Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Rimpact/sealant weirdness
  • LD
    Free Member

So the boy has another incident and rips a tyre (Michelin Wild Enduro). We take it apart this evening and he’s pointed out a weird lump where the rip happened, assume it’s the rimpact broken or something. Ax we get the tyre off this pops out (tyre lever for scale) –

Its a bouncy ball apparently made up of sealant, anyone else ever experienced this?
    Bit annoyed in some ways as it clearly contributed to the tyre damage as opposed to him being a hooligan as I’d first assumed. Adds to a broken shifter, burst brake hose and 2 chain snaps in the last week or so!
    Might get in touch with rimpact and see if they have anything to say.
    Here’s a pic of where the ball was embedded in the foam.

chiefgrooveguru

Isn’t that just a stanimal?

daver27
    Free Member

That happens all the time with tubeless sealant. more so with Stans. nothing unusual there.

just have to regularly clear out the tyre and refresh the sealant.

i’m running Rimpacts with Michelin wild Enduros as well.

ps, thats a tiny one…

LD
    Free Member

Ah Ok,who knew? STW knew obviously.

Davesport

Aye, Stans monster. They live amongst us.

baldiebenty
    Free Member

I’d never had a stanimal until I installed rimpacts and I’ve always used Stans.

I think the friction between the tyre inner wall and the insert probably makes them more likely to form.

luke0912
    Free Member

I gave up with rimpact kept doing that or drying out the sealant, bought tougher tyres and no issues or faff carrying a snake down a mountain when you have to put a tube in 🤦🏻‍♂️

bren2709

No issues here with Rimpacts!

bren2709

Think it’s more your choice of sealant, never had an issue with Rimpacts soaking sealant up.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Think thats bad? I chucked a tube in a back trye that wasn’t quite sealing even though full of stans.

Forgot..for a year. Now the tyre and tube are a single entity. The stans turned into the strongest glue ever. 2 guys couldnt get them seperated. Tried heat. Cold. IPA. Nothing works!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Rimpact/sealant weirdness’ is closed to new replies.