• This topic has 15 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by mrmo.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Rimless spec's………any out there to rival
  • Alek
    Free Member

Oakley Evade.

Time for a new pair of see'in spec's to replace my Oakley Why 3s.

May opt for the Why 4's though depending on fit.

Any others to try before I buy? Must be rimless as face does not suit any other type 👿

CountZero

I've got two pairs of WHY3's, and a pair of WHY8's. Wouldn't choose anything else.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Specs or sunnies? My Oakley Split Threads have been going strong for about 5 years now…

Alek
    Free Member

Specs……..

ell_tell
    Free Member

Could I ask where your getting em from? My local vision express has a rubbish selection of oakley rimless specs. 🙂

Alek
    Free Member

Phoned Vision Express (local one) who are ordering the frames in for me to try.

mrmo
    Free Member

personally i'd go with Lindberg air's

Alek
    Free Member

Do not like the legs………prefer the straight leg of an oakley.

ell_tell
    Free Member

Phoned Vision Express (local one) who are ordering the frames in for me to try.

Ta for that Alex. Might pay my local branch a visit sometime

oomidamon

Be careful with rimless specs – they can make you (me) look like a belgian dentist/serial killer.

Alek
    Free Member

I already do 😀

myheadsashed

2nd mrmo my rimless oakleys were sh!t, kept falling to bits.

DrJ

personally i'd go with Lindberg air's

Me too – they are light you hardly know they exist, and I like the style. Mega$$$ though 🙁

handbrake
    Free Member

Lindberg suffer from the fact they glue the metal frame into the lens, and the nose pads fall off very easily, and only authorised stockists can repair them. They do have a large range of shapes though.

Ive been selling Silhouette rimless for 12 years, numbering into the thousands…. very simple mounting system (much copied) and VERY comfortable.

Whatever, don't go for the cheapo copies…. they're poo

jam-bo

i've had a pair of the silhouette rimless glasses for about 5 years now. best glasses i've ever had, expensive but worth every penny. I'll wear these until my presciption changes and then get some new lenses put in them.

mrmo
    Free Member

just looking at the silhouette's and got a query/hijack, the only site i can find that lets me enter my prescription doesn't go far enough.

So sph is 1.25 cyl -6 axis 10, other eye isn't quite as bad only -5.5.

can they cope with the lens needed

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Rimless spec's………any out there to rival’ is closed to new replies.