for a long time – so imagine part of that was his contribution.

In his prime too…

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Sad news. I love my Gradient.

chiefgrooveguru

RIP Mark. Reilly are based two floors up from us at work, I’m just rather shocked!

DavidB
    Free Member

A great bike designer and builder. I remember the trouble Mark took to spec, build and test my Omega Radius so many years ago in his tiny Brighton office. This is sad news, he had tough times in business and maybe let a few down but was a lovely helpful guy. RIP Mark. I’ll get the Omega out in your memory

birdage

Really sad. Produced some beautiful bikes. Remember somebody demonstrating to me the lightness of one of his Nerve bikes by holding it up with one finger. Incredible piece of design and engineering.

root-n-5th
    Free Member

Very sad. I’m not sure, but I think I met him when I picked up my enigma in 2008. Always admired his work.

Kryton57

Mark was extremely helpful to my wife when she was ordering a 40th birthday frame for me, and me thereafter. So sad to see this, RIP Mark.

breninbeener

That is SO sad. RIP

MoreCashThanDash

Wow, wasn’t expecting to read that.

Daffy

Fifty bloody three…damn.

rob13
    Free Member

Shocked when I saw this, the Gradient is a bike I’ve lusted after since I first saw it a few years ago. RIP

Kuco

RIP

neila

53 is no age at all, we had a chat a Bespoked. I shall ride my Enigma to work tomorrow in remembrance, RIP Mark

velocipede
    Free Member

Oh no – that’s very sad news indeed.

He was very generous with me a few years ago – I bought an ex show bike off him (it was a show winner at Bespoked) and it turned out to be slightly too small for me. I got in touch to see if he’d be willing to advertise it for me on the Reilly website – he refused and offered to take the frame back and build me one, custom, to my spec FOR NOTHING!!! I couldn’t believe it – great, great guy

verticalclimber
    Free Member

Met him few times, he built my first custom mtb frame when enigma were still bexhill way and then a road frame when he first set up Nerve in newhaven. Top bloke imo. I do hope company will carry on ok.
    I’ll be riding the mtb this weekend, its still fits me better then the other 2 i own and although its a 26er i never want to sell

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘RIP Mark Reilly’ is closed to new replies.