Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • reverse typing update ( keylogger caught it!)
  • kaiser
    Free Member

i did use backspace before rhino …changed the keylogger view to revealCapture-1

kaiser
    Free Member

gotta go for a while thanks for your help back later on ..all suggestions welcome. cheers

muddy_bum
    Free Member

It’s because click lock is on. When you selected the word helicopter you probably double clicked it. On the track pad this is set to ClickLock. The cursor is locker to the pointer. When you delete the word with your backspace the click locked cursor remains to the left of the typed text. When you type the cursor moves back to the locked position so the letters appear backwards.

kaiser
    Free Member

thanks I’ll investigate that suggestion … not home yet .If it were that surely wouldn’t loads of people experience the same? I’ll report back

kaiser
    Free Member

don’t think it is clicklock although it is set to on . I couldn’t get it to do that to any words no matter how hard I try . On my laptop clicklock simply appears to be used to select and drag files/folders and has no effect on the movement of the cursor

kaiser
    Free Member

I’m no expert ..far from it but I can’t find any way to lock the cursor and even google doesn’t mention it ..there is software that will do it though. Happy to be shown i’m wrong.

kaiser
    Free Member

Just to confirm ..I am typing the words in the correct order …it’s happened twice again tonight and the keylogger confirmed it . the last word was “unsure” which ended up as “erusnu” with the cursor to the left of the “e” when I stopped typing.

Gunz
    Free Member

I have no idea what any of this means but looking at your grammar and syntax in the original post I assume your computer was as confused as a normal human would be.

kcr
    Free Member

If you can’t touch type, why not look at the screen and just type “qwerty” + space repeatedly until you see the problem happening?

kaiser
    Free Member

thank you gunz .. at 54 yrs of age it’s the first time in my life my grammar has been criticised . Merry Xmas and sorry I’m not perfect like you …you are obviously very special and hope you feel good putting others down for a quick laugh .My typing skills are very poor and I’m not sure what syntax even means but won’t bother looking it up . May I suggest in your will you ask for an enema so they can bury you in a matchbox. All your further comments will be ignored.
    Now if anyone has any more helpful suggestions they’d be appreciated.
    KCR ..seeing the problem happen won’t help ..I know what happens but don’t know why !

Greybeard
    Free Member

As mentioned a few posts up, clicklock is where I’d look for the solution. It’s not something I’m familiar with so you need to look in the documentation for the laptop – this discussion may help.

You may also find you can make the problem repeatable by doing what you did on the helicopter/rhino text, ie, delete a word and then type (but doing it different ways, based on things in that link. Once it’s repeatable you’re well on the way to understanding it an avoiding it.

kaiser
    Free Member

Thanks Grey ..I’ve tried all sorts of things/combinations to try and repeat but with no success . I’m not so bothered now though as I know it’s not me having some weird dyslexic behaviour. I have actually been very unwell so when people started mentioning brain problems etc the other day and
    some insisting that it was definitely me doing it i became slightly unsettled and wanted to confirm that it wasn’t ….and the keylogger has reassured me .

5lab

Can the keylogger detect clicks?

I think it could be (in effect) a manual click lock – you’re resting your hand oddly on the trackpad, thus ‘clocking’ the same place after every letter you type?

Gunz
    Free Member

Kaiser, if you have been unwell and my sarcy comments (meant in jest) have upset you then I apologise.

kaiser
    Free Member

Fair enough Gunz..appreciated and all forgotten now I was tired and not so good tbh .we all do and say silly things to wind others up
    ..in the past I’ve done more than fair share.Glad it didn’t escalate.
    YrreM samX!

kaiser
    Free Member

Slab..I have software installed that now disables the touchpad asa you start typing .I’ve made numerous attempts to replicate to no avail. My money is on chrome extensions causing it tbh but don’t want to uninstall them as they are numerous and regularly used. Probably wrong though!I shall prove by switching to Firefox regularly as it hasn’t happened with that browser yet but tbh I haven’t used it that much.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Kaiser – has the problem only ever happened in Chrome?

If so, any specific websites?

kaiser
    Free Member

No specific websites unfortunately

cranberry
    Free Member

Does it happen with the Vivaldi browser ?

kaiser
    Free Member

Never used vivaldi but starting to use Firefox more and it’s not occurred on there yet

leffeboy

Sorry if this has already been asked but are you typing on a laptop with a trackpad?  I sometimes find mine will make me type in the wrong place mid sentence but never all the way to going backwards.  However there are enough funny modes in trackpads that it might be possibleI

edit: I see that you are using a trackpad and have it set to disable as soon as you start typing.  See if you can just completely disable it

kaiser
    Free Member

well it just happened again on chrome but this time I noticed what was happening. The cursor stays in the same place when typing so the letters move to the right when typing. It carries on like this until the cursor is moved.

kaiser
    Free Member

sorry I meant the letters move to the left of the stuck cursor so if you type “dog” the d appears then “o” goes to it’s left giving “od” then again typing “g” gives “god”

sharkbait
    Free Member

Rather than uninstalling the Chrome extensions you could just disable them and switch them back on when you want.

ossify

Something to do with language settings maybe? Do you have more than 1 language pack in use?

Might be switching to right-to-left typing, though how/why it would do this for one word and then switch back again without you noticing I’ve no idea. The default Windows shortcut to switch typing language is alt+left shift.

Stuuey

I think ossify has it Ctl + leftshift will change language to a left to right language. Also you should delete Chrome’s autofill database (advanced settings>autofill>delete) as it will remember your backwards searches.

glenh
    Free Member

kaiser

well it just happened again on chrome but this time I noticed what was happening. The cursor stays in the same place when typing so the letters move to the right when typing. It carries on like this until the cursor is moved.

Are you accidentally hitting the insert button (probably rather than delete)?

kaiser
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure it’s none of your suggestions as most things have been tried and the keylogger would tell me if I was pressing wrong buttons which it appears I’m not. I have found a few further ideas which I’m checking out and will report back if successful. Thanks for all the help anyhow

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘reverse typing update ( keylogger caught it!)’ is closed to new replies.