Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Reverb sticking
  • sam1988
    Free Member

I’ve a 2 year old reverb, was serviced a few months ago and covered around 100 miles since (I don’t get out much) recently its started to stick. When I press the lever with my Weight on it fails to drop, I have to bounce abit before it will drop, it will come back up fine and will continue to drop fine if I tried it again straight away bur a few mins later it will stick again. I done the basics, bleed System, clamp not to tight, 250psi, clean and tube shaft, its to me got some stiction, if coming back up slowly it will make a sticky seal noise but I’ve had this on previous reverb which have worked fine.

timbog160

Are you sure it’s bled properly – sounds like classic symptoms of needing a bleed to me? Don’t forget to turn the remote to slow before starting.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

Service it again

DezB
    Free Member

Mine’s like that too, I even changed to 1X lever (which obviously included a bleed) and it made no difference. I just work with it.

sam1988
    Free Member

I’ve spoken to the company who serviced it who believe it could be a bleed issue after ruling out the basics. I’m running a 1x lever which apparently the hose can draw in air when threaded onto the barp? When pulling vacuum when bleeding I do get small bubbles, I’m not sure if that’s meant to stop? They is after pulling vacuum around 20 times with the syringe

sam1988
    Free Member

Small update, I’ve done nothing else with the post, I’ve been on a small ride today and found if I sit on the seat in my normal position I have to bounce the seat to go down, if I slide forward on the seat slightly, like 5mm it’s fine, the fault has started since I changed saddle which I’ve finally realised today, going to slide the seat forward slightly and retry

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

If it’s not a bleed issue(make sure you do full end to end bleed)It probably needs a quick lube service and check of the bushings-it could be one of them is torn and causing post to bind .It’s fairly simple job to do .

timbog160

Also, erm, try loosening the seatpost clamp half a turn and see if that helps…

sam1988
    Free Member

Still putting up with this. Concemplating a new dropper but want to try a few things before. I want to try and put the original dropper lever on to see if it’s a bleed issue or lever issue.
    With regards to quick service. I’ve never had one apart. Any way to lube the wiper seal etc without taking the oil etc out?
    If its simply a bleed issue I’m temped to try the wolftooth sustain

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Reverb sticking’ is closed to new replies.