Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 133 total)
  • Ride. Drink. Pie. The Edinburgh version – Tuesdays, 6.30pm.
  • perchypanther
    Free Member

Yer Da sells the Avon.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Yer Da sells the Avon.

Steady on!

perchypanther
    Free Member

Yeah, that was probably a step too far…. 😉

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

lol, did ye ever see the Twitter rumour that Aberdeen had signed a young Tunisian superstar? his name was apparently Yerda Selzavon, and he was going to be the Messi of North Africa! Was all over the Aberdeen fan forums before someone clocked it!

13thfloormonk

OP, you’ve succeeded where many others have failed btw,

…by taking pictures that make the Pentlands look good!

kcal

harsh!
    Also in the ‘soft spot for Pentlands’ camp, default haunt for decades after first found MTBs.

2 degrees of separation, wasn’t me but Gary – part of our usual bike lot – that coined Puke Hill (see also The Swoop, Scaletrix, and a handful of others).

13thfloormonk

harsh!

Very true, I felt bad even as I posted it

Edit: I think I was there when the rooty singletrack down to Balerno was christened ‘nail trail’. My buddy kept puncturing on one section until we unearthed a plank full of nails!

kcal

lol! Always wondered about that one.

Camouflage Path was another. Was up from the Dreghorn tracks but round the front of Capelaw Hill – dusk – grinding our way up the singletrack path, and one by one a platoon of squaddies emerge from the ditch beside the trail – heart jumped a huge spike at the first one as you can imagine 🙂

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Apparently ruts and jumps has been tarmacced. That’s another one you can do on your gravel bikes now.

munrobiker
    Free Member

In case anyone’s interested, this week’s route was Phanton’s Clough, Flotterstone, Black Hill, Harbour Hill, Scalextric then a bit through the woods.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Same carry on this week – 6.30pm, Bonaly Stores. Looks like it will be a nice, summery ride!

13thfloormonk

ruts and jumps

Where’s that? I’m guessing the wee traverse between Puke Hill and Torduff?

NZCol

Should see be there tomorrow.

chickenman

I’m up for this too

jimmy

Where’s that? I’m guessing the wee traverse between Puke Hill and Torduff?

It’s the long techy trail kind of from top of Beech Tree AVE to top of 9 mile burn.

AlasdairMc

I’m probably in too.

tjagain

I’m a maybe – so don’t wait for me.

stuartm555
    Free Member

I should be there too

munrobiker
    Free Member

Cool, looks like it’ll be a pleasant evening for it. Might not even get completely covered in muck for a change.

NZCol

Stuck at work so won’t be in attendance. Boo.

BTW Ruts and Jumps has been destroyed or is in the process of being destroyed by the landowner so he can get his wheelchair to the saddle for the view …

munrobiker
    Free Member

I just came on to see who was bailing now it’s started raining! Hopefully see you soon Col.

NZCol

😂 Just left work to discover the rain wtf – it was sunny earlier !

munrobiker
    Free Member

I don’t think I’ll be mentioning the weather in future. Still, it turned out alright and we had a nice time. Missed the pies again, though – we’re going to have to start phoning our order in.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2h6J1NJ]IMG_20190827_181710_edited[/url] by Luke Bradley, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2h6J1GB]IMG_20190827_195628_edited[/url] by Luke Bradley, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2h6JJZD]IMG_20190827_202927_edited[/url] by Luke Bradley, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2h6JJU3]IMG_20190827_204344_edited[/url] by Luke Bradley, on Flickr

munrobiker
    Free Member

OK, this week I can’t guarantee anything weather-wise but I can guarantee there’ll be some food because we’ll ring in the order with the pub.

Who’s up for it tomorrow night?

munrobiker
    Free Member

Ooooft. Might be a slow one tonight – I’ve got a stinking cold 🙁

AlasdairMc

I’ll be passing Bonaly on my way home but might not head out for a ride as I’ve not got a decent waterproof with me.

Still not fixed that troublesome tyre. Two anchovies and a few other leaks and it’s still not holding air! Poets Glen killed it…

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’ve had to sack a tyre off after a Pentlands ride recently – it must just be too extreme up there. 😉

munrobiker
    Free Member

Pies (possibly), drinks (probably) and bikes (definitely) tomorrow evening at 6.30 from Bonaly Stores. I’ll not be there myself this week or next as I’m on holiday but keep the momentum going and I’ll see you soon.

NZCol

Sorry, I’m away again tomorrow night – have fun !

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’m still away but the ride will go on- usual time and place. Have fun and I’ll see you all next week when it starts pissing with rain again.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’m back on it tomorrow, see anyone who’s up for it there at 6.30.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I think there’s a handful of riders committed to night, anyone else fancy joining us?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I might make it out tonight but 6.30 might be pushing it.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I *should* be there – as long as I don’t sleep in on my afternoon nap

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Family stuff has got in the way.

munrobiker
    Free Member

No problem. At least a couple of us are already committed.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Anyone joining in tonight?

stuartm555
    Free Member

Anyone out tomorrow night? Have you managed to make it in time for pies yet?

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I’m 50:50 at the moment

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’m a possible.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 133 total)

The topic ‘Ride. Drink. Pie. The Edinburgh version – Tuesdays, 6.30pm.’ is closed to new replies.